SupaTunaGT

• April 30, 2024, 08:43:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74647 times)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: Project CARS General Discussion
« Reply #975 on: December 01, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »

What about the PS4 version?
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #976 on: December 02, 2015, 08:01:26 AM »

What would you like to know?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #977 on: December 02, 2015, 08:32:27 AM »

FYI... I went back to Bmaniac's universal FFB suggestions and found they are a lot better than last time I tried.  It might have something to do with the note in the thread below, that s tates he accidentally set some things wrong originally.

Pay close attention to the note about "Per wheel movement" being incorrect in the supplied graphic, and needing to reverse the numbers.

Once you do, all you need to do going forward is apply a particular philosphy to how you tune each car's FFB individually.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25046-bManic-s-latest-FFB-experiments-possibly-working-universally-for-all-wheels&highlight=bmaniac+ffb

You'll want to lower the car's FFB (via the master spindle) to a very low number, and rebalance some of the individual forces for each car.  Once you get a handle on what that should be, it's fairly easy to replicate for the other cars you'll drive.  We all have some "go to" settings to change in GT, and this would be no different.

Using these settiings, you do not necessarily need any SOP on the cars' FFB, and can still feel the road and curbs through your hands.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #978 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »

Still looking forward to this game if and when I get a new set of pedals.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #979 on: December 02, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »

Still to date my biggest complaint is the play control.  I like that it has plenty of options to tweak, but the general performance with a PS4 controller is poor.  I've tried several posted configurations at the planet and none of them perform well for me.  regardless of setting all the controls feel very digital. Very on or off, not like past games that have at least an ok analog range for steering.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #980 on: December 02, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »

:stoopid: Controller usage could be better. The career mode gets boring pretty quick too. Seems like you're doing the same thing over and over.

I haven't played it in a long time, and see no reason to fire it back up.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #981 on: December 02, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »

I don't play this for the career so much as just for the driving experience and stunning visuals.  It's just fun to drive.  WIth that said, this career is a lot more involved than AC's...

setting up your own races against AI in both games is probably the best thing, just for passing time and having fun driving.  Otherwise, racing against ppl is where it's at, but I have no people on pCARS :(

Now that I have FFB worked out, and graphics settings I am happy with, I'll be playing it a lot more I think.  I have not tried yet with a controller...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #982 on: December 03, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »

had a bit of luck with the current time trial, which is for the BAC Mono at Road America.  I got a Praiano tune actually, and then finally realized I needed the SS tires to start to get close to the leader times.  Once I did lots of laps beating my ghosts, I found myself here...

... there are fewer people on this board than GT, I assume (though I don't know the count), so this might be like in GT being in the top 100 - 250.

(EDIT: I should add that it says we are all 2:00 down on the leader because the top time is an obvious hack/cheat.  >:( )

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #983 on: December 04, 2015, 07:27:13 AM »

Nice Ex!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #984 on: December 05, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »

Is anyone playing that version? If so, is it worth the $30? Looks like you have to pay for lots of add-ons?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #985 on: December 05, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »

Is anyone playing that version? If so, is it worth the $30? Looks like you have to pay for lots of add-ons?
As far as I know dlr and myself are the only ones with the ps4 version. See comments above.  :)

It's probably worth $30, there was, maybe still some free dlc on psn, but I might be thinking about Drive Club. I haven't touched either game in a long time.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #986 on: December 05, 2015, 09:25:14 PM »

As far as I know dlr and myself are the only ones with the ps4 version. See comments above.  :)

It's probably worth $30, there was, maybe still some free dlc on psn, but I might be thinking about Drive Club. I haven't touched either game in a long time.

Ok, I'll stick with Real Racing 3. Loving it!

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #987 on: December 06, 2015, 04:26:46 PM »

Ok, I'll stick with Real Racing 3. Loving it!

It may be worth it if you have a compatible wheel.  Its got paid dlc and free dlc.  Just be prepared to spend a lot of time setting the game up to feel right.

I may end up giving it a second/third shot.  As of a week ago my PS3 refuses to play GT6.  So I think its time to just move on completely to the PS4 and box up the PS3.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #988 on: December 07, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »

bmaniac's FFB settings are pretty good.  That would be my highest suggestion to help you get started in pCARS, as the FFB is the most difficult setup.  If you don't like 100% of his settings, at least it would get you something decent instead of spending dozens (at a min) of hours figuring it our yourself.

I think some of the fact that people don't like this as much is because they find it hard to get the FFB correct.  Now that I have it pretty close to what I'd want, I've found that this game does have some unique physics characteristics which are realistic, that others don't have.  Overall, the FFB and physics in AC feel more realistic and less forgiving (physics doesn't care if you die, IRL).  But, pCARS does have some nuances to their physics that even AC doesn't have.  Feeling the rotation and twist of the cars through the wheels and tires, is how I would describe it.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #989 on: January 17, 2016, 02:26:21 PM »

$15 for this with ps+, couldn't say no
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68   Go Up