Gran Turismo > General Gran Turismo

GT Academy

(1/174) > >>

GrumpyTuna:
It looks like Canada is shafted again on getting there own GT Academy. It sure is a shame, because i know there are a lot of very fast Canadians! Very bad deal for the Canadians! Just my .02 worth.

ZeeTuna303:
Argh!!!   >:(

Oh well, I might just have to see if I can even get on the leaderboard...... Prize or not!

Tuna_Girls_n1cup:
Zee, if they don't allow Canadian's to register I think you can make an entirely different profile, but when you do say you are from America. It'll at least get you on the board to compete. I made a British profile a while back to download something only the European's got that we didn't. 

When we were at the Finals last time there was a lot of discussion about Canada being in the next season, they wouldn't confirm anything then and I don't know that the verdict will be. The reason Canada wasn't in the 2011 season had to do something with Sony Canada or Nissan Canada, or something. It made sense at the time, but then again we were partially drunk at the bar with some Nissan exec's, so I can't recall exactly.   :-\

MasterGT:
There are different laws covering each province or state, which is why contests are limited in each country. There are also long commitments to cover and SONY Canada has to budget for all contests, not just the Academy.

So as I said elsewhere, they are still working on it. That was confirmed today.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup:
It may be looking good. I know Australia isn't going to participate and there is no mention of GT Academy on the Aussie Gran-Turismo website. Alternatively both the US and Canadian sites have links to the GT Academy news story....unless the Canadian site just links to the US site?

I hope Canadians are allowed this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version