• April 29, 2024, 11:35:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restrictor plate racing  (Read 3177 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Re: Restrictor plate racing
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »

(I actually truly FUCKING hate being up front at the start - or in the middle for that matter - I'd rather be in the back so I don't screw up others' Turn 1s) 
:stoopid:
Unless it's a track I know super well and expect to have a chance at coming in firsts, I too prefer to start in the back.  I can learn/practice the track all I want when I'm alone, but I much rather work on my passing/white knuckle strategies when online!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Restrictor plate racing
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »

Well if any one remembers my days hosting Sitting Duck back in the GT5P days they should know that I luvs me some pack racing.

I have not read every comment but I figure I could add a tad bit of extra info for you Ronin, I can't remember if you were around or not but last February I ran a Daytona 500 race under the sitting duck banner.  It just so happened PD gave us the engine restrictor about 3 days before my race.  In what little testing I could get in, I found that setting the limiter to 61% on a properly broke in Cup car was pretty much spot on to match that years Daytona 500 qualifying times. Although race laps were a little bit higher.

As far as the racing goes I believe we started with a field of 10 and despite the overpowered draft, the cars behaved much like the real thing.  We were all in a pack but we could also pair up and bump draft. Despite some connection issues the racing was great for those that stuck it out for the full race.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up