• April 25, 2024, 05:42:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70772 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 10:55:21 PM »

They will explain later how to collect your prize cars:

"Receive Great Prizes by Clearing Events!

If you clear all 5 events within a round in Gold, you will receive a car that you can use within the ‘Gran Turismo 5’ game. If you clear all rounds in Bronze or better, you’ll also receive a special racing wear set that can be worn by your avatar in “Gran Turismo 5”. The timing for the distribution and how to receive these prizes will be notified at a later date on this page."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »

I soooo dig our little pond and the group that tends to school up here but Sony has me at my limits this is why o was looking elsewhere not because i want to but I cannot keep dealing with this crap without getting angry which is not what i was looking for in my hobby.

I did try to convince everyone to bide their time and to wait for the rush to be over, back at post #25.

The contest runs over 53 days, so there isn't really a lot of rush. ;)

After I sent in an idea from another fan, the Canadian office will now consider other ideas for the fans here, so keep tuned to see if anything real develops. Then just listen to all of the Americans wonder why they can't partake in our contest, too. :D

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 05:44:46 AM »

The damn thing is 3 GB in size....I'm downloading it now....it's  at 4% with another 69 minutes to completion. :'(  Maybe I'll get to see it by Midnight,

I started the download this morning....................... it said 437 minutes left.............. I waited 1/2 hour and it got to 3% at which point I said fuck it I'll wait till I get back to Canada so I can't compete
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »

I had to laugh when I looked at the GT Academy results /  info page for each round and the global stats that cycle at the top of the page (here's the link to Round 1).

I couldn't be bothered to count but I find myself wondering how many American / Canadian players are in the top 250, yes I know it's basically just a glorified time trial / license test advertising event before the proper rounds but it does amuse me to see all the world flags up there :).

Also take a look at the stats ticker thing there: Number of players, number of player gold trophies, total player mileage, total player retries.

The "Total Mileage" is the one that caught my eye, we're at a bit over 1,965,000km and counting at time of post.  Wait a second, the total mileage is in kilometers.. doesn't that make it a "total kilometerage"?  Ok so it should really have been "Total Player Distance Driven" or something equally ambiguous, but again I find myself chuckling that the the total mileage is in kilometers :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:45 AM »

I downloaded/installed it last night. I'll take a Sunday drive around the track tonight.

One question. What's the invite friends thing about? 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 09:09:28 AM »

I assume it's just a way to invite people on your friends list that may not know about it.

Also, to go along with what Feldynn said, I really don't understand why I can't look at regional leaderboards.  I mean, isn't that kind of the whole FUCKING point?  I couldn't care less where I rank compared to some guy in Slovakia.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »

I assume it's just a way to invite people on your friends list that may not know about it.

Also, to go along with what Feldynn said, I really don't understand why I can't look at regional leaderboards.  I mean, isn't that kind of the whole FUCKING point?  I couldn't care less where I rank compared to some guy in Slovakia.

I believe you can filter it. I got to a screen with a bunch of flags on it that I assume I could chose just one instead of default all.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »

I'll have to look again when I get home.  I saw a drop down menu that was labeled "Region" which I assume is what I'm looking for but it was blacked out and I couldn't click on it.

Also, best name I've seen so far on leaderboards...   Cliotoris  

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »

i'll always wonder why the HELL Gt always thinks its a good idea to put opponent cars in on time trials... >:(

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »

:stoopid: I agree with Metal!! Especially on a narrow part of the Ring! Anyway it seemed narrow to me when I was trying to pass.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »

i'll always wonder why the HELL Gt always thinks its a good idea to put opponent cars in on time trials... >:(

I actually like those, and were the only ones I ran more than once.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 10:37:15 AM »

I see Hey on the leader boards. WTG Hey!  :)

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2012/event/round1/

Also, also, STVM_InfiniTuna. Very nice sir.  :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:41:00 AM by DudeTuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 03:36:18 PM »

As expected there are a few flaws with the Disqualification system in the GT Academy demo, I've noticed 2 so far though one may just be a pet peeve on my part:

1 - On the Tokyo track (Round 2-2 I think) you can take the car up onto the curb plateau, beyond the rumble strip edge, and have all 4 wheels technically off the track.  Granted it's a city track but if you put all 4 wheels beyond the rumble strip on say Round 2-5 at the Nurburgring it's an "off track" DQ, while this might just be a pet peeve of mine I think it should be treated in the same way at every track.

2 - The disqualification penalty for "hitting a car" is woefully inconsistent, it was most noticeable for me in Round 2-5 (Nurburgring).  Sometimes I could literally use the other cars as cornering aids, sideswiping them with a fair degree of force and receiving no penalty at all, yet other times I can just barely graze them with the lightest of contact (that doesn't register any controller vibration or altering the trajectory of my car) during a passing move and suddenly I'm disqualified.

I wonder what others will surface as the competition continues :)

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 04:03:20 PM »

As expected there are a few flaws with the Disqualification system in the GT Academy demo, I've noticed 2 so far though one may just be a pet peeve on my part:

1 - On the Tokyo track (Round 2-2 I think) you can take the car up onto the curb plateau, beyond the rumble strip edge, and have all 4 wheels technically off the track.  Granted it's a city track but if you put all 4 wheels beyond the rumble strip on say Round 2-5 at the Nurburgring it's an "off track" DQ, while this might just be a pet peeve of mine I think it should be treated in the same way at every track.

2 - The disqualification penalty for "hitting a car" is woefully inconsistent, it was most noticeable for me in Round 2-5 (Nurburgring).  Sometimes I could literally use the other cars as cornering aids, sideswiping them with a fair degree of force and receiving no penalty at all, yet other times I can just barely graze them with the lightest of contact (that doesn't register any controller vibration or altering the trajectory of my car) during a passing move and suddenly I'm disqualified.

I wonder what others will surface as the competition continues :)

While I disagree with #1 (on a street course you should be able to run to the walls) #2 is spot on. I was getting quite annoyed because the cars were always right where you needed to be (like seriously blocking)... so I would end up smacking into the side of both cars. AND I am pretty sure I had all 4 wheels in the grass passing the red car. Nothing. Next run, I rubbed the left front of the yellow one and was promptly arrested.

On a different note... how does this work? When does it start to "count."? Are they eliminating people based on these times? Or do they just let everyone go till the end and randomly pick people? I can't imagine whatever you do on these license tests matter as long as you complete them. If they did, I'd like to think that they'd show an accurate leaderboard instead of a global one. But then I realize who we're dealing with. ???

And Feldynn... I noticed I tied you on one of them... :old

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »

Rounds 7 and 8 will probably be a full lap somewhere and that is when the quickest will advance.

At least that's how I think it will be Stepper.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58   Go Up