SupaTunaGT

• April 20, 2024, 01:56:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: INDYCAR  (Read 11760 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: INDYCAR
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »

Was just coming to post this same map. Nice find Dude. Effin place looks great and from what I am reading the drivers are really diggin' it throughout the garage. All saying it has great flow.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 11:39:36 AM »

I would certainly like to have a good racing game with the revised track.

Also, the latest word I've read is that bad weather in the area may turn this into a wet race.

Also, also a link to some comments from Montoya who ran the original configuration in F1.

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/103385-f1-montoya-says-2005-indy-gp-farce-wouldn-t-have-happened-on-revised-course

Edit:  This is cool. Hot lap shot with google glass.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140509/INDYCAR/140509856
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:45:51 AM by dlrws6 »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 07:34:32 AM »

In Indy 500 news:

Hélio Castroneves put the big speed number up Thursday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway as Fast Friday approaches.

Castroneves' lap of 227.166 mph stands as the best of the month so far, but it doesn't figure to stand long.

“We will keep working,” Castroneves said. “The weather dropped a lot today, but right now the car is handling really well. Certainly the draft counts a lot here and I feel very confident in the Pennzoil No. 3 machine, so right now we will keep going and keep working. I think 229 or 230, it's possible.”

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 05:23:29 PM »

Speeds are up this year.  After qualifying today. The fast 9 were all averaging 230mph over their 4 lap run.

Tomorrow the run for the pole should be good.  ESPN3 (online) has the first half of the day and the second half is on ABC.  I'm not sure of the times.

Next weekend the 500 on ABC.  ;D

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 04:59:03 PM »

Kurt Busch pitched one into a wall for Andretti Motorsports today. Now I can not like him in two series.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 08:51:15 AM »

Kurt Bash?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »

Kurt Bash?

I'm not a fan but I think it will be interesting to see how he does in the race. Not to mention Villianuve.

I'm glad its finally hear. This is my favorite weekend of the year.  Monaco, Indy and Charlotte all in one day.  :laugh

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »

Kurt Bash?

I'm not a fan but I think it will be interesting to see how he does in the race. Not to mention Villianuve.

I'm glad its finally hear. This is my favorite weekend of the year.  Monaco, Indy and Charlotte all in one day.  :laugh

I kid it was only because he crashed in practice. I should have called him Kurt Crash. :) I actually think he is a very good racer. I have never been impressed by Villieneuve. I think he will crash out early. 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »

Sonoma for those who may have missed it...

IndyCar Series 2014 - Round17 Sonoma - Race [FULL]

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »

Is it just me or does Honda's new aero kit for their teams in Indycar look ridiculous? First time I saw a pic of it I thought it was a joke. I understand these series chase aero development but at some point it is going too far.

Chevy's are not much better.

At an early race this season one of these flimsy bits off a wing came off flew a hundred yards supposedly and hit a fan in the head.

Both makers cars look like there is way too much shit out on those wings in precarious spots waiting to be knocked off. Seems like they have gone too far and that is on top of the stupid looking things they have become.

Or maybe I am just too picky I mean what the hell do I know?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »

I'm not a fan of the looks either.  Although they seem to look better in motion than in still pictures.  Also Indycar has mad Chevy go back and redesign/eliminate the two vertical elements a/k/a rabbit ears on the ends of the wings due to being too flimsy.  They were removed for Long Beach this past weekend.

To me though its not much different than Formula 1 these days. It seems the general philosophy to generate down force is to add as many little winglets to the bodywork as possible.  Not to mention that underneath these are still the standard Dallara DW12 used the last few years.

They have made a difference. The lap times have dropped (and cautions gone up :() and at Long Beach the announcers even noticed a reduction in marbles produced by the tires slidding.  With no evidence of a compound change since last year.

If there is any good news out of it, is that when they get to the ovals they should look a lot different.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 06:58:54 AM »

Just a reminder May is Indy month.  The Indy GP will be on May 9th and the 500 will be on the 24th.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 11:36:36 AM »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2015, 04:43:13 PM »

Somebody won the Grand Prix of Indinapolis and someone else came in second and third. If you stare at this photo long enough they might possibly appear to you. I still have not seen the podium finishers but I keep on lookin'.

;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up