SupaTunaGT

• April 28, 2024, 07:25:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh please god no...  (Read 6132 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Oh please god no...
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »

Why is one make racing so offensive?

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »

Why is one make racing so offensive?

It's my favorite kind of racing. Especially without tuning.  8)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2012, 02:14:40 PM »

I think what Ronin meant was one make racing where we all have to use the exact same car with the exact same livery.   

Brindle's "Mazda Roadster Tuna Cup" for example was still a one make race but of a better kind, sure we all used the same Roadster with the same basic spec but we did at least have some control over the look of the car so it didn't look quite so much like a herd of identical cars. 

Similarly the old TuTu Team event we did for a couple of weeks a while back where we had Blue, Red, Yellow and Green teams, still the exact same car but the with at least the colour to show the teams / drivers apart.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »

That is a minor detail in my book. There are enough times in the game where I have been a part of some spectacularly mixed fields where I can accept it( single marque) every now and again. The driving element is more important than how the field looks in a replay.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »

Some of us like some coffee with our cream. PD is putting too much priority on the cream and neglecting the coffee.

Uhmmmmm, Ronin. I live in the same house as you, brother. The only time you touch the cream is to move it if it's in your way. :-\

Well...I guess that might explain why I want the racing simulation element of the game to be cleaned up regardless of how they do it.

Kaz is a race driver, he made this game with the intent to share with the world what he enjoys, Driving and racing at the highest levels. That said, if this was purely a driving simulator we'd be doing 35mph around city streets and not pushing these cars to their limits on the tracks with other people. As a racing simulator it is reaching a point where it's just not making it. How often does any one here sit down and watch a televised race and actually see two or more drivers driving identical race cars?

This last paragraph has illustrated our difference of opinion vividly for me. You feel as though the racing is somehow suffering because of the astethics of the field. For me appearence has no bearing on the potential quality of racing.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »

Some of us like some coffee with our cream. PD is putting too much priority on the cream and neglecting the coffee.

Uhmmmmm, Ronin. I live in the same house as you, brother. The only time you touch the cream is to move it if it's in your way. :-\

Well...I guess that might explain why I want the racing simulation element of the game to be cleaned up regardless of how they do it.

Kaz is a race driver, he made this game with the intent to share with the world what he enjoys, Driving and racing at the highest levels. That said, if this was purely a driving simulator we'd be doing 35mph around city streets and not pushing these cars to their limits on the tracks with other people. As a racing simulator it is reaching a point where it's just not making it. How often does any one here sit down and watch a televised race and actually see two or more drivers driving identical race cars?

This last paragraph has illustrated our difference of opinion vividly for me. You feel as though the racing is somehow suffering because of the astethics of the field. For me appearence has no bearing on the potential quality of racing.

I like to think it's why we're all STILL here. We have a field of great cars, great racers and great friends.
Maybe we can paint over the Warhol and, if not just be thankful it doesn't look like a can of soup
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 11:16:05 AM »

I hate to restate the obvious here, but PD has not actually said that they are adding the Andy Warhol car to GT yet.

All they did was ask a question. Whether it was an innocent question or not is open for debate, as well, but all I see, at this point, is a question.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »

I hate to restate the obvious here, but PD has not actually said that they are adding the Andy Warhol car to GT yet.

All they did was ask a question. Whether it was an innocent question or not is open for debate, as well, but all I see, at this point, is a question.

Shhh!!!   No being obvious, please!!!    :-X

I am having way too much fun reading all this...   :lolz

Who would've believed  the thread has been going on for over a week already...  Didn't anyone read last year's post about Kaz/PD/Sony/SEMA?  We didn't get anything then either - except for innocent questions...   (and lots of good reading...)

^-^

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »

One make racing and/or spec racing that looks like this:

is not good enough either.

I think you see 5 indentical BMW's. While I see five cars in one frame with three of them going 3 wide into a turn which looks like good racing in my eyes.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

One make racing and/or spec racing that looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/GT4%20Pics/SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg
is not good enough either.

I think you see 5 indentical BMW's. While I see five cars in one frame with three of them going 3 wide into a turn which looks like good racing in my eyes.

Yes, I do see five identical BMW's. A little added information, My car is the one in the middle of that three wide situation in the rain at Suzuka. I experienced that race and that very moment and I still maintain my position that it's not good enough.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:42:54 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »

Except the rain...rain sucks.

I have great respect for racers who excel in wet conditions, but I have no use for it.

Slightly back on topic...this thread is one of the reasons GT5 has problems...it tries to please everyone. While many people enjoy it, the majority will suggest it needs improvement.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »

We both agree it is a driving/racing simulator. But in your pic the racing is not suffering. Maybe looks wise a more varied field would be more interesting to see.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »

I realize this I even stated back on page one when I was trying to understand all the negativity about this car that is was just speculation by PD. For my part in this thread I was trying to understand someone's viewpoint who seems to be much different than my own. Maybe share my viewpoint after the discussion was going.  I certainly did not realize it was going to be a big deal to anyone.

R2 the pancake shortstack

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Blackfin Tuna
Re: Oh please no...
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2012, 05:28:30 PM »

I need to be distracted with a little more than speculation and anticipation....wrote by ronin ..this the prob. w/ the hole world ...everbody..wants distracted. wants to bee entertained . we have real probs in the world people and this is not one of them .. please next topic fuck me
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up