• March 28, 2024, 06:54:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gaming headset issues.....  (Read 2384 times)

SlyTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
Gaming headset issues.....
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:16:59 AM »

I need help. My headset is broke. When i checked the headset audio settings menu thingy my headset's name is in dark grey and i cant adjust it. What do i do? This is the second pair of HP headsets i've gone through in oh what..... 3 months it seems like to me but how should i know fully at midnight when i'm so freaking frustrated? I just want to know how do i fix this issue? :( Do i go buy a new headset or what?

(I'm sorry if this message sounds so freaking crappy. I'm really ticked off and I wanted my headset to work so i could teach my racing pal (PSN ID: RaTchet_00_17 if you want to PM him the "ropes" about the Sunday Shuffle) about our Sunday Shuffle since he likes to race with me and i'm sure he'd like to meet you guys too. He's a cool guy... but not as cool as Blacktopwolf and Nekrossai. ;)*sigh*)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:28:08 AM by Alduin »

SlyTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
Re: Gaming headset issues.....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:36:02 AM »

(Ok, now that ive got that back in order.... or not.... god freaking dang it all!!!!! Sorry Ronin.... :( My night has just gone to fucking shit! I'm not a responsible moderator it seems.... *taildroops and sighs depressingly*)

Its USB... also it was unmuted when this happened.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:43:56 AM by Alduin »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Re: Gaming headset issues.....
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »

Meh, don't worry about it too much, Back when I was your age as a rookie admin I on a couple occasions accidentally deleted entire threads and once an entire forum section, thankfully it was a new forum that had not been used yet.....but anywho.

Is the headset plugged directly into the PS3 or is it into a hub?

Are you using USB extension cables?

Do you have multiple headsets registered to the machine?

What brand of headset is it?

With my USB headset, if it is not plugged in it shows up dimmed out just like you are describing. What I suspect is going on is one of a handful things.

The first and only one with a simple solution that you have multiple headsets registered to the machine and the one you have plugged in is actually not the one you see. In this instance select the device hit the up or down button until you find one that is lit up.

The second is pending weather you are using a Hub or plugged right into the machine.

If you are using a hub. I have found with the hub I have hooked to my PC that some devices when plugged in will overrule anything else plugged into them, it's a real pain in the ass when I put a thumb drive into my hub and loose my mouse  >:( This being your problem is incredibly unlikely but just to be safe, after powering on the system, unplug the headset and plug it back in. If this does not work there could be something wrong with the hub, voice communication through a hub has been problematic for a lot of people, try plugging it directly into the machine. If you are all ready plugged directly into the machine, switch ports.

If you are using USB extension cables, get rid of them.

There is also the possibility you do have a bad headset as well as the possibility of the particular headset is not compatible with the PS3 (Doubtful since it is apparently shown in the XMB). If it does come down to buying a new headset, look at Logitech headsets, I have come to trust their name above all others. They have reasonably priced equipment that will last you, My Logitech headset has a slight short in the cable, but I'm it's third owner and it works so it's all good.

If none of the above works.....your USB port might be shot and I have no recommendation for that.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011
Pages: [1]   Go Up