SupaTunaGT

• April 27, 2024, 01:00:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• TuTu Goes Karting: September 11, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TuTu September 11 2012 - You Must be This Tall to Ride  (Read 1158 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
TuTu September 11 2012 - You Must be This Tall to Ride
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »

Posting way early because I'll be out of town for this one. Have fun y'all!

Car: PDI Racing Kart 100 (the original one, not the DLC karts)

Setup: Stock. Oil Change.

Restrictions
Power: Unlimited! (actually it should be near 34hp as you can't tune)
Weight: 85kg
Tires - Racing Hard (or whatever it makes you use, I forget if you can change tires)
Tuning - Prohibited
Lounge: TuTuTuna
Opening Track: Tokyo Bay

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: TuTu September 11 2012 - You Must be This Tall to Ride
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »

sweeeeeeet

note: the 2hp that you gain from break-in is actually a huge deal.

you may want to allow tuning of top speed for different tracks...

never slam the brakes

and...

may I suggest using a strong draft at least for one track and doing an HSR race just to demonstrate how a sprint finish works in my race series?  Basically, if you are out on your own you'll want to work with a drafting partner or else go much slower than those in a group.  Then, at the finish you sprint for it.  It's actually really fun.

(btw, I am getting back to normal life again and trying to get my kart series going again... more news soon.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:36:21 PM by Ex-Xboxfan »

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »

sweeeeeeet

note: the 2hp that you gain from break-in is actually a huge deal.

you may want to allow tuning of top speed for different tracks...

never slam the brakes

and...

may I suggest using a strong draft at least for one track and doing an HSR race just to demonstrate how a sprint finish works in my race series?  Basically, if you are out on your own you'll want to work with a drafting partner or else go much slower than those in a group.  Then, at the finish you sprint for it.  It's actually really fun.

(btw, I am getting back to normal life again and trying to get my kart series going again... more news soon.)

The fact that you are trying to hijack my event and on September 11th of all days is just disgusting. Completely despicable.

I'm kidding. Too soon? Too soon.

Do whatever the hell you want, I won't be there... I'll by in NYC doing fun stuff like trying to not get robbed and not getting caught staring at hookers in Times Square.

I'm sure one of the TuTu regulars will be there to take my place dictating last second rule changes... TuTu rules are always very loose, we've even ended up switching cars mid-event, which was a new low... or high, I'm not really sure. It's all about making sure everyone is enjoying themselves.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »

^-^

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:05:37 AM »

haha... yea we'll see if the field is up for whatever.

normally I wouldnt' suggest a strong draft, but in Karts it really does make things interesting.  Unrealistic?  yep.  fun? you betcha.

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »

...due to the human torso being rather unaerodinamic and punching a rather larger hole in the atmosphere the carts suck up rather fast when they catch a wiff of someones draft not sure what the difference is between strong and weak draft setting if it is distance or effect or both. :-\ i typically just try to push the person in front of me in hopes of catching the person in front of them or losing the person behind me if they isn't pushing me. :D so if you don't like being pushed let be known at start of race or its your fault you got pushed. 8) i reinforce all my bumpers for bump drafting wether we be a daytuna or newboogering and i ASSume everyone else does too. ^-^ and remember the doors open around 9eastern and run till everyone leaves(just a reminder of the upcoming season change earlier for some of us than others). think i ranteded enough for one post so i'll STFU now see you and or who ever shows up at Tutu. :D

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 12:58:03 PM »

I will probably be there to night. I also have a tow rope for any fast people that would mind towing me! ;)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 02:03:56 PM »

Grill, I think it's both effect and distance.

however, draft needs to be re-evaluated all around from what I've seen in the past week.

a few of us have noticed that the draft has been tweaked without an update.  it's got to be in the online mode only, or it would have required an update.

but the side-draft is much less prevelant at distance and you have to get much closer to feel it than before.

draft on strong made close side by side racing very problematic especially for sloppy d rivers and controller users (NOT the same thing).  It would suck you up into the other car in a much more violent way than it does now.  (or I should say, as of 2:00pm on Sunday)

it is very clear that they are still tweaking GT5 to do testing for how GT6 will work.

Tires are another area that have changed recently.  If you know the Racing Mediums well, go back and try them again.  They heat up and stay hot unlike before.  The changes are not so good IMO.

I hope they give a discount for GT6 like PCARS will for those who buy in and test their alpha versions!  lol  maybe it a check from PD will arrive "soon"?  lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up