SupaTunaGT

• April 28, 2024, 09:30:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oval Championship any one?  (Read 2094 times)

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Oval Championship any one?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »

tested all these cars at motegi on r1's all run average laps of 38.5xx the biggest factor is tire wear all can get 14-17 laps if not ran too aggressively completing a tire run with laps still in the low 40's ran the same setup as daytona other than setting brake pressure to 0/0 which will also help at the rest of courses for pit enterance.

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »

just finished up testing at indy with the same cars all ran times averaging 47.5-48 seconds for 10-12 laps the cuda should have hp dropped to 575-580hp to make up for its tire wear advantage. these times and tire wear can definitly be improved on since i was still running the daytona setup it was more for stock tire wear and an idea of times which met my goal of staying within 1/2 second of each other. i ran all 5 as unbiased and as fast as i could without abusing(sandbagging ain't in my nature).
   With all that said i think the abilty to get in and out of pits without incident will be key to placing well.      also been thinking that sports tires would give more realistic tire wear but 25Liters of fuel takes around 20 seconds 100L well over a minute...a road course thrown in the mix of tracks might also work possibly HSR or DRC they seem to be friendly to 2 and sometimes 3 wide racing.   

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 12:34:51 PM »

I think I finally got most of my ducks in a row.  After trying out several ideas I decided to focus on a set of cars that seem to work well in a group.  The results from my testing lead me to believe this combination should be a ton of fun.  So with a little luck I can get the final details worked out and find a title sponsor and end up with enough people interested in running the series.

The cars I decided on are the late 80s early 90s Group C cars a/k/a prototypes:
Nissan R92CP (716hp)
Nissan R89C (750hp)
Sauber Mercedes C9 (725hp)
Toyota 88CV (719hp)
Mazda 787B (standard, premium and stealth) (677hp)
Jaguar XJR-9 LM (standard and premium) (737hp)
Peugeot 905 (748hp)

All cars must use racing tires and can be fully tuned and modified and all cars must weigh 900kg and must use the above stated HP limits.

The races will each be an approximate distance of 250 miles (about 2 hours long) and will take place at the following tracks.
1. Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
2. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway (167 laps)
3. Route X (12 laps) (No Damage)
4. Indianapolis Motor Speedway (100 laps)

There will be cautions and heave damage except where stated otherwise.

Assuming every thing works out I'd like to run one race a month. It unfortunately would make for a long series, but since the races are fairly long its probably best to spread them out to prevent getting burned out on ovals. Finally if everyone that is involved is intersted in it I would be willing to add 1 road course race into the mix.

If you want to get a general idea of what the racing might be like I recommend using one of the above cars set at 800HP and 900kg with racing hards in arcade mode. Set damage to heavy for extra fun.  ;D

Any ways that's what I've come up with.  If you have any thoughts or see any issues if you test it out. Let me know.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »

I could be interested in this if the scheduling works out.  I'm not a "huge" oval fan but I do like to throw one in the mix every once in a while so a once a month schedule is ideal.

I was actually brainstorming about starting a IMSA GTP race series so this could serve (for my skills) as a bit of a "warm up".  ;D

PSN ID = dawson864

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »

I could be interested in this if the scheduling works out.  I'm not a "huge" oval fan but I do like to throw one in the mix every once in a while so a once a month schedule is ideal.

I was actually brainstorming about starting a IMSA GTP race series so this could serve (for my skills) as a bit of a "warm up".  ;D

I can't express how badly I wanted to turn this into a true simulated Group C Seasion.  I've been watching Group C and GTP races from the late 80's online and GT5 has many of the same tracks (although modernized) they use to run the WEC on. Spa, Nurberger ring, Monza, Le Mans, Fuji, Suzuka. Throw in Daytona road, since some of the teams would come over here for the 24 hour race. Add weather, time change, heavy damage and you've got a pretty accurate representation of what use to be run in the real world. Heck even PD's standard 100 liter fuel tank is true to the original Group C rules.  The only rule I can't comfortably figure out how to replicate is the 2.5 liter per kilometer average fuel consumption rule that was in place. The only thing I personally would want to avoid is the 1000km race distance.

I'm not sure if there would be many people interested through. ???

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »

If you want to set something like that up let me know.  I'd be down like Charlie Brown.  :jimi:

I would be willing to help test for it as well.

PSN ID = dawson864

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »

I'm not sure if there would be many people interested through. ???

Pick me!  Pick me!  (As long as the Ring isn't the only place we go  :P)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »

I could definitely be into this one. I've just been lurking  8) to see what takes shape.

Sounds like fun but if you throw in a road course I vote for Spa.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

Give me one more week and I can give the final go or no go, set some dates and start taking names.  ;D

I've got semi big plans, but I don't want another situation like I had with Sitting Duck where I burned out before I got most of what I wanted to do rolling. It more or less took me a year to recover from that.  :'(

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »

Sorry I missed you Saturday morning. I set my alarm clock for 6am to wake me up, but it went off and I went to bed.  :o

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »

Sorry I missed you Saturday morning. I set my alarm clock for 6am to wake me up, but it went off and I went to bed.  :o

No problem Dude, the session was not very productive anyways.  I some how slowed down by 1 sec.   :-\

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 07:16:16 AM »

I looked in my garage and only have the Minolta that I won somewhere in A spec.

I have looked and it's a level 23 ticket for these cars and I just don't have the cash for this much of an investment.

There are a lot of cars in this ticket and will probably take a long time to find a couple to test so if anyone out there can spare one I would be most grateful.

Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to this and having it spread out will help as well.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »

"Houston we are go for launch"   ^-^

Leaf, you are correct all the cars available are level 23.  I've got a cloning ID called spittor.  I'll send you a friend request this evening and can start sending you tickets.  At least for me they come up pretty often. In fact its how I ended up with a complete set of 0 miles Group C cars.

I'll try and get the full details up tonight.  I figure there will still be a decent sized gap before running the first round, to give every one time to get the necessary cars, practice, tune.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »

Thanks Dlrws,

I will look for the FR tonight.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to this one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up