SupaTunaGT

• April 26, 2024, 05:18:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A suggestion from Spec via Rick.  (Read 8466 times)

Brindle

Re: A suggestion from Spec via Rick.
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 09:33:04 AM »

Someone mentioned going to Brindle's lounge because it was faster.

So much for quiet time in my lounge.   ^-^  I may have to agree with my lounge being quicker.  I have set up a tune for a specific track and note my lap times.  When I visits some one elses lounge, I tend to be almost as much as a second slower.  I can never seem to match my other lounge times again. 

Who knows whats going on... This is PD we're talkin' bout.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 09:44:29 AM »

So much for quiet time in my lounge.   ^-^  I may have to agree with my lounge being quicker.  I have set up a tune for a specific track and note my lap times.  When I visits some one elses lounge, I tend to be almost as much as a second slower.  I can never seem to match my other lounge times again. 

What Lounge settings do you use? If I remember there's Race quality and Voice quality settings. I have what was recommended. I think both of mine are in the middle. I'll check tonight.

I know my tires stay cold a lot longer in my lounge than in others.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »

Hmmm. Never paid much attention to what my times are compared to other lounges. I set the Van up with high quality for both the racing and chat. The Van has standards. 8)

UCanTuna

• Mr. Man
  • The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Say whaaaaat?
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 09:56:11 AM »

The Van has standards. 8)

Even if you don't.

This variance in lap times from one lounge to the next is new to me. I haven't thought to check it. I don't understand how there could be a difference. But then... I don't understand how gravity works either.
Did you just say "Djibouti"?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 10:04:57 AM »

My lounge is pretty damn fast and stickey too, I can run 1:20's and 1:21's in my BTR at Seca but I'm lucky to pull 1:23's and 1:24's just about anywhere else. Innocently there are only a few lounges where I can run that car on sports tires, yours and mine among them. Additionally...there are a few lounges I'm starting to avoid driving that BTR in because the polar opposite holds true where the R3's literally feel and behave like comfort soft.

Those of you who don't drive in the open lounges with me may not realize how much of a statement it is for me, to shy away from that BTR. Suffice it to say, there are already two people who are offering me a new one if they come across one from a prize card just because I drive it so much.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 10:09:05 AM »

My lounge is pretty damn fast and stickey too, I can run 1:20's and 1:21's in my BTR at Seca but I'm lucky to pull 1:23's and 1:24's just about anywhere else. Innocently there are only a few lounges where I can run that car on sports tires, yours and mine among them. Additionally...there are a few lounges I'm starting to avoid driving that BTR in because the polar opposite holds true where the R3's literally feel and behave like comfort soft.

Those of you who don't drive in the open lounges with me may not realize how much of a statement it is for me, to shy away from that BTR. Suffice it to say, there are already two people who are offering me a new one if they come across one from a prize card just because I drive it so much.

Which ones?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »

Which ones?

I avoid my own, because once 6 or7 people get in it, I get booted, and can't get back in.   :'(
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:40 AM »

So much for quiet time in my lounge.   ^-^  I may have to agree with my lounge being quicker.  I have set up a tune for a specific track and note my lap times.  When I visits some one elses lounge, I tend to be almost as much as a second slower.  I can never seem to match my other lounge times again.  

Which ones?

I'm not avoiding the lounge all together, just driving my BTR in them, but to name a few, Mystic's rooms and lounge I'm going to discontinue driving that car after a couple incidents yesterday, That car does not hold the track properly in Rodeo's lounge either, I likely won't be pulling it out there anytime soon....Who's lounge was I in the other night testing the the MX-5 on DRC...all of a sudden now that you ask I can't recollect the name.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:10:07 PM by RoninTuna »

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:22 AM »

I avoid my own, because once 6 or7 people get in it, I get booted, and can't get back in.   :'(

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »

:lmao
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

UCanTuna

• Mr. Man
  • The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Say whaaaaat?
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »

This made me laugh. :)
Did you just say "Djibouti"?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »

Going back and rereading the posts I cought something this time I hadn't before. I like the concept of doing this in teams/groups. Having others in the lobby spectating they can confirm and/or remind/deny cleanlyness of a participant. Additionally it would be easier to log the times using the live timing moniter provided in spactator mode. Another means of negating some potentiel lack of trust is have times for individuals posted by the spectator. Say Brindle and I got together in his lounge and ran at MRLS, the TT time post would go something like this...

Quote from: Brindle
Ronin - Ruf BTR 500PP(S1) - 1:26.845  - Ruf BTR 500PP(R1) - 1:22.992[/IMG]
Quote from: RoninTuna
Brindle - Ruf BTR 500PP(S1) - 1:23.938 Ruf BTR 500PP(R1) - 1:21.384[/IMG]

Thoughts?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 12:55:58 PM »

Going back and rereading the posts I cought something this time I hadn't before. I like the concept of doing this in teams/groups. Having others in the lobby spectating they can confirm and/or remind/deny cleanlyness of a participant. Additionally it would be easier to log the times using the live timing moniter provided in spactator mode. Another means of negating some potentiel lack of trust is have times for individuals posted by the spectator. Say Brindle and I got together in his lounge and ran at MRLS, the TT time post would go something like this...

Thoughts?

Ah good you can be our official spectator and keep us inline.

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 12:57:02 PM »

Thoughts?

The only problem is that (at least for me) when your doing a bit of TT'ing it's usually a whenever moment.  Your out there, nothing better to do, so you go out and do some hot laps.  The way you guys are pointing this, it'll become another organized event, instead of just some time killing.  I really do TT's when the mood strikes and have a little time to burn.   The plus side would be the confirmation of times as that seems to be a pretty big stumbling block, unless we have 100% honesty from 100% of the people involved or at least something approaching the 100% mark.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up