• April 28, 2024, 08:28:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: An evening in Western Europe  (Read 1004 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: An evening in Western Europe
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »

I'm not a fan of the new tire wear rate either, at least when it comes to racing tires.  Sports don't seem too bad.  Haven't even tried comforts yet.  

Starting to wonder... for certain events (particularly if we want to use racing softs) if tire wear should be turned to OFF.

Is that more realistic?  No, obviously not.
Would it be more fun?  I think so.  

Again though, only for certain evnets.  Quite commonly we run 5 lappers.  Racing Softs don't even last 5 laps at some of the longer tracks, and on the 4th or 5th lap the cars become almost undriveable.  Races like that might be more fun with tire wear off.

:-\
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:54:54 PM by TunaWiz »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: An evening in Western Europe
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 11:00:09 AM »

I'm not a fan of the new tire wear rate either, at least when it comes to racing tires.  Sports don't seem too bad.  Haven't even tried comforts yet.  

Starting to wonder... for certain events (particularly if we want to use racing softs) if tire wear should be turned to OFF.

Is that more realistic?  No, obviously not.
Would it be more fun?  I think so.  

Again though, only for certain evnets.  Quite commonly we run 5 lappers.  Racing Softs don't even last 5 laps at some of the longer tracks, and on the 4th or 5th lap the cars become almost undriveable.  Races like that might be more fun with tire wear off.

:-\

I really expect more patching from PD on tires. Though for now I think we should try to move to Sports tires unless using very high HP cars.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up