SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 09:03:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• TuTu - 512BB: February 28, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TuTu February 28 2012 - You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!  (Read 1633 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
TuTu February 28 2012 - You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »

Car: Ferrari 512BB

Setup: Stock. Oil change. BE COLORFUL.

Restrictions:
Power - 364HP
Weight - 1400kg
Tires - Racing Hard
Tuning - Prohibited
Lounge: TuTuTuna

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
Re: TuTu February 28 2012 - You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:16:05 AM »

Car: Ferrari 512BB

Setup: Stock. Oil change. BE COLORFUL.

Restrictions:
Power - 364HP
Weight - 1400kg
Tires - Racing Hard
Tuning - Prohibited
Lounge: TuTuTuna

YAY!! i hope to join this.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »

ooh, a tricky one to handle!  At least you were kind enough to give us Race Hards!

Hmm, now I just bought a new one of these a few weeks ago, painted it Matte Pink, but it's already heavily modded.

Time to dip into the 20,000,000 cr again!   ;D

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »

First race I made was the last at HSR.  Spent the beginning of the race with a black screen and started with a group of cars about 20 seconds after a first group went off.  I figured the servers were fucked again.  Next race was a two-lapper at the Ring.  Went fine til the end.  We voted for a new track, my race screen went black and I was locked up.  Restarted the game, now the effing room is full.  Not happy.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »

First race I made was the last at HSR.  Spent the beginning of the race with a black screen and started with a group of cars about 20 seconds after a first group went off.  I figured the servers were fucked again.  Next race was a two-lapper at the Ring.  Went fine til the end.  We voted for a new track, my race screen went black and I was locked up.  Restarted the game, now the effing room is full.  Not happy.

The room was never full... when you entered you were #16 and you bounced immediately. No one took your place. That said, tonight was especially wonky. Like REALLY bad.

Somehow it was still awesome. Thank you all for the impressive turnout. I had to leave early and I hope it continued. I'm not sure I've ever seen a revolving 17 people in the room. I wish it was like this every week.  8)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »

Ran one at HSR which was wonky as fuck.

Ran one at Nurb which was awesome, as always.

Ran two at DRC.  Fuck the bus stop.

Great turnout!  Thanks for the

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »

I noticed when I kept trying to enter the room it showed 15/16, gave me a message I was entering the room, then kicked me out saying it was full.  I'd immediately try the process over and get the same message.  It was only after a few minutes I saw the room show 14/16 before it let me in.

Unfortunately, that was right after I got locked up and had to restart the game.  When I got back to the game, I saw I was still in the 512BB and assumed all my changes to the car had been saved.  It took half a lap at DRC to realize something was wrong.  While I realize most guys can take me on most tracks, I consider DRC my home track and when the whole field walks away from me, something's not right.  I left the room thinking my tires were wrong, and saw in the options menu I was running sports hard and traction still set at 5.  So when I refired the game, it saved my car and oil change, but not the tires being changed nor the traction control. 

As it turns out, it was me that caused the pile up at the start.  I didn't think anything of it because as soon as we started, I got hit from behind so I kept going.  Unfortunately, even with the TCS on, my car pretty much didn't move off the line and I know Cip went into the wall and I heard lots of laughter.  So, my bad on that.  I had no idea I was the problem. 

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »

I noticed when I kept trying to enter the room it showed 15/16, gave me a message I was entering the room, then kicked me out saying it was full.  I'd immediately try the process over and get the same message.  It was only after a few minutes I saw the room show 14/16 before it let me in.

Unfortunately, that was right after I got locked up and had to restart the game.  When I got back to the game, I saw I was still in the 512BB and assumed all my changes to the car had been saved.  It took half a lap at DRC to realize something was wrong.  While I realize most guys can take me on most tracks, I consider DRC my home track and when the whole field walks away from me, something's not right.  I left the room thinking my tires were wrong, and saw in the options menu I was running sports hard and traction still set at 5.  So when I refired the game, it saved my car and oil change, but not the tires being changed nor the traction control. 

As it turns out, it was me that caused the pile up at the start.  I didn't think anything of it because as soon as we started, I got hit from behind so I kept going.  Unfortunately, even with the TCS on, my car pretty much didn't move off the line and I know Cip went into the wall and I heard lots of laughter.  So, my bad on that.  I had no idea I was the problem. 

always the trouble maker. i so wanted to participate last night, but life got in the way. looks like t was a real good turn out though. hopefully next time i'll get to make it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »

My ISP recently increased my speed. I was 15/1 that would speed test to about 15/.8, now It seems to be 20/2 and speed tests to about 17/1.8. That increase in upload speed seems to really help this game as I had no issues last night. 

I had a great time last night, I only wish I could keep rear tires on this thing @ HSR.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »

My ISP recently increased my speed. I was 15/1 that would speed test to about 15/.8, now It seems to be 20/2 and speed tests to about 17/1.8. That increase in upload speed seems to really help this game as I had no issues last night. 

I had a great time last night, I only wish I could keep rear tires on this thing @ HSR.

The rear tires were weird on that car.  Sometimes I could take turns at HRS and other times I couldn't, even at the same speed.  In other turns, there seemed to be a happy speed.  After the bridge, in the little right left section before the tunnel, my car held at 75-78 MPH but spun at 71-74 MPH.  I rarely took that combo well.

Regardless, it was the biggest turnout I can remember since the Prologue days.

ori0n378e

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »

Just wanted to apologize also. I think it was the first Daytona Road race. Dude started on pole position and I got one hell of a start. I was going up the middle of the pack and was in between Dude and someone else and I got a slight tap which made me tap dude. Dude then went into the barrier and all hell broke loose. I was already passed dude by the time he had wrecked and didn't know it even happened, till I watched the replay. Sorry guys...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »

Just wanted to apologize also. I think it was the first Daytona Road race. Dude started on pole position and I got one hell of a start. I was going up the middle of the pack and was in between Dude and someone else and I got a slight tap which made me tap dude. Dude then went into the barrier and all hell broke loose. I was already passed dude by the time he had wrecked and didn't know it even happened, till I watched the replay. Sorry guys...

No problem at all Orion. I did not get bumped hard at all, it was just the barrier where it sticks out got me. I didn't realize a car could rotate like that in mid air.    I too had to see a replay to figure out what the hell happened. We did have 4 wide going into turn 1 for a brief period though. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up