SupaTunaGT

• April 20, 2024, 05:00:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Racing Equipment  (Read 40641 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Racing Equipment
« Reply #405 on: January 28, 2016, 01:17:10 PM »

Well....

Received on Tuesday and began the inversion process.  Was going great until one of the pedal bushings was very tight and needed to be persuaded with force to come off, throwing all my spacer all over the floor.  Needless to say, took another 2-3 hours to figure out what spacer went where.    >:(

Next day, I start investigating the mounting on the rig part.  Sigh...  That required quite a bit of a tear down and some much beefier wooden mounting plate.  Got that all back together last night.

I hope today is the last fucking day of setting stuff up.  I want to drive!!!!!  Should be only an hour at most and I should be good to go.

One question guys.  I assume the pedals by themselves and G25 (no pedals) by itself to a PS3 won't work?

Sorry, that is correct. No PS3 play that way.

Also you should update the firmware and calibrate the pedals before use.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

Well....

Received on Tuesday and began the inversion process.  Was going great until one of the pedal bushings was very tight and needed to be persuaded with force to come off, throwing all my spacer all over the floor.  Needless to say, took another 2-3 hours to figure out what spacer went where.    >:(

Next day, I start investigating the mounting on the rig part.  Sigh...  That required quite a bit of a tear down and some much beefier wooden mounting plate.  Got that all back together last night.

I hope today is the last fucking day of setting stuff up.  I want to drive!!!!!  Should be only an hour at most and I should be good to go.

One question guys. I assume the pedals by themselves and G25 (no pedals) by itself to a PS3 won't work?
I'm going to read more on this myself. Basherboard has a CXbox? thing people were using on the older version pedals with non Fanatec wheels. I read they was running the V2 pedals with my T500 wheel but didn't really read much more into it? I did read they say do not pluck the V3 pedals into any other non Fanatec wheel base, even if it's an RJ12 connector or not. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »

The main problem there is actually getting one of those adapters.  Last I read, he was in very slow production mode again.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #408 on: January 29, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »

The main problem there is actually getting one of those adapters.  Last I read, he was in very slow production mode again.

Yeah, I read that as well. I think he slowed way down around November because of a child being born. No idea where he is at now. Something to look into though.

Brindle

« Reply #409 on: January 29, 2016, 05:00:12 PM »

Well....

One question guys. I assume the pedals by themselves and G25 (no pedals) by itself to a PS3 won't work?
I'm going to read more on this myself. Basherboard has a CXbox? thing people were using on the older version pedals with non Fanatec wheels. I read they was running the V2 pedals with my T500 wheel but didn't really read much more into it? I did read they say do not pluck the V3 pedals into any other non Fanatec wheel base, even if it's an RJ12 connector or not.

This was ONLY ps3 related.  Pedals and wheel can be used separately on pc.  My pedals are via USB right now.

@ Dude.  What preload setting do you use on your brake pedal?  I'm finding this a laughable learning curve with these new brakes!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #410 on: January 29, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »

Well....

This was ONLY ps3 related.  Pedals and wheel can be used separately on pc.  My pedals are via USB right now.

@ Dude.  What preload setting do you use on your brake pedal?  I'm finding this a laughable learning curve with these new brakes!

I like a soft pedal it's easier on my knee. So mine is screwed almost all the way in. I do use the added damper also set to soft though.

I'm going to pick up a brake performance kit when available.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/183/csp-v3-owners-betatesters-wanted-for-brake-performance-kit

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2016, 12:54:18 PM »

I'm finding this a laughable learning curve with these new brakes!

Good or bad?  The damper design on the Fanatec pedals is fundamentally flawed.

Brindle

« Reply #412 on: February 02, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »

Thanks Dude.  I will continue to mess with it until it suits my liking.

Both kinda.  What I'm used to is a linear function of the pedal not of pressure, but with distance.  The new brake has a "sponge/foam" that pushes against the load cell to allow some kind of pedal travel.  We all know a bare load sensor has a very, very little travel, if any.  This "sponge/foam" creates a non-linear braking force based not on distance, but with force.  This non-linear feel is the laughable part.  Total pedal travel is maybe 2 in. max, but the first 1.5+ in. is way less than half brake and the last .5 in. is a bit sensitive to pressure changes.

Just need some more practicing is all.  I haven't lost any time from G25 laps, but haven't exactly gained anything yet either.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #413 on: February 02, 2016, 01:49:04 PM »

I haven't lost any time from G25 laps, but haven't exactly gained anything yet either.

Good.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #414 on: February 02, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »

Thanks Dude.  I will continue to mess with it until it suits my liking.

Both kinda.  What I'm used to is a linear function of the pedal not of pressure, but with distance.  The new brake has a "sponge/foam" that pushes against the load cell to allow some kind of pedal travel.  We all know a bare load sensor has a very, very little travel, if any.  This "sponge/foam" creates a non-linear braking force based not on distance, but with force.  This non-linear feel is the laughable part.  Total pedal travel is maybe 2 in. max, but the first 1.5+ in. is way less than half brake and the last .5 in. is a bit sensitive to pressure changes.

Just need some more practicing is all.  I haven't lost any time from G25 laps, but haven't exactly gained anything yet either.

After you update the firmware you can dial in force adjustment. There is a manual calibration setting, it's been awhile so I'm fuzzy on it. You will no doubt have no issue as even I managed to do it simply through the software instructions.

CSP V3 manual download (see pages 24 to 31)
http://www.fanatec.com/download/CSP-V3_Manual_web.pdf

Also, I would set the preload screw first before any of the above.  :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:06:04 PM by DudeTuna »

Brindle

« Reply #415 on: February 02, 2016, 02:50:01 PM »

Unfortunately though, it's only for min and max settings, while almost keeping the same non-linearity throughout.  I'm getting close though.  A slightly stiffer pedal with auto force set on 9 seems to be very good at the moment.  It's the large amount of initial travel, with a small amount of brake force, that I'm trying to get used to. 

Either way, these pedals are immensely better than G25's.   :)

Brindle

« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »

I haven't lost any time from G25 laps, but haven't exactly gained anything yet either.

Good.

Get a 21 in the abarth yet?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2016, 03:30:46 PM »

Good.

Get a 21 in the abarth yet?

22.4  :adam:

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #418 on: February 05, 2016, 12:26:54 PM »

Screw that then. I'm out!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #419 on: February 05, 2016, 05:47:14 PM »

Screw that then. I'm out!

It looks like the damper kit is optional.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up