SupaTunaGT

• April 26, 2024, 07:45:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: rFactor 2  (Read 23461 times)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: rFactor 2
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »

From rFactor 1.  I thought this was a really coo vidl....

rFactor McLaren M23 onboard superfov

He has a good lean going. 
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 12:25:22 PM »

I picked this up last night.  My first impressions were How do I get this stupid game to work?

The update/install system sounds easy but when something goes wrong, it doesn't really tell you why.  You download the game and the tracks/cars separately. But it's not as easy as a single download for each track or car.  Some tracks and cars are lumped together.  Some packages rely on other packages.  I installed the game and downloaded some packages.  Nothing would work.  Turns out that the installer link on the purchase page was outdated so I downloaded the update and put it in the correct folder.  But it wouldn't install.  Had to install the full installer for the new build rather than the update and reinstall.  Finally I got it to work.  Took out one of the classic F1 cars to classic Monaco.

Do the brakes for this car come in a different package? Or are my brakes not working in the sim?  I download some more packages and run the skippy at limerock.  Spin out around turn one.  Talk about lift-off oversteer.  Next time around the rear end starts coming out again but I resist the urge to lift-off more and put the pedal down.  The rear end settles and off I go.  Next, I take the corvette out to the old classic Spa track.  That's a pretty cool track and the corvette feels great.

My overall first impression is that the physics are great.  The atmosphere for some reason is better than iRacing and pcars.  Graphics aren't as fancy as pcars but work much better on my system so the game ends up looking better and runs much smoother.  Triple screen support needs some work, it's not up to par with iracing yet.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »

Here's a good place for tracks...  http://trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR2/

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »

Really good HUD & track map plugin - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6156-Released-TrackMap-0-91beta-for-rFactor2

Make sure to read the pdf manual.

Also, fun car here - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7929-Lola-T280-by-PIXSIM-WIP  (needs certain tracks to be installed, see page 4 of the tracks link in the post above)

Also also, DashMeterPro is working great with rF2 on my 7" Nook

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »

Camaro coming soon? 

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 09:18:20 AM »

Camaro coming soon? 

It looks good for a camaro but on a race track with Porches and Ferrari's and even RX-8s, it looks big and lumbering and out of place.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 07:04:25 PM »

New track "Blackwood" from LFS - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10735-Blackwood-track-conversion

Awesome, a track with rallycross.  Have to try this out.  Cool that the developers of LFS gave them permission to do the track.

edit: Are there any cars suitable to run on a dirt track?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »

edit: Are there any cars suitable to run on a dirt track?

Not that I know of. 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »

I guess I didn't realize that track had dirt.  Looking at this pic, it looks like there's just some dirt on the infield, correct?  If so, it looks like he has it blocked off.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »

I guess I didn't realize that track had dirt.  Looking at this pic, it looks like there's just some dirt on the infield, correct?  If so, it looks like he has it blocked off.

I believe the rallycross track is that short inside portion with the two dirt sections.  He does state that there is grass and gravel in the conversion.  I heard that rFactor2 was going to include dirt.  has he not included it yet?

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 07:51:46 PM »

I don't remember the names for the tracks in LFS so I wasn't sure what track this was until I had a look at the layout.  This is probably the only track that I actually now in LFS.  I used to do time trials on this track.  It'll be fun to try it in rfactor.  That chicane at the beginning of the long stretch is important for a good time.  The curbs there can really unsettle your car (it could flip your car onto it's side in LFS).

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 12:45:34 AM »

They did a pretty good job of the track.  You can do the rallycross version.  I wouldn't recommend it in the gtr with slicks.  with the clio and rain tires it was kind of fun.  Blackwood comes with the demo for lfs so you can try it out for free if you want.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »

So the guys I've been racing with on Saturdays have a pretty kick ass website that outputs race info/results.

I'm not sure if non members can see this page but I'll post it here anyway.   This is from the Megane Trophy car race at Essington Park (38 laps)

http://www.finelineracing.net/rFactor2/index.php?eventid=8

There's a bunch of gray tab buttons in the middle of the chart that will give you different info.  It's pretty damn cool.

I was doing pretty decent until it was pitstop time.  It was my first time pitting in this game so I had no idea what to do and ended up taking fresh tires each time when I didn't need them.  This cost me about 50 seconds.  Plus it adds time to fix any damage you may have too.  And I had minor damage both stops.

Overall though it was really fun and I learned a quite a bit and now know how to pitstop.   I can't complain with a 5th place finish.

This is the group that will be putting on a fun run every Saturday at around 3 eastern.   There's some really fast dudes there. 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »

Fun run tonight.  Practice starts at 9 eastern.  I know that's probably way too early for you but I thought I'd post it anyway.  

It's going to be the Lola @ Melbourne.  Three, 20 minute races.

Server name is -  Monday night rF2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up