SupaTunaGT

• April 28, 2024, 02:46:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Enduro in other waters  (Read 2946 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Enduro in other waters
« on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:28 PM »

I don't want to offend anyone by posting this here, but there is an enduro being prepared in different waters than we're used to swimming in.  From time to time, the waters have been known to be turbulent and while I haven't been swimming there in quite a while, I think the waters have receded and fewer and fewer fish are gathering there, at least that's what other fish have mentioned.

They are currently voting on a car/track combo and it'll be a longerish race, but there will be teams of 2-3 fish involved.  Voting closes in a couple days and at that point more details on the format will be announced.  You can vote for just one combo or multiple combos, but you can only vote once.  Click here for the link:

http://tunerspit.com/forum/showthread.php?2805-Endurance-Car-and-Track-Poll

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Enduro in other waters
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »

The Jag at Spa does look interesting if it wins the poll.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »

I'm predictable, I voted for two.  Some shitty car at DRC and a Corvette at some shitty track.

Revengel

• Southern Bluefin Tuna
  • Desire equals Power.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:02:19 AM »

Mmmm...Spa...Jag...nom nom nom...

Also

I'M IN U'R FUJEE!!! NOMIN' UR TYRES!!!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »

Mmmm...Spa...Jag...nom nom nom...

Also

I'M IN U'R FUJEE!!! NOMIN' UR TYRES!!!

That's too much car for me.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »

The XJ13 Jaguar at Spa is the next enduro at this other place I mentioned. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »

I heard the XJ was the car and that is cool. I am a bit undecided, but I understand you need a teammate. So anyone thinking about joining needs to pair up.  :)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:52:32 PM »

I think they're saying teams will be 2-4 people.  I've been talking with Hey about it, but until I drive the car myself, I told him I'm undecided.  It might be too manly a car for me.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:52:57 PM »

This looks interesting.  I might be interested if anyone is putting together a team.  It's not until December so it will give my wrists some time to recover.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »

Let us know when specifications are posted Rick and we can do some laps and check for interest.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »

I ran a couple laps last night on racing hard tires (no specs have been mentioned, so I went with worst case scenario) and couldn't stay on the track.  It doesn't brake worth a shit, it turns ok unless you're on the throttle in which case you're going to spin, but OMG does that thing go. 

If Hey is interested, he'll likely send me a tune.  I'll try it and find that it's even worse than I imagined.

Like GT11, my wrists are shit--running little tuning sessions for DRC at only 20 laps or so makes me wish I had a different hobby.  I don't check in at the 4-letter site very often, but I'll try to make a point to get there every day or so and see when they post the final race info.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »

I played around with the new physics before heading into work.  In one of my lounges I didn't notice any difference between the old version and the new update.

I was hoping to run some laps in the Viper, but I simply couldn't.  I pitted after 3 laps and changed cars.  My tune might suck, but it felt good and planted all the way around the track, it's simply not fast enough.  I did an engine refresh and that gave me the 1 PP I was missing so I've got all three cars running at 643 (though the Ford will hit 645...more on that later).

After pitting, I grabbed the Ford to see the number of laps I could expect running a bit easier than last week.  I lessened the downforce a bit up front and in the back to see if I could extend the tires a bit.  Last week I went 16 laps and the last couple were pretty hairy, but I ran balls to the wall the whole time.  This time I eased up a bit, stayed in a taller gear for the sweepers, and squeezed the throttle instead of trying to put it through the firewall. 

My first almost spin was on lap 12, which I believe was the same as last time.  However, I babied it a bit and got 18 laps out of the rears (still plenty on the fronts).  I really think I could have gone 19 but the passenger side rear was way low and it was getting pretty squirrelly.  The laps were very consistent and despite not really pushing the car, I cracked my first 1:37. 

Unless someone is simply into Detroit iron, I can't see anyone taking the Viper in this race.  It seems pretty far off the pace of the other two cars and doesn't make up for it in handling (maybe you can go 20+ laps on the tires and that might make it competitive). 

I see this race coming down to the Corvette and the Ford GT LM.  The Corvette is cake to drive and you'll get 20 laps easily (unfortunately, I'm going to have to run another session in the Corvette to see if babying the car on the new physics increases tire wear).  The Ford is over a second a lap faster, but it's going to get a minimum of 2 laps less on the tires.

My best time in the Ford is 1:37.8 and my best in the Corvette is 1:39.1.  I think I can see 37.5 in the Ford and 38.8 in the Corvette.  Also, the Ford still has a couple PP to play with if we run the cars stock (the Corvette runs at 643 and the Ford at 645).  I think we should run the cars at the PP they come with, meaning the Ford is a couple up on the other two cars, to offset the shitty tire wear and the fact that people are more likely to spin out in the Ford as the tire grip diminishes.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »

Here is the link to the 4-letter enduro.  A bit different concept than I was expecting.  6 Hour race, run in real time with driver changes and pit stops, but not in race mode, rather in free run. 

http://tunerspit.com/forum/showthread.php?2821-December-Enduro-Jaguar-XJ13-Spa

I took the car out the other night before seeing this link and ran on racing hard tires.  The car was beyond my abilities and I immediately lost interest.  Between that time and just now seeing that the race is going to be on racing soft tires, Hey sent me a message to see if I was running with him because someone else asked him to join them (love the guy for making sure I was out before racing with someone else...I'm a bit of a Richard but I have amazing friends).  I told him to run with the other guys because I didn't think I'd be doing this. 

I'll play around with soft tires and see what happens, but the car is certainly a handful.  If there is interest from a number of guys looking for one final guy, I might could be persuaded to be the slow guy on the team. 

Regardless, take a look at the link and get signed up if you're interested.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 12:46:51 PM »

Between that time and just now seeing that the race is going to be on racing soft tires

I'll assume you also practiced with stock horsepower... did you also see they cut the power down to 276hp?  That car, at that power, on soft tires should be pretty manageable.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:20 PM »

Between that time and just now seeing that the race is going to be on racing soft tires

I'll assume you also practiced with stock horsepower... did you also see they cut the power down to 276hp?  That car, at that power, on soft tires should be pretty manageable.

Wiz, I'm not sure what the HP was on my car.  I noticed they set it to 276, but I'm sure my car was a bit more than that.  I think my car was pushing 625 PP, so I have no idea what the HP and weight were.  But yes, I agree, with lower HP and better tires, it should be better than what I experienced. 

With several weeks remaining to the Tuna Enduro, I'll likely take the Jag out again at race specs and see if I still die.  I think Dude and GT11 expressed some interest.  Maybe they'll let me play with them if I learn how to drive the car.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up