SupaTunaGT

• April 26, 2024, 06:23:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COURSE CREATOR TRACKS  (Read 1132 times)

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
COURSE CREATOR TRACKS
« on: June 18, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »

HOW OFTEN DO WE SAMPLE , OR RUN ON TRACKS WE CREATED? craps locks off now! i was wundering cause i found after 3 painfully boring laps at gt academy, that creating courses is far more enjoyable. i made quite a few, and am now wundering what people think of them. some real easy, some real not easy, but i enjoyed them non the less.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: COURSE CREATOR TRACKS
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 03:21:44 PM »

Charlie archives all custom tracks.

I am not a custom track fan, but I don't mind stopping by one once in a while.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

I'm with Dozer.  I don't care much for the created tracks unless it's late at night, I've been drinking, and the rest of the guys are getting slap happy...then it can be entertaining.  Other than that, not so much. 

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »

I like to see what people create.  Some creations are OK, some are downright awful.  I don't care for racing most of them though. 

It's the track creator that sucks most.  Why does making an adjustment to a section of track alter a section miles away from it?  And don't get me started on all the off camber banking.  I gave up on it long ago.

With all that being said, I'd still welcome a night of track creator races and I'd like to see what you have done!

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:52:25 PM »

k, we shall get drunk, slaphappy and drive created tracks then. rick as you know i don't drink so someone will just have to step up and have my share.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »

k, we shall get drunk, slaphappy and drive created tracks then. rick as you know i don't drink so someone will just have to step up and have my share.

Don't worry, I'll just send you my attempt a tuning and it will look like you are drunk.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »

Don't worry, I'll just send you my attempt a tuning and it will look like you are drunk.

I just shared one I created a while back. While I'm not much of a fan of the track creator either, the Toscana Tarmac location is the best IMO, and is where most of my tracks are built.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »

Toscano versions do seem better.  Though with some tweaking, Eiffel track are not "awful" tracks - like some might think.

I have a nice Eiffel shared that I'd like y'all to try and give feedback on. 

(I create a new track about every three months.  And as Dude sais, I periodically raid my Friend's List so I have most, that have been shared, archived already.)

My newest track is called Warbird Raceway.  It is 5.34 miles long but is a very fast track - 2:30s are fairly easy.  The curves are pretty easy going but as you drive it, you'll notice it is very easy to loose/gain time.  The track is also dual-purpose.  While racing it is fun, it is also a pretty decent drift track -- you can almost drift the whole thing. 

I hope you enjoy it, I know I do...

Two caveats...

1) it yaks you hard out of the pits, lift before it ejects you then press accelerator.
2) the very last turn looks easy and fast -  just remember, looks can be deceiving.  :mwahhaha 
It is somewhat like Moteggi in that you need to be slower than you think - diminishing radius... 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 07:55:51 AM »

I'm currently going through this "excersise" of trying to create custom tracks for my kart series.  It's not full of them BTW, but will include at least two.

Mt Asshole - I've named one of them.  I wanted a really tough track for karts, but Mt. Aso as a template is very bumpy and jittery.  The abuse your wrists take is brutal.  I experimented with many settings and i've improved the shakiness, but it's still horrible.

I love the LAYOUT of some of the Mt. Aso tracks, and love the feeling of traveling through the mountains (something that I need for the series), but I may end up axing this course template entirely if I can't find some secret to getting karts not to shake while going around it.

Toscana - I've had more success with this one, as some of you have said.  It stays relatively smooth compared to Mt. Asshole.  Love the scenery too.  You'll even find the occasionally guy taking a dump on the sidelines behind a bush!

Eifel - Best of the three IMO.  It looks like a race track, and can feel like one too if you know what you're doing.  The best "flow" of tracks that I've seen have been at this location.

Either way, all three can be good for something.  Though, I feel they get a bad rap because people carelessly throw numbers at them and then say "see look what I made!".

The ones really good at making these courses should get involved with sharing them.

The_Revengel runs a "Trackshare" account that used to share tracks on a weekly basis.  I think if interest picked up, he'd begin rotating tracks into it again.  His tracks in particular are really good.

here is the thread for that "club" that isn't very active at the moment.

Tracksharing Thread
Pages: [1]   Go Up