• March 28, 2024, 03:20:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Undy 500  (Read 4775 times)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Re: 2012 Undy 500
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »

Sorry, I was not able to make the race. With everything I have been through in the last week my schedule is all sorts of messed up. I question if I even had the strength to make the distance, it was prolly for the best.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »

Hope things are getting better for Ronin. Poor attendence kept you from missing much. Early on Allstar had to drop out with engine trouble. Then I had an unresolved issue with my car that the pit crew could not fix and therefore I was not allowed a pitstop after lap 123. Charlie had gearbox trouble somwhere around 140. Nosoks, Fried and dlrws6 went on to have a great battle. The yellows made for interesting addee realism.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 07:44:14 PM »

Yes, thanks baked for putting on the evnet and great job nosoks and every one else. Regardless of the low attendance it was a lot of fun. I would have stuck around a little after the race but I was discoed as soon as the race ended and the game would not allow me back into the room.  ???

Was any one able to get the replay of the race?

Brindle

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 05:11:42 AM »

Everyone who was left in the race got disco'd and nobody could get the replay when we went back in.  No one even got paid!!!!  :'(  I needed the money too.

Great race, long as hell, but more fun than you could imagine.  Those single and multi-car cautions really mixed things up.  If you were in the right spot, you could pit and catch the field under a single car caution.  It was close, as one time I never had to slow wile trying to catch up and ended up blowing by them in T1.

Thanks much Baked!  Even with the troubles we had, I'm still game for the July and August race.  :)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 05:33:19 AM »

I need to read more, didn't realize this was going on yesterday.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 10:34:56 AM »

I need to read more, didn't realize this was going on yesterday.
:stoopid: I dont check in here a whole lot. Is a simple text out of the question? I was looking forward to this :'(

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »

Ballistic /Helio Castroneves
Even had a driver ready :'(

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »

OK here it is my life is still up in the air. But with everything we have learned recently I want/need to stay involved.

Cautions to put simply if more than one car is involved when a yellow is called everyone races back to the start line and then does three yellow laps at 100MPH? If just one car calls caution we race back to the line and run just ONE yellow flag lap at 100MPH?

Also other than that most details short of what time are in orignal post

Also time wise personally wouls think a start at 1 or 2 eastern would work

Also also also who said bump day? There may only be 33 car available unless the Tunas care to put together a little sponsorship package for a relatively unknown driver from SW Ohio :-)

Dammit! I really need to stay on top of things better. My loss.  Sorry I missed it guys. My car was ready and I was ready to cause the first yellow :laugh

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »

It was a very, very goos time and I can't wait for next year's!!!

(I kinda think Gary was there FUCKING with us...  It was a very EMUsing evnet...)

Allstar had engine issues and began loosing power (duh, the 3-in-1 oil they use in GT Auto), hit the wall, and decided to bail.  This kinda had an adverse affect on me as I had slowed down to help pull him back to the pits.  I found myself down 3 laps.   So I pitted and took a real break...

Baked was talking about how bad he had to use the bathroom and needed to pit to do so. So the game refused to let him pit after about lap 100.  I was not going to take the chance...  Lack of tires and fuel finally cause Baked to park his Tunaco FGT between turns 1 and 2.

On lap 135 I saw a chance to get a lap back when a three-lap caution was called behind me as I headed down the stretch to the starting line.  Ironically, at almost that exact time, I got froze on the track just ahead of where Baked was parked.  Frozen in 7rd gear at 10K rpm and 202mph) and couldn't un-freeze; even the PS button was a wash.  I had to crash my PS3.  I took a break during re-login and waited as the PS3 checked the disk for errors - because "I" hadn't shut it down properly...   >:(

I came back at lap 168 (and I was glad I had gotten booted because I got to watch first hand the best part of the race).  

I come back to find nosoks out ahead of Fried by about 2 football fields.  Daniel (dlrws6) was back about a half a lap.   Over the next few laps I watched Fried as he slowly chipped away at the gap between him and soks (Fried didn't think he had time, But I had done the math and knew he would catch the draft in plenty of time)...

Fried caught up and then he and soks played "No, I'll lead down this straight..." for the next several laps.  

I could hear Daniel's quacking getting louder but unless some miracle happened he as going to need a few more laps than were left in the race to catch the leaders.  

Then at lap 191 a miracle happened in the form of a one lap caution.  

This gave Daniel the time to catch up with the pack again.  From lap 193 to the end they seemed to take turns leading, in retrospect I think it was Daniel and Fried taking tuens - with nosoks just watching, waiting and plotting for the right time to show his bare-footed racing prowess.  

Lap 200 starts and it is on like Donkey Kong.  As they exited the final turn and sprinted down the back straight three wide it was a beautiful site to behold...  

It was a photo finish!!!  

The race had taken 2hrs 40mins and some seconds to run.  Nosoks has won and there was a .092 second gap between 1rd and 3st.  Fried was in the middle of the sandwich at .056 down.

It was AWESOME!!!!!!   The last sequence of photos would have been spectacular!

And then boom-chacka-lacka; all racers were BOOTED...  

Sniper (who also watched the finish) and I were the only two remaining.  I looked to see if I could grab the replay (I could see the results) but since I had been disco'd earlier it wasn't an option.  As folks returned to the room they checked but no one was about to grab the replay.  Bummer...

Kinda like Gary was saying "Ah, that was real good.  But now do it again 'cause I want to see the pics..."    :D

I personally can't wait until next year...  Maybe we can come up with a reason for another long FGT race at Indy before next May...   That was really goos fub!!!!  Thanks, Baked!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:23:45 PM by CharlieTuna »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 10:26:54 AM »

DAMMIT...I should have raced.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »

I'm all for another shot at this. My wife has promised me that next time I have it booked she can't invite anyone over that day. Unless of course she wants to entertain by herself.

To be honest it was a long weekend up here and entertaining is a big part of that as I'm sure you guys could attest. Imagine trying to run this yesterday knowing you had today off.

Oh well like I said I'm good for a remake.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 10:45:51 AM »

I'm all for another shot at this. My wife has promised me that next time I have it booked she can't invite anyone over that day. Unless of course she wants to entertain by herself.

To be honest it was a long weekend up here and entertaining is a big part of that as I'm sure you guys could attest. Imagine trying to run this yesterday knowing you had today off.

Oh well like I said I'm good for a remake.

I would not complain as long as it's not early afternoon on a Sunday (I am at work until 2).

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »

Nosoks and Sato 18 pts
Fried and Bourdais 22 pts
dlwrs and Holdebrand 17 pts
Charlie and Simona 36 pts
Baked and Rahal 18 pts.

Congrats to dlwrs your prize will be shipped out as Kaz would say "soon" :-)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 08:01:36 PM »

:huh  We doin' a 2013?!

Gettin' mighty close.  Just sayin'...

:bounce  Go Danica!!!   (She's the driver I picture most in Undies... :yum )

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »

I wish I had the motivation to play GT5...

Also this just happened...

2013 Firestone Indy Lights Close Finish! Freedom 100 4 Wide Finish
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up