SupaTunaGT

• April 18, 2024, 09:09:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLC Cars - wish list  (Read 4306 times)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: DLC Cars - wish list
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »

:stoopid: :stoopid: :stoopid: ;D

I would still take cars also, if they weren't Japanese!

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »

The full field for this year's 24 Hrs of LeMans, including the DeltaWing... :P

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »

I'm probably the only one who believes we have enough cars and just need more tracks.

You are not alone my friend.  While I would buy new cars if they became available, I wouldn't mind if not one more car was added to this game if it meant we got more tracks.

:stoopid:  :stoopid:

:stoopid: x3

ALSO: PD I remain available to digitally scan tracks via some sort of scanner device mounted on a truck. Pay for my expenses and some sort of wage and I'll drive every square inch of every race track in the world at 3mph. CALL ASAP, as I have nothing going for me at the moment.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »

agree tracks are a higher priority by an order of magnitude.

even though the course creator is very limited.  people should start shaing the really good ones because they may be the best way to get more miles of road to keep us going.

I'm making some for my kart series that are meticulously designed and redesigned until they are exactlyu what I'm looking for.

I know a few people who have made some really great tracks too.

A lot of you know Revengel.  He started a thread at PSN forum where he would do a write-up of a track, give it a backstory, etc.  He created a PSN account named "Trackshare" that I'm sure could be utilized much more than it is.

Each week, a new track was featured on the trackshare account, because we can each only share one at a time.  He had some good creations, and would also share some created by others.

The tunas could start something like that up or we could try to revitalize that thread.  Either way, I feel if enough care is taken, the course creator tracks can be really good.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »

agree tracks are a higher priority by an order of magnitude.

even though the course creator is very limited.  people should start shaing the really good ones because they may be the best way to get more miles of road to keep us going.

I'm making some for my kart series that are meticulously designed and redesigned until they are exactlyu what I'm looking for.

I know a few people who have made some really great tracks too.

A lot of you know Revengel.  He started a thread at PSN forum where he would do a write-up of a track, give it a backstory, etc.  He created a PSN account named "Trackshare" that I'm sure could be utilized much more than it is.

Each week, a new track was featured on the trackshare account, because we can each only share one at a time.  He had some good creations, and would also share some created by others.

The tunas could start something like that up or we could try to revitalize that thread.  Either way, I feel if enough care is taken, the course creator tracks can be really good.

Very true. Although I just can't get into the created tracks in GT5. There is something about them that I find myself continuously lost.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »

Ex, I can appreciate your thinking on the created tracks, but I can tell you, we put in a bunch of time on them a while back. From running a whole points series on them, to events dedicated to them. The novelty wore off, and the reality set in, that it's tough to get a good track out of it. Early on, I use to make tracks all the time, but an update changed something, and it's tougher to get it to do what it use to do. It's hard to explain.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »

Very true. Although I just can't get into the created tracks in GT5. There is something about them that I find myself continuously lost.

I think that may be more do to with a lack of care taken when creating some tracks.  If you hit random and it generates one, you'd be lucky to get a good one about 25% of the time.  That is, good by the same standards we use to judge real tracks.

but if you study how the system works and keep at it, I think you'd be surprised at some of the tracks that have surfaced.

The trick is to avoid what you're worried about... the "getting lost" factor.  People add so many turns and crazy bankings (sometimes hard to avoid) and this is the outcome... a track that is new and interesting, but too unpredictable and hard to memorize.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »

:stoopid: :stoopid: :stoopid:
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 05:19:29 PM »

CharlieTuna and james_mikel have tried to create fun tracks for y'all to try.  Charlie changes his share every 3 months (90 days) - usually with a brand new track that was developed while sharing it.  I try to design for FUN without having blind corners (whenever possible).  I also make them max width and bank the corners a bit to allow for close, side-by-side, fast racing.
:jumpinit

I am currently sharing one called "Warbird"-something because of it's general shape.  Try it, I think you'll like it.  :chillin

If not I have about a dozen more available that I've built - and tested...  I rarely save something that is not a decent ride.  ("The Coffin" was designed for a speacial evnet and therefore the blind corner with two jumps was a very necessary evil.  And it was something that allowed for naming of sections - I call that particular section "the Nail"...

BTW, most of y'all know but I also raid my Friend's List about every 2-3 months, so I already have most Tuna-created tracks... 

And I think we have some real good ones. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up