• April 20, 2024, 04:14:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Race 07  (Read 15986 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Race 07
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 07:32:22 AM »

Thanks Wizard (and Lonestar!), that cockpit view looks interesting (seemed like it had a slight fisheye effect, maybe like the Field of View was set too high or something, hopefully adjustable!) and if nothing else I could live with the bumper cam in that video or maybe even center-cockpit :).

I shall have to investigate this further!  Not that I need any more games to play right now but it does look very interesting, fingers crossed it'll work with that funny PS3 controller software!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 07:45:19 AM »

maybe like the Field of View was set too high or something, hopefully adjustable!

I'm pretty sure it is.  I'll double check when I get home from work.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 08:02:59 AM »

Looks interesting, the WTCC type cars do make me fizz a little so I found my Steam info and have the demo downloading.  Was a bit confused with the cars though, on their official site they're touting 300 odd cars but I could only see maybe 15-20 different models so I assume they have alternate team liveries built in or something?

Also while rummaging around that NoGrip site for the addons I noticed skins for the Volvo 240 and Toyota Corolla Levin but I couldn't find any mention of the cars in the game, they seem to be part of the '87 WTCC class but the only two cars I could find on the official site were the BMW M3 E30 and Alfa Romeo 75.  Any idea if those are official addon cars or community made content?  No biggie, just curious :).

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 08:42:52 AM »

Awesome. Drivers used to wear open-faced helmets at Charade because it was so windy it would make them physically sick.

Also, Targa Florio!? That's insane.

I'd try this, but my 2007 Laptop isn't up to the task.

my desktop is from 2002... otherwise I'd probably get into this some.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 08:56:11 AM »

I think those 2 cars you mention are community mod cars.  At this point I'm not sure about much when it comes to the modded cars.  From what I'm seeing so far it's a little trickier to get modded cars in the game. 

Though this isn't my first go around with modding a game, it is the first time I plan to put some serious research and effort into it.  I modded GTR2 back in the day, but it was nothing more than adding a few tracks.

I also saw that 300 car number.... there's nowhere near that many cars available.  I'm guessing you are correct, they are most likely including all the different liveries.  But if that's the way they're counting cars, well that's just farking stupid.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »

Holllee shitballs again....  I just found the Isle of Man track too.

As more of a track nerd than a car nerd, this game is becoming more and more interesting to me by the minute!  :)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »

Holllee shitballs again....  I just found the Isle of Man track too.

As more of a track nerd than a car nerd, this game is becoming more and more interesting to me by the minute!  :)

Are these all mod tracks? and if so how good are they really?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »

Are these all mod tracks?

Yes.

and if so how good are they really?

Well, that Charade vid I posted is a mod track and I think it looks ok.  As far as accuracy goes, I have no idea.

That Sebring vid I posted was a mod track too, and appears to be fairly accurate.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »

Awesome. Drivers used to wear open-faced helmets at Charade because it was so windy it would make them physically sick.

Also, Targa Florio!? That's insane.

I'd try this, but my 2007 Laptop isn't up to the task.

my desktop is from 2002... otherwise I'd probably get into this some.

Same as mine.  All I had to do was replace the power supply, the motherboard, the ram, the graphics card, the cpu, the cpu cooler, the video card , the optical drive, the hard drive and the case.  Now it works great.  I probably could have gotten away with the same case but I wasn't comfortable with the cooling and would have had to mod it.

I think that I have too many games right now and not enough time to play.
xbox:
Forza
playstation:
GT5
Ferrari Challenge
Motorstorm
PC:
iRacing
Live for speed
pCars
RFactor (a disk came with my g25, haven't installed it)
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Shift

I think for now, I'll stick with iRacing and try to make more midnight shows for GT5

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

Live for speed

This is one game I've always wanted to try.  I've read all over the internet that it's one of the best, at least in regards to physics.

Would you agree?

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »

Live for speed

This is one game I've always wanted to try.  I've read all over the internet that it's one of the best, at least in regards to physics.

Would you agree?

I'm no expert but to me the physics "feel" like the best that I've driven.  GT simplifies to much.  iRacing is a little too squirly for example the Mazda's are too biased to oversteer.  However, apparently the physics broke down when they tried to implement a real car.  It just didn't drive right.  So they have been developing a new tire model.  When it comes to the word "soon", LFS really puts Polyphony Digital to shame.  The new tire model has been in development since before GT5 came out.  It's worth it to check out the free demo but the S2 license is still $37-38 which is  a bit much.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »

Wizard..

.. well I don't really but you just had to make me go look into this game didn't you :P

Demo is awesome, ran some laps around Brands Hatch just to get the idea.  Setup was pretty simple even using the PS3 controller (had to dial back the sensitivity a little but it's great), though I've only run some pre-race practice sessions and only seen a few cars on track I had it running on full detail with no obvious framerate issues.

Of course then I made the mistake of looking into purchasing it on Steam and discovered all the interesting expansions (see above image!!), so naturally I thought I'd investigate those some and that was when the...

Holllee shitballs...
.. dropped on the fan!  Anyway I got to looking and all the Touring Car stuff looks great as do most of the other expansions too, as Freddie Mercury once sang "I want it all!".  Judging from the demo I was thinking just the base game would be good but after seeing all the expansions I'm not sure now, and since I'm now not sure what to do I figure I'll post some screenshots to annoy anyone else that might be indecisive like me :D.

From the Retro pack (one I'm really interested in)

From the Race On pack (also one I like)

I'm really tempted to drop $17 down for the Race ON bundle ($3 game + $10 Race On + $4 STCC Game 1) plus another $5 for the Retro pack, or since that bundle doesn't appear to be any cheaper than the component parts I might forgo the STCC 1 for now in favour of Retro but it's hard to choose especially with the mods and free stuff too (some may be expansion pack dependant but hopefully not tracks).

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »

Wizard..

.. well I don't really but you just had to make me go look into this game didn't you :P

I'm EXTREMELY good at spending other peoples money.   :)

Snipped expansion pack stuff.

I purchased the "Race On" part earlier.  The Camaros & Dodges are awesome.

But for some reason I did not see the "Retro Pack" and this is the first I've heard of it.

I'M BUYING IT THE INSTANT I GET HOME FROM WORK.  That looks awesome!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

FUCK THE FIGHTING IRISH!!!

yea, tell me about it  ::)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »

To anyone that wants access to the ever growing mod catalog I have (currently at around 6.2 GB's), you need to send me your email address in a PM please.

I plan to upload everything to Google Drive.  Google Drive requires me to input an email address of the people I want to have access.  Note:  This does not mean that I will be sending files to your email.  What it does is allow me to send you a link to your email.  Clicking on this link takes you to a page where you can download the files.

Also, Google Drive limits me to 5GB at one time.  I have 1 .rar file there now that is about 2.8GB.  The other .rar file I want to share it 3.2GB.  As you can see, I can't to both at once so I'll want y'all to grab this first file asap.  Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up