SupaTunaGT

• April 30, 2024, 04:40:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74643 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS General Discussion
« Reply #945 on: June 18, 2015, 08:48:22 AM »

Has PCars been handing out money to beta testers yet?  Someone on iRacing is claiming to have made a lot of money.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #946 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:24 AM »

Has PCars been handing out money to beta testers yet?  Someone on iRacing is claiming to have made a lot of money.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #947 on: June 23, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #948 on: June 23, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »

BTW, I have found it much easier to dial-in the FFB since the 1.4 patch was introduced.

If anyone is having trouble, please post about it and I'll see if I can help!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #949 on: June 23, 2015, 01:59:31 PM »

I haven't played this game in 2-3 weeks. It was just so repetitive, and boring. No chance of them getting money from me for PC2.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #950 on: June 23, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »

Not sure what that's supposed to mean.  To answer my own question, they are expecting to start paying out at 3 months past release.  They estimated a 296% return on 1.5 million sales and they have already hit over 1 million.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #951 on: June 23, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »

Not sure what that's supposed to mean.  To answer my own question, they are expecting to start paying out at 3 months past release.  They estimated a 296% return on 1.5 million sales and they have already hit over 1 million.

Jokingly in reference to payments. "I want to believe"

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #952 on: June 24, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »

Well way to early for me to begin thinking about Project Cars 2.  I'm enjoying the game, but its slow going.  I admit is mostly due to the fact that I'm running all the races at !00% distance and difficulty.  So it requires me to commit more time to play it compared to GT.  Still, at this point the only negative I have so far is how I have to use the controller.  I really want analog buttons back.  :'(

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #953 on: June 24, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »

In the pCARS2 FAQ, they point out that they aren't really releasing it soon, it's just that they are ready to begin the next production cycle, and looking for public funding again like last time.  Keeping true to their past patterns... not that you have said as much, but it is important for people to understand that this does not mean they are jumping right into the new game and abandoning support for pCARS1.

Think of this as a similar pattern to how we hear that one GT has begun some production even before the previous one is released.  That alone doesn't signify that a company is quickly moving to take more of your money, but that it really does take several years to produce games like these, and they need to get started as soon as they can.  SMS did, at least, wait until v1.4 was patched to even begin production on "2".  That shows their dedication to making things right before they move to the next thing.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #954 on: June 25, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »

Patch 2.0 notes

Pretty impressive.  Though, I must say, that about 50% of Ian Bell's posts (Studio Lead) make me want to stop playing the game and supporting what they are doing.  He's very dismissive, sarcastic, and unwelcoming.  Yes, there are a lot of whiny brats who play racing games.  We are typically act too entitled and far too demanding with studio expectations. Sometimes, people really do deserve harsh responses to their complaints.   But damn, I now know why Kaz doesn't directly post on the PS forum, for instance.  It's just not a good idea for a studio lead to tell you what he thinks of your comments.  It's only going to alienate your fans even more, when they might already be frustrated with some action or inaction on your part.

I was going to post something back to him, but figured I'd get banned and will not be able to post questions to try and figure out his needlessly complex game...

SMS are all hands-on with their community approach, which seemed like a good idea.  But now, we are seeing the ugly side of that coin.  Careful what you wish for ???  me thinks so.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #955 on: June 25, 2015, 10:04:48 AM »

No mention of toning down the steering for controller users, that's as twitchy as a crackhead, that just won the lottery.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #956 on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »

wow... Ian Bell just gets more and more childish with each passing day.

I'll say it again, game developers should not communicate directly with a forum full of their fans.  Communication is a two-edged s-word :D

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33642-Ian-Bell-you-can-t-be-this-immature

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #957 on: July 02, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »

wow... Ian Bell just gets more and more childish with each passing day.

I'll say it again, game developers should not communicate directly with a forum full of their fans.  Communication is a two-edged s-word :D

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33642-Ian-Bell-you-can-t-be-this-immature

Wow that is just awesome, and extremely professional... and I'm being sarcastic.  :P.  I never go over there. I try and just stick to one or two forums that are remotely civil, with people that share common interests and/or attitudes.

I've seen good community/developer communication over the years, though.  Boss Game Studios back in the late 90s was probably my best personal experience.  You could hop on their forum and game physics, programming, even car design and they'd pretty much share anything they could without violating trade secretes or corporate agreements.  It was sad when they went under.  They focused their development on racing games with the intent of beating PD at their own game.  Given their past games they might could have done it to if things had not gone south.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #958 on: July 02, 2015, 05:03:50 PM »

I get the impression that all the mods are encouraged to act like that.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #959 on: July 02, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »

I get the impression that all the mods are encouraged to act like that.

Ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban.

Okay all moderation done. Also, no one left to mod so job done. 
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68   Go Up