SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 05:03:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• UCan's In A TuTu: May 22, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TuTu May 22 2012 - UCan's In A TuTu  (Read 1088 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
TuTu May 22 2012 - UCan's In A TuTu
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »

UCan was one of the first people I raced with regularly online. I remember seeing many posts from GolfPro over at PSN and then this UCanTuna started posting. It wasn't apparent right away that they were connected, but I couldn't help but be amused when I found out that there was this group out there where everyone had a secret, fishy, and funnier alter-ego (I'm not sure if you're all aware of this, but I remember seeing some of you post elsewhere as your original ID. You are in fact funnier when you're a fish). It still bewilders me that I was able to come across this group that seemed so familiar. Gary was a big part of that. Without his personality on PSN and during races, who knows if I'd still be playing this game.

He was also the first person that I really noticed how much care he put into racing online. Many people have spoken of how he'd drop to the back to give the last place guy someone to race with. I've always wished I could do that, but I rarely if ever do.

UCan was a regular at TuTu for quite a while and back in GT5P days, he would always fire up the text chat room and for a while it was always called "UCan's in a TuTu." I always thought it was hilarious... especially when I had to explain it to someone walking by the TV when I had it up. There were some great, absurd conversations that went on in those rooms when he was at the helm. One in particular involved "Geaux" being the new "Hawt." Don't know why that stuck with me for two years, but it has.

One of the last times I raced with UCan was at Neptune's TuTu Bracket Racing night, which was a lot of fun. Nep had somebody come into the room with him and randomly pair up drivers. I got paired with UCan in the first round and when Nep announced it, Gary just said something like "awww crap." It was the biggest compliment I've ever received in racing. A guy who was much quicker than I when I started and taught me so much about racing respect (and chided me when I deserved it) now respected me in return.

I finished second that night to Rylvir and was awarded the second-place prize, a modded S2000 from Neptune. I couldn't help but announce over the voice chat that I was going to receive "some shitty S2000." The lightning quick (and seemingly terse) response from UCan was "hey hey hey!" And then that hearty, welcoming laugh to make sure everyone knew everything was okay. I will miss you UCan.

I decided not to change last week's TuTu last minute to honor UCan (as I feared it would've thrown everyone off and we would've ended up with a crowd even smaller than small) - so I put it off to this week. Unfortunately, the Drive-In ended up being what I was going to do... so I thought I'd switch it up a little. This week's TuTu will be a bit Prologue-y:

Car: Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo

Setup: Stock. Oil change allowed. Wheels and paint encouraged.

Power: 631hp
Weight: 1120kg
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Racing Soft
Where: Daytuna Super Speedway
When: :00-:29 (not start times, just when we'll be there)

AND

Car: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04

Setup: Stock. Oil change allowed. Wheels and paint encouraged.

Power: 226hp
Weight: 1180kg
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Racing Hard
Where: Suzuka East
When: :30-:59

If you need a TuTuTuna friend request, please try and send it BEFORE 8PM on Tuesday.

:uc
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:28:07 PM by TheHotstepper »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: TuTu May 22 2012 - UCan's In A TuTu
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »

Great racing last night in both cars. I stayed way later then I had planned. This was the kind of racing we've been loving since prologue. There isn't a better group to share the track with. Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far. Thank you Gary for planting the seed and helping us grow.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »

Had fun on the two races I was in at Suzuka, nice close racing there! The Wife wanted to go see Dark Shadows(which sucked) so I did get to race at Daytuna. Probably also had some close racing with the S2000's, wish i could have been there! Anyways had fun at the two races i did make!!!!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »

Great racing last night in both cars. I stayed way later then I had planned. This was the kind of racing we've been loving since prologue. There isn't a better group to share the track with. Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far. Thank you Gary for planting the seed and helping us grow.

:stoopid:

That was some fun stuff for sure. Sucks that a storm rolled in and I had to leave, but I would've gotten booted by the brief power outage anyway.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up