SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 11:04:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Racing Equipment  (Read 40561 times)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Racing Equipment
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 01:14:43 PM »

This is my cluttered room and rig.

Is that a Obutto?

Yes Dude it is a Obutto. Boston talked me into buying it, and i'm very glad he did!

Brindle

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »

Thanks Brindle & Leaf for your plans... question... is there a way to make the angle and maybe height of the wheel adjustable?

I have wooden stand that I built and the main requirement I had for it was that the table-top would be adjustable.  So I have a few nail holes I can more it up and down on...

I'd hate to design something that ergonomically felt bad later with no way to alter or adjust it.

As for the seat, I'll probably try to find a Used Recaro from an Evo 8 cuz it would be weird to have a better seat in my real car than I have in my fake ones :D

Sort of.  I did it by the way it attaches to the center bar.  That whole section is "unglued" to allow twisting the tubes up or down.  Once I find the angle I wanted, I used 2 screws to hold the tubes in place.  This is mostly for the angle...  While building, you could leave the top section of the wheel unglued and insert different lengths of tube to make the wheel "higher, or "lower.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »

After seeing most of these rigs you guys use ... I wont bore you with mine. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 03:32:40 PM »

thanks brindle... that twisting of the tubing seems like it would work perfectly for the angle.

I suppose for height there could always be some way to adjust seat height and that would serve the same porpoise.

birthday is coming up, and I think I deserve a better rig :D  In fact I'm getting some of the same problems Phreak mentioned about body pains... long term GT playing could actually cripple me if I don't change my set up!

One thing I want to make sure I put on mine is a good cup (beer) holder and a little table for breakin down some green stuff :D  My current set up has a farily large table-top area so while a real car dashboard wouldn't have it, for practicality sake, I need one.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 04:30:16 PM »

new front 3/4 by BakedTuna7, on Flickr

Inch and a half tubing "skin" on right side adds mucho rigidity and was just a scrap sheet of paneling laying around the house. When you go up to the two inch pvc the fixtures nearly double in cost. The tubes that i bent could be replicated with a few 45 degree fixtures. No glue has ever been used there are two threaded rods that run the length of it inside the bottom tube then I capped the tubes and tightened 4 nuts down and it holds the whole thing together. The seat was bought off ebay delivered to my door for less than a c note. I am sure I am leqving out pertinent details but if anyone has any questions I will be glad to help.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:39:01 PM by BakedTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33:29 PM »

It's funny there are 6 more BakedTuna before you and who knows how many after. 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »

7 was my number for racing in real life

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 11:07:15 PM »

Back when I first starter GT racing. GT2 and 3 were with the controller. I was average at best Just before GT4 came out tried a MadCatz wheel. Not a real feel but worked better for me. Picked up a GT wheel with the release of GT4, Never go back. Got a G25 with Prolog and still using it today. Now that the wife has gotten the racing bug, I may be setting up a new station up in the Boot cave.Till then here's where I'm racing from
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

ori0n378e

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 07:38:24 AM »

Hey Baked, I thingk we got the same seats...

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

Pretty sure Brindle has one too.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »

Update:  I picked up a Sony Playstation 3D monitor on black friday.  This allowed me to ditch the 56" TV and shift everything over to one side of the room.  That nicely opens up the room which pleases my wife.  I found a piece of mdf left over from the previous owners of our place which turned out to be almost the perfect size.  Now what I need is a keyboard tray (and then a shifter mount).  Anyone know of a way that I can easily add one?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 12:14:26 PM »

What size are those monitors?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 12:30:03 PM »

What size are those monitors?

They are all 24".  Since they are much closer than the 56" TV, the field of view (for the center monitor) is about the same.  When I get a mount for the shifter, I'll be able to move the monitors a little closer.  My HDTV was 720p.  1080p makes a huge difference.  The only problem is that triple screens at 1080p really tax my video card in iRacing.  Sure looks good though especially at Spa.

Brindle

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »

May I ask what card you have in your pc?  I have been eyeing doing triple screen, but not sure I can run 1080p with it.  I know it won't run P-Cars with a triple setup, maybe with reducing visuals, but who wants to do that?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »

May I ask what card you have in your pc?  I have been eyeing doing triple screen, but not sure I can run 1080p with it.  I know it won't run P-Cars with a triple setup, maybe with reducing visuals, but who wants to do that?

It's an XFX 7950 double D.  I really haven't done much to optimize it.  I've got to figure out how to overclock my system properly.  Right now with a single car at Spa (which is supposed to be the worst iRacing track for framerates), I get about 60fps which is fine but it will drop to the 40s sometimes.  I don't know how it will handle multiple cars.  It seams to run everything at max in triple screen on Dirt 3.  I haven't tested pCars too much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Up