• April 28, 2024, 01:33:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Racing Equipment  (Read 40727 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Racing Equipment
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »

If you saw that Fry's had one actually in stock (meaning saw it in the store not meaning that online they said they had stock), I'd pick it up right away.  That is a very good price.  If I had the money, I'd ask you to pick one up for me.  Spec and Ballistic have the T500RS.  I have the thrustmaster shifter and I really like it.

I tried calling to find out and a recording gave me instructions on how to find this via the web. Basically, you add the item to your shopping cart and indicate local pickup. It then asks you to pick a store or zip and it then lists all the stores in that area and gives information on each one whether or not they have it in stock. Very handy.

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2013, 02:44:06 PM »

If you saw that Fry's had one actually in stock (meaning saw it in the store not meaning that online they said they had stock), I'd pick it up right away.  That is a very good price.  If I had the money, I'd ask you to pick one up for me.  Spec and Ballistic have the T500RS.  I have the thrustmaster shifter and I really like it.

I tried calling to find out and a recording gave me instructions on how to find this via the web. Basically, you add the item to your shopping cart and indicate local pickup. It then asks you to pick a store or zip and it then lists all the stores in that area and gives information on each one whether or not they have it in stock. Very handy.

MX

I thought that I heard people complaining that the web stated that the store had stock when they really didn't.  Could be wrong.   I didn't pay that much attention since we don't have a fry's up here.  But people were having problems finding them at fry's.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »

I've read on several occasions that this wheel is amazing for PC, but not so great for PS3/GT5.

Definitely do some major research before you buy.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »

The only negative I've read so far is that their customer service sucks, but I've read the same about Fanatec too.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »

Fanatec "bundle" is cheaper and comes with shifters (two, on H-pattern and one sequential) AND Cluman Elite pedals...

Just sayin... 

(Besides I still can't believe GT5 went with a $500 wheel as their recommended...)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2013, 04:56:59 PM »

Fanatec "bundle" is cheaper and comes with shifters (two, on H-pattern and one sequential) AND Cluman Elite pedals...

Just sayin... 

(Besides I still can't believe GT5 went with a $500 wheel as their recommended...)

Everything that I've read suggests the t500rs is much closer to the clubsport wheel than the csr wheel.  the clubsport wheel with pedals and no shifter is in the $950 range.  $400 for the T500RS plus $150 for the Bodin load cell mod is a much cheaper alternative.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2013, 05:58:01 PM »

Note: This is an automated Response. Please do not reply to this message.

Dear Michael Schaefer,
Your order XXXX8099, quote XXXX555 IS NOT READY for pick up because the following items are not
available in the store at this time:

Item(s)                                          Req Qty  Aval Qty  OpenBox Qty
Thrusmaster T500 Wheel                            1        0        0

Frys.com apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for choosing Frys.com.

Sincerely,

Fry's Electronics Inc.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2013, 05:59:19 PM »

I thought that I heard people complaining that the web stated that the store had stock when they really didn't.  Could be wrong.   I didn't pay that much attention since we don't have a fry's up here.  But people were having problems finding them at fry's.

^ this.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2013, 08:06:09 PM »

Just sayin... 

What is this bundle that you speak of? I can't find the T500 now for under $600.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:42 PM »

http://us.fanatec.com

Click products and choose something (anything).  When the page loads click "Bundles" on the left side menu.

Took 4 days to get here...

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2013, 09:49:08 PM »

http://us.fanatec.com

Click products and choose something (anything).  When the page loads click "Bundles" on the left side menu.

Took 4 days to get here...

http://us.fanatec.com/index.php?route=module/configurator

The two big ones are the GT3 rs v2 xl value pack and the CSR xl value pack.  You want at least the csr elite pedals since they are load cell pedals.  The GT3 kit is the best value especially if you don't have an xbox.  The CSR may be a little better due to a lighter wheel and better button placement and is xbox compatible.  The internals are apparently the same and many people like the GT3 wheel better.

I have the CSR wheel and CSP pedals.  The CSR is mostly an upgrade over my old G25.  The CSP pedals are a large upgrade over the g25 nixim modded pedals.  If I were ever to upgrade to a T500RS, I'd ditch the T500RS pedals and stick with the CSPs (that combo wouldn't be PS3 compatible by the way).

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:27 AM »

Wow, I didn't realize you could get a package like that from Fanatec for less than $900. You guys were right, man, that's a good deal. And, hey, isn't it my birthday today? That's all the incentive I needed.     :)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2013, 09:06:49 AM »

Ordered.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »

I built my own rig out of PVC pipe and find it really stable. I know I'm not one of the fastest around these waters but that isn't the equipment  

I love my rig and should be good for a while now.

Ok, for those of you that built your own pvc rig, I see that you've mounted the seat onto a piece of plywood or something. But do you then attach that to the PVC in some way? That's the one thing that I don't see from your plans. I wouldn't want that seat sliding around on there.

I've decided that I need a Sparco racing seat in my Miata. That means that the stock seat is coming out. Rather than letting it sit in the garage, I think it deserves a place of honor in my living room.   :)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:03 AM »

I built my own rig out of PVC pipe and find it really stable. I know I'm not one of the fastest around these waters but that isn't the equipment  

I love my rig and should be good for a while now.

Ok, for those of you that built your own pvc rig, I see that you've mounted the seat onto a piece of plywood or something. But do you then attach that to the PVC in some way? That's the one thing that I don't see from your plans. I wouldn't want that seat sliding around on there.

I've decided that I need a Sparco racing seat in my Miata. That means that the stock seat is coming out. Rather than letting it sit in the garage, I think it deserves a place of honor in my living room.   :)

The ISR guys have a whole video on making a pvc cockpit.  Though I'm hesitant to send people there after the whole iRacing fiasco.

Which combo did you order?  I hope you did some research first.  Fanatec has reliability issues that you have to be aware of.  That being said, I haven't had issues with any of my stuff yet.  Wiz has the CSR XL combo.  I heard that Baked skipped the combo and got the CSR wheel with the clubsport pedals.  Value wise, there isn't anything out there with a load cell pedal that compares to the Fanatec stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30   Go Up