SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 07:46:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70614 times)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
GT Academy
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »

It looks like Canada is shafted again on getting there own GT Academy. It sure is a shame, because i know there are a lot of very fast Canadians! Very bad deal for the Canadians! Just my .02 worth.

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »

Argh!!!   >:(

Oh well, I might just have to see if I can even get on the leaderboard...... Prize or not!

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »

Zee, if they don't allow Canadian's to register I think you can make an entirely different profile, but when you do say you are from America. It'll at least get you on the board to compete. I made a British profile a while back to download something only the European's got that we didn't. 

When we were at the Finals last time there was a lot of discussion about Canada being in the next season, they wouldn't confirm anything then and I don't know that the verdict will be. The reason Canada wasn't in the 2011 season had to do something with Sony Canada or Nissan Canada, or something. It made sense at the time, but then again we were partially drunk at the bar with some Nissan exec's, so I can't recall exactly.   :-\

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »

There are different laws covering each province or state, which is why contests are limited in each country. There are also long commitments to cover and SONY Canada has to budget for all contests, not just the Academy.

So as I said elsewhere, they are still working on it. That was confirmed today.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »

It may be looking good. I know Australia isn't going to participate and there is no mention of GT Academy on the Aussie Gran-Turismo website. Alternatively both the US and Canadian sites have links to the GT Academy news story....unless the Canadian site just links to the US site?

I hope Canadians are allowed this time.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »

The GT site we get is the US site.

It would be neat to see Canada included. I know there are some very fast guys up here. I can't get seriously involved for various reasons, but it would be nice to see where we are on the early leaderboards, without having to pretend to be American.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »

I just saw the notice on the GT Home Page on the game... one of the pictures posted is of London! I am now excited. Here's to hoping that whatever we have to run at that track is unwieldy and on shitty tires!

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 03:55:07 PM »

I just saw the notice on the GT Home Page on the game... one of the pictures posted is of London! I am now excited. Here's to hoping that whatever we have to run at that track is unwieldy and on shitty tires!

49 Beetle on sports hards?

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »

Yeah, that qualifies, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Z06 on Comfort Softs or worse.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »

Yeah, that qualifies, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Z06 on Comfort Softs or worse.

Perhaps a Minolta Toyota with 1034 HP on comfort softs?  And while we're at it, why not run it at Autumn ring mini or the Kart Track II?   :o

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »

They need to let us know soon if Canadians are allowed in. I need to figure out my excuse for not winning.

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 10:24:38 PM »

:stoopid:

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 08:25:22 AM »

If you folks from the Nort' aren't allowed in, just do what I did last year--invest yourself and live vicariously through someone else who is in.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »

If you folks from the Nort' aren't allowed in, just do what I did last year--invest yourself and live vicariously through someone else who is in.

:stoopid:

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »

The Canadian office wants in and I've made it clear to them that we want in (even though they already knew that), so I am sure they will do whatever they can for us. Once they commit to one year's budget, it will be difficult for them to drop out in further Academies because it would not look good on them.

It would be a good gesture to thank them if they do come through for us, too, because I am sure it won't have been an easy decision for them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   Go Up