SupaTunaGT

• April 26, 2024, 09:29:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Here enjoy Karts?  (Read 612 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Anybody Here enjoy Karts?
« on: February 22, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »

I'm gauging interest for a teams-based Kart series and want to know how likely it is I could find at least 3 or so people from this forum who would want to form a team.  it would need to be people who are fairly good at karts.

I don't need commitments just yet, and more details will follow.  I just want to see if, even though I don't see Kart events posted here,  there may be some closet kart racers among you.

I'd Ideally want at least four teams of three, but that may change.

My series idea is well thought-out and some testing has already been done to demonstrate the viability of certain aspects of the event.

To give you a clue as to what it is about... think "Tour de France" with a competition winner for the General Classification(Yellow Jersey) Sprint Points (Green) and Twisty Points for climbing through the most difficult tracks with great kart control and stamina.

Don't worry about whether you understand the format yet.  I've got a lot of documentation prepared that will explain things in probably too much detail when it's time to post it.

Lastly, there's a good chance that participants in this series would interact with teams whose members are from other forums.  I know some people have a lot of bad history with some people.  Is it possible to get people from the larger GT community together to participate in a fun and competitive event without having issues?

For instance, I'll probably post or have someone post my Event thread (not this one) on the following websites.

PSN Forum's Events Section
This site (duh)
TPRA
GTElite
TeamRIP

Let me know if this could possibly be done.

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Anybody Here enjoy Karts?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »

Karts are fun.

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

Unfortunately I don't see this as furthering relations. With that reason I am passing. Good luck though.

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:30:50 AM »

im fairly good at karts and would be intrested in joining you ex
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:15:56 AM »

thanks for the replys... Il'l let you know as more develops.

Baked, you may be right, that it is asking for trouble trying to mix groups of peop;le.  I was mostly thinking of posting here and PSN which I think is a fine mix.  The others I don't know.  The main reason was so that I could get a full event.  This format would suck with only a few people.

I'll rethink posting it everywhere and depending on how it shapes up, you may want to join afterall.

thanks.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 08:42:25 AM »

I personally don't care much for Karts so I wouldn't be interested in this particular event, sorry Ex.

However, I might be interested in other future team events depending on the vehicles.  I seem to remember we ran a few Team TuTus a while back that were pretty fun, basically just a handful of team colours that we painted the car of the week in and a loose record was kept of results, only race I remember offhand was with the Alfa Romeo 8C because some of the pictures I took looked like a Skittles commercial with all the brightly painted cars clumped together :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."
Pages: [1]   Go Up