SupaTunaGT

• April 27, 2024, 10:10:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• TuTu - The 420 Shuffle: July 24, 2012
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TuTu July 24 2012 - The Phantom Shuffle  (Read 2065 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: TuTu July 24 2012 - The Phantom Shuffle
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »

I'm not sure the shuffle provides great racing, but it's the most fun type event I can think of.  As someone mentioned last night, the objective usually isn't to win, it's to not come in last. 

In my first race, I got the SL 600 Merc.  I figured it would be a sweet ride, coming from Germany and all.  The first thing I noticed is it simply doesn't turn.  You basically stop, wait for the Earth to rotate and then go again.  Unfortunately, it doesn't stop very well either, so you typically need something like sand, a wall, or another car to actually slow.  Then, when you finally do get it stopped and the Earth rotated so you can turn, it's got a shitty transmission, so it doesn't go very well either.  Theoretical top speed in that must be about 340 because with each shift the engine bogged down.

But that's half the fun, getting a shitty car and watching the clock show you're losing two seconds per split.  The other half is listening to everyone else bitch about the shitty car they're in or listening to them laugh at the shitty car you're in.  Except for Ronin, because his connection always sucks so you can only hear everything 7rd word.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »

Great racing with you guys last night. Sorry for any paint loss due to my shenanigans out there.

I wish PD would give us the option (a checkbox maybe) where it would give everyone the same car. It would shuffle the cars each race, but everyone would be driving the same car on the track. That would take a lot of the pain out of shuffle, imho.

Looking forward to the next event,

Michael

For me that is the part of shuffle racing that is fun, not knowing what car you are getting. It lets us slower guys have a chance to win a race every once in awhile! Really had a blast last night, let's do this more often!

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »

Except for Ronin, because his connection always sucks so you can only hear everything 7rd word.

Which was usually FUCK.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »

That summed it up nicely Rick.

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up