• April 29, 2024, 01:35:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• Oval Series Round 1: November 07, 2012
  • Group C Round 2: December 05, 2012
  • Group C round 3: January 09, 2013
  • Group C Oval Round 4: February 06, 2013
  • Group C Oval Final: February 13, 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Oval Series: Round 4 Date: 2-6  (Read 10165 times)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Oval Series: Round 1 Date:TBD
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 06:19:21 PM »

Your on the list .... send me a FR .... AgentWD40_FL

Thanks agent, I will do that later tonight.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »

Thanks agent, I will do that later tonight.

FR Received .... Ticket sent .....  ^-^

Anyone else, just ask!

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »

Thanks Agent, I got it and I would like to thank everyone that sent me tickets. I spent about an hour looking for cars last night and did get an R89C which was great but I wanted a few to test. I kept getting the 89 over and over again and have to stop my attempts to copy back my data.

I would have been happy to use up more tickets but I don't want 3 x 89's.

What a system, the same cars showing up over and over again.

I will have to try again tonight.

I have been looking for an R390 road car since Dude and myself took part in the Manufacturers Series months ago :facepalm

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 07:16:23 AM »

Let me try and narrow it down a little then. Its a ways off but how does either Friday November 2nd at 9PM eastern or Saturday November 3rd at 5pm Eastern sound?

Neither of those days works for me.  It's homecoming for NCSU so I'll be tied up till Sunday that weekend.  Like LLF suggested weekdays are preferable to me.  However please add me to the list!  I'm in!  (if the date works)

PSN ID = dawson864

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »

Let me try and narrow it down a little then. Its a ways off but how does either Friday November 2nd at 9PM eastern or Saturday November 3rd at 5pm Eastern sound?

Neither of those days works for me.  It's homecoming for NCSU so I'll be tied up till Sunday that weekend.  Like LLF suggested weekdays are preferable to me.  However please add me to the list!  I'm in!  (if the date works)

Ok so far that puts us 50/50 on race days, so I'll re-think my dates. I have two questions though.  Those who prefer weekdays can you do earlier than 9 eastern say a start time of 8 eastern?  Second for those who prefer the weekend would weekdays be impossible or could it work?  With this being spaced so far apart I have no issues with keeping each event date flexible to make it easier to work around peoples schedules and other online events.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 11:46:54 AM »

I guess I'm fine anytime on the weekend and any weekday after 9pm eastern.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »

^^thanks for your flexibility.  As to week days anything after 6pm EST works for me.  But for guys like DudeTuna on the west coast I would imagine anything before 9pm EST (like he mentioned) would be pretty tough.

PSN ID = dawson864

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »

I went on again last night and had 10 level 23 tickets waiting for me. I want to thank everyone who sent me tickets it is very much appreciated, you guys are the best.

I only had to reload once as I got all of my cars with 8 tickets. I now have all of them plus an extra 787/B.

I took out two cars at their specs and was consistent 42:1xx for both. I did manage once to get a 41:944 but that was it. I did no other tuning but figure once I decide on a car I can play with it to run consistent 41's. I don't see any 40's happening though but you never know.

This should be fun and just so I know we will not be running any road courses so I can concentrate on ovals?

Thanks again guys for your generosity.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »

I went on again last night and had 10 level 23 tickets waiting for me. I want to thank everyone who sent me tickets it is very much appreciated, you guys are the best.

I only had to reload once as I got all of my cars with 8 tickets. I now have all of them plus an extra 787/B.

I took out two cars at their specs and was consistent 42:1xx for both. I did manage once to get a 41:944 but that was it. I did no other tuning but figure once I decide on a car I can play with it to run consistent 41's. I don't see any 40's happening though but you never know.

This should be fun and just so I know we will not be running any road courses so I can concentrate on ovals?

Correct, there will be no road courses this time around.  If every thing goes well with the oval series, then I hope to look at a longer road course series using the real world circuts.  But, that will be some time next year and there are still a ifs and buts to sort out with the road course series. When the time comes I'll definitely be asking for help balancing the cars. I've done some very preliminary tests and the rules as they stand for ovals will not work on the road courses.

Also, in my own pursuit to pick a race car, I've been managing 41.3s on hard tires.  Just for kicks I tried racing softs and I dropped to 41.1 and that was just with aero and tire changes.  So I think a 40.9 might be found.  Also FYI, so far I've found racing hard tires are good for about 30 laps. Racing soft tires are only good for about 15 laps.  Keep in mind after the update on the 25th the tire wear and lap times could completely change.

Also, Also, How does Wendsday November 7th at 9pm eastern sound for round 1? With rounds 2, 3 and 4 tentatively set for the first Wednesday of December, January and February.  Doing so would leave room for any one who wants to run a Daytona 500 or Daytona 24 evnet.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »

That date would work well for me. I have been testing and got it down to 41:5xx with a slight change of aero and rear toe removed on hards. I did 10 laps to check for tire wear but my rears were getting a bit low, maybe 60% left. I need to figure out how to balance the wear.

Right now I will take the Peugeot 905 but may change later, doubtful but you never know.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »

Correct, there will be no road courses this time around.  If every thing goes well with the oval series, then I hope to look at a longer road course series using the real world circuts.  But, that will be some time next year and there are still a ifs and buts to sort out with the road course series. When the time comes I'll definitely be asking for help balancing the cars. I've done some very preliminary tests and the rules as they stand for ovals will not work on the road courses.

Also, in my own pursuit to pick a race car, I've been managing 41.3s on hard tires.  Just for kicks I tried racing softs and I dropped to 41.1 and that was just with aero and tire changes.  So I think a 40.9 might be found.  Also FYI, so far I've found racing hard tires are good for about 30 laps. Racing soft tires are only good for about 15 laps.  Keep in mind after the update on the 25th the tire wear and lap times could completely change.

Also, Also, How does Wendsday November 7th at 9pm eastern sound for round 1? With rounds 2, 3 and 4 tentatively set for the first Wednesday of December, January and February.  Doing so would leave room for any one who wants to run a Daytona 500 or Daytona 24 evnet.

Glad to hear it LLF. It's nice to know that a school of fish can make short work of a difficult task.   8)

I just found that Sauber I was looking for.  :jimi:

Also, The Wendsday November 7th at 9pm, sounds fine here.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:51:02 AM by DudeTuna »

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »

Awesome!  Sounds like this date may be a keeper I'll update the main post with the start time and date in a day or two as long as no issues come up.

I think I'm going with the Nissan R92CP.  I had some handling issues with it and almost went with  XJR-9, but a shot in the dark camber change seemed to fix the issues I was having with it. Now I just gotta quit wall humping.

Also, some time between Wolf's Trans-Am race and Round 1 I may post an open practice night similar to the Undie Briefs. A couple of 30 or 40 lapers to help adjust to running these cars in a pack and if the car count is low for the series hopefully convince a few others to join in at least for some one offs, if not the entire series.

I'm looking forward to this. Large or small group, if all the testing I did was accurate, the racing is going to be fantastic.  ;D

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 05:49:09 AM »

I'm interested. The date isn't important. 9pm (east) start is important for me...I can't race early-evening. No clue what car I'd use. Probably one that is being avoided by others. I can't really guarantee my presence though.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 07:22:43 AM »

Y'all have fun, I can't commit to a series during the week.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 08:20:09 AM »

That date is good for me!

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up