• April 26, 2024, 08:36:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Obutto  (Read 9243 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Obutto
« on: February 06, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

I know there are a few of you here that have an Obutto.  I think there may even be some pictures floating around here somewhere.

A couple questions for those that have one...

Is it sturdy?  I'm pretty hard on my wheel and pedals.

Do you have the tabletop accessory?  If so, does it swing from the side to the front? or is it stationary?

Are there multiple mounting options for both wheel and pedals?  I ask because I have a Fanatec CSR & CSR Elite pedals and I can't find any info on whether or not they are compatible with an Obutto.

Any other relevant info you think I should know?

I recently cashed in some unused vacation days so I have a nice spare chunk of change and am thinking about getting one.

Thanks!

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: Obutto
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

I know there are a few of you here that have an Obutto.  I think there may even be some pictures floating around here somewhere.

A couple questions for those that have one...

Is it sturdy?  I'm pretty hard on my wheel and pedals.

Do you have the tabletop accessory?  If so, does it swing from the side to the front? or is it stationary?

Are there multiple mounting options for both wheel and pedals?  I ask because I have a Fanatec CSR & CSR Elite pedals and I can't find any info on whether or not they are compatible with an Obutto.

Any other relevant info you think I should know?

I recently cashed in some unused vacation days so I have a nice spare chunk of change and am thinking about getting one.

Thanks!

It is sturdy (as long as you have everything screwed in tight)... I've wiggled some nuts loose on mine (they were only ever hand-tightened) but just re-tighten them and it's fine. Everything is welded metal and the bottom is smooth (except the tray, see below). Unless you're like kicking it and throwing it at things, it should hold up to your brute force.

The tabletop swings in (on mine from the left). I sit close to the wheel so it won't swing in front of me while I'm in the chair, but it goes to like a 45 degree angle from me. It'll swing in front of the chair when I'm not in it. I use it to hold shit (remotes, controllers, bluetooth headset). I don't put my laptop on it because I don't trust it (I move when I race... you know, leaning into corners... and I don't want it to tip).

The model Obutto I have has one place for the wheel and the pedals sit on the tray on the ground (which is adjustable for bank angle and possibly reach). The wheel can be moved up and down (it's on an angle so moving it up moves it toward you and down away from you).

The seat slides forward and backward and reclines (you're from Michigan, no? If you need to be in full "Detroit Lean" mode you definitely can). The pedal tray grips the pedals really well... they've never budged since I've put them on there over 2 years ago. I don't use the TV stand that attaches to the front (I use the empty pole spot to wrap my excess wires around). The only modification I've made is I slid an old piece of wood baseboard under the pedal tray so I can slide the whole rig across the carpet without the edge of the tray catching anything. I just kick it out when I drive so everything sits in place.

The shifter and tabletop can switch sides and you can mount it farther forward or rearward with regards to the seat. I'm sure some people would like the shifter to go farther forward but I like it where it's at.

Umm... I love it. I will be moving in the coming months (don't know where to yet) and I realized that if I move farther away, I will be taking less things. I've been trying to figure out in my mind what I will have to leave behind so this rig will fit in my car.  :)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »

I won't drag out that altered picture with the God awful Red Wing jerseys replacing my B's.  

I love mine.

It is very study.  No motion.

I have the keyboard tray/desk top.  It came with it.  It swivels.  It can mount on either side.  This is the only thing that may shake a little during game play.  It is nice to have this.

The wheel mount is basically a metal plate welded onto two rails that slide up and in (towards you) or out and down.(away from you) Perfect for getting the wheel the proper height and distance from your seating position.  It uses the wheels own clamping system to hold onto it.

The foot tray is adjustable to a point.  It has 3 mounting positions that raise the tray about an inch.  Its a nice size foot tray.  It fits my G27 pedals with room to spare on each side and front and back.  My pedals measure about 12" at its widest point and 17" long (toe to heel).   I don't know how your pedals look so I don't know if that helps you or not.

It also can with the gated shifter mount.  It's rarely used.  Looks cool for the guests that come over though. :D

The seat is really comfy.  Hours can be spent in it at a time.  If you tire, it fully reclines so you can nap.

I'll see if I can find photo's of the pedal tray I took for another friend of mine.  Those might help you out.

So, what can I do to get you to drive home one of these Obutto's tonight. :laugh

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »

I'm sure you can drill the plate for the wheel because the clamping system on the CSR is god awful.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 07:40:50 PM »

I won't drag out that altered picture with the God awful Red Wing jerseys replacing my B's.  

I have the keyboard tray/desk top.  It came with it.  It swivels.  It can mount on either side.  This is the only thing that may shake a little during game play.  It is nice to have this.

Ah, I understand now.  After reading this and doing a little more reading elsewhere, I see now that the tabletop accessory is in addition to the keyboard/mouse tray.  I was originally under the impression that this tabletop accessory was the keyboard/mouse tray.

The seat is really comfy.  Hours can be spent in it at a time.  If you tire, it fully reclines so you can nap.

Sold!    

Thanks guys.  Your respnses were extremely helpful.

One more question...  how was it delivered?  I read they weigh about 100ish pounds.  Does it come on a pallet?  Will I need to be home to help the delivery person get it off the truck?

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 08:02:45 PM »

One more question...  how was it delivered?  I read they weigh about 100ish pounds.  Does it come on a pallet?  Will I need to be home to help the delivery person get it off the truck?

Probably

My UPS guy was not amused by the giant box. I think it literally shipped from China to Texas and they shipped it to me without opening it. But yeah I had to help lug it inside. No pallet for me.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »

It comes in a big box.  No pallet.   I did not help the UPS guy.  They get paid to snap their backs, I don't.  I helped him slide it in the front door ^-^

I don't know if you need to be home, I just happened to be home.

Mine shipped from Olympia, WA.  I got it 2 days after payment went through.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »

Thanks guys.

I'm fairly confident I'll be placing an order in the next day or two.  Now I just need to figure out how the fuck I'm going to rearrange the room it's going in.   ^-^

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »

Holy fucking $100 shipping!   :o

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »

Thanks guys.

I'm fairly confident I'll be placing an order in the next day or two.  Now I just need to figure out how the fuck I'm going to rearrange the room it's going in.   ^-^

:yay
:booyah  :bcheer  :bcool
:bdance-l  :bdance-r
:bhop

:brock-l
:fiesta
:spin

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 07:21:51 AM »

Holy fucking $100 shipping!   :o
You can build one for the cost of shipping alone   I have heard they are the cats ass though.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 08:07:34 AM »

If/when I sell my Camaro this will be on order within a week.  :D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »

Just placed my order this morning!  :)

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 08:22:28 AM »

Just placed my order this morning!  :)
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!
Did they give you a lead time?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 08:23:35 AM »

They were in stock and said to allow 2 to 7 days for shipping.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up