SupaTunaGT

• April 23, 2024, 06:42:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70754 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 09:21:42 AM »

I had to laugh when I looked at the GT Academy results /  info page for each round and the global stats that cycle at the top of the page (here's the link to Round 1).

I couldn't be bothered to count but I find myself wondering how many American / Canadian players are in the top 250, yes I know it's basically just a glorified time trial / license test advertising event before the proper rounds but it does amuse me to see all the world flags up there :).

Also take a look at the stats ticker thing there: Number of players, number of player gold trophies, total player mileage, total player retries.

The "Total Mileage" is the one that caught my eye, we're at a bit over 1,965,000km and counting at time of post.  Wait a second, the total mileage is in kilometers.. doesn't that make it a "total kilometerage"?  Ok so it should really have been "Total Player Distance Driven" or something equally ambiguous, but again I find myself chuckling that the the total mileage is in kilometers :).

I noticed last night it is miles in mileage now. 

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2012, 10:42:58 AM »

What a piece of shit that Leaf is. 

I guess having 3/4 of the car mowing the grass is LEGAL for this competition.  WTF

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:07 AM »

What a piece of shit that Leaf is. 

I guess having 3/4 of the car mowing the grass is LEGAL for this competition.  WTF

Yes to both comments.  I saw a Leaf in real life the other day...ugliest fucking thing I've ever seen. 

And I can't believe they allow laps to be considered as long as a piece of the rubber is touching white.  I have the craziest feeling they're going to fuck this up like last time. 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2012, 10:56:01 AM »

Their rulings about what is clean running are incredibly shitty. But even with shitty rulings as long as they are applied evenly I will work with it. In the end its their contest I am wanting to participate in so I am left with little choice.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »

:stoopid:
Yes, agreed.....It reminds me of what a friend said to me about the Lottery: "You gotta Play to Win"...

To which I replied, "You gotta Pay to Play".   :D

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »

This somewhat points out what GT is (some who've experimented with PC racing know)...a wannabe sim racing game (Maybe the best on a console, but still lacking). Sure, there are similarities between it and real driving, but certain things not so much. How fast can a real car go around a corner with two tires in the grass? I personally don't know...it's not an experiment I've not tried.

The game is loads of fun on track with good drivers - I love it, but as a fully proper sim...it falls short. That's not to say it's an arcade game either. I think there's a huge gap between it and crappy arcade like games.

Now sorry to say this, but rules is rules. Lots of people say 'two wheels on the track, it's OK'. They're just following a set of rules. If they apply consistently, that's fine, whatever. (The car-on-car contact issue is another story, I hear)

The Optimist says...maybe these six rounds before rounds 7 and 8 (or however it's set up) are really just there to (1) familiarize people with the setup and (2) test for things they missed making the Academy Demo. This way, they don't have to postpone the event or erase any results, because the first 6 rounds don't count toward anything. One can hope.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2012, 11:58:16 AM »

Bronzes are going to be harder to get as the contest goes on right?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2012, 12:16:50 PM »

I've been wondering about this as well.  Truth be told, I'm actually still not convinced that you even need bronzes right now to progress. 

My other thought was perhaps we'll need to get silvers to move on in the next few rounds, then golds after that.

I just wish they'd give out a little more info as to what the :fuck is going on.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »

I'm not fast enough or have the desire to "go all the way" in this, so my main objective is just to stay in the top 10 of my friends list. 
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »

I'm not fast enough or have the desire to "go all the way" in this, so my main objective is just to stay in the top 10 of my friends list. 

My friends keep trying to knock me out of the top ten. Some friends.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »

The guys who made it last time aren't eligible to go again so if I see their names above me on the friend rankings thing, I just pretend they aren't there. 

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2012, 12:59:04 PM »

I'll just be running for any free stuff they kick out. I'm not naive enough to believe i'm the next GT Academy winner.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »

ForTUNAtely, you're GoesTuna11. 

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »

I'll just be running for any free stuff they kick out. I'm not naive enough to believe i'm the next GT Academy winner.

I'm pulling for Hey.  I want him to cross the pond.  When he gets back, I'm having a shirt made for me that says, "My friends Spec and Hey went to Silverstone and all I got was this stupid t-shirt."

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2012, 01:55:29 PM »

I've been wondering about this as well.  Truth be told, I'm actually still not convinced that you even need bronzes right now to progress. 

My other thought was perhaps we'll need to get silvers to move on in the next few rounds, then golds after that.

I just wish they'd give out a little more info as to what the FUCK is going on.

From what can be observed, all you need is that message about progressing to the next round to pop up when you return to the main menu.  Comes up after you complete the round, not sure what trophy colors are needed though.  So I would assume someone cannot just jump into round 3 or 4 without the minimum requirements.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58   Go Up