Gran Turismo > General Gran Turismo

The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.

(1/350) > >>

UCanTuna:
Saw a message on gt.com stating there may be log in issues if you are running IE8. They suggest Firefox or Chrome as alternative browsers and are working on the compatibility issue. IE users may not be able to run remote B-spec.

Turbo-Tuna:
I have had problems logging in with IE8 since some PSN network maintenance a while back. Some error about parameters. I find that you can 't log in to 'GT5 My Home' with one ID if you are logged into PSN boards with another ID.

GoesTuna11:

--- Quote from: TurboTuna on March 22, 2011, 03:17:44 PM ---I have had problems logging in with IE8 since some PSN network maintenance a while back. Some error about parameters. I find that you can 't log in to 'GT5 My Home' with one ID if you are logged into PSN boards with another ID.

--- End quote ---

I usually use a different browser to check different accounts.  If I'm using firefox, I'll start chrome and vice versa.  On the rare occasion, I'll also start safari.  I had some issues today but it turned out I was signed out of psn.

UCanTuna:
Coupla things... got an email from Sony announcing they are changing their name from SCEA to SNEA (Sony Network Entertainment America) and putting up a new Terms of Service agreement. Some discussion about having to log in and agree to new terms to keep accounts active. This all happens April 1. You may experience connection issues. (Oh, great!)

also... Cipriani mentioned this last night. Sometimes the XMB member list and the list we see in GT5 get out of synch. One will show a member online and the other won't. Or, sometimes it will show someone online and playing the game but there will be no gold icon by their name. And then... after a bit... the gold icon shows up.

I have noticed the Friends List in GT5 takes some time to build. Sometimes as long as a minute. I had always thought it was just my slow connection and/or home network.

I guess the point is keep checking back if you're trying to hook up with someone. Cip could tell I was on and playing the game (I was setting up ShoSho) but didn't see a gold icon to link to me... until he waited a bit and checked back.

It's like the two servers have a little trouble talking to each other.

RickS95:
I don't think Sony knows what the hell is going on.  I'm still struggling with the remote racing.  I'm trying to build up another ID so I've been doing some racing with some IRR account that I don't quite remember.  All day yesterday, ItsRick showed up on my friend list from my computer at work, but it was grayed out.  I thought maybe a friend request had been sent, but not yet accepted. 

When I got home last night, that wasn't the case.  This morning, before I left for work I set it up to run a race and when that race was over to put me in standby mode so I could start racing when I got to work.  While at home, ItsRick showed up just fine and raced.  However, at work, ItsRick is nowhere to be found. 

Fuckers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version