SupaTunaGT

• April 28, 2024, 04:51:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Racing Equipment  (Read 40759 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Racing Equipment
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2014, 09:54:24 AM »

http://www.thesimpit.com/en/news/comments/40-Discount-on-Fanatec-Gear-to-Celebrate-Germanys-Win-in-the-World-Cup

40% off fanatec gear

Nice try but it is only valid on items in stock and the ClubSport Wheel Base US has an availability date: 2014-09-30. :(

Well that makes me feel a little better.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »

http://www.thesimpit.com/en/news/comments/40-Discount-on-Fanatec-Gear-to-Celebrate-Germanys-Win-in-the-World-Cup

40% off fanatec gear

Nice try but it is only valid on items in stock and the ClubSport Wheel Base US has an availability date: 2014-09-30. :(

Well that makes me feel a little better.

The 911 GT2 is in stock for 149.95. Though mine that I purchased in April is unraveling the wrap in one spot. 

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2014, 10:14:15 AM »

Anyone have the Fanatec Clubsport Elite pedals? I'm having an issue with my brake pedal. I am having to push harder and harder on that thing to get it to register. And when it registers, it does so kind of all at once. This makes it really hard to ease onto the brakes and ease off of the brakes. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix? Also, I'd love to modify the pedals to not use the dang load cell thing anymore. I'd just like a simple spring loaded pedal.

I'm sure one of you geniuses know just the trick.   :)

MS
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »

Anyone have the Fanatec Clubsport Elite pedals? I'm having an issue with my brake pedal. I am having to push harder and harder on that thing to get it to register. And when it registers, it does so kind of all at once. This makes it really hard to ease onto the brakes and ease off of the brakes. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix? Also, I'd love to modify the pedals to not use the dang load cell thing anymore. I'd just like a simple spring loaded pedal.

I'm sure one of you geniuses know just the trick.   :)

MS

Check the connections, check the brake force setting. If not those then probably needs new load cell.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2014, 11:36:45 AM »

Might just need some lubrication?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »

Might just need some lubrication?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »

Would start by cleaning and light lube. Tri Flow works well in my personal experience.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »

Ok, this may be a stupid question ... but is the little dial that goes to 10 ... is that for "brake force" or "brake sensitivity"? I've been turning it all the way up to make the brakes more sensitive. Was I just making it harder to push? LOL. Boy am I going to feel dumb if that's the case.

Edit: Ok, it is sensitivity. I have the sensitivity at 10, so it's at max sensitivity. Uggh. POS.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:12:12 PM by MX5#98 »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »

Are they Clubsports or CSR Elites?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »

The feeling of the brake can be adjusted by changing the viscosity of the silicone oil in the oil damper, and by changing the spring tension on the damper. You can further adjust brake pressure level on the fly by using the dial adjustment. This is for the Clubsports I do not know about the CSR Elite pedals.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »

The feeling of the brake can be adjusted by changing the viscosity of the silicone oil in the oil damper, and by changing the spring tension on the damper. You can further adjust brake pressure level on the fly by using the dial adjustment. This is for the Clubsports I do not know about the CSR Elite pedals.

I have the CSR Elite, they are much simpler. With only a load cell and sensitivity adjustment. They do not have a damper/spring setup.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2014, 03:09:55 PM »

Sorry, I have the Clubsport V2 pedals. So how do you adjust the viscosity? Replace with water? I want the softest possible brake feel. Right now, I have to press so hard on them that the base lifts from the bottom. Never really liked the feel of the clutch or the brakes on this set. Might just buy the CSR pedals and sell this set.

This is what I need:

http://eu.fanatec.com/Pedals/CSR%20Pedals%20EU

Edit: Also, has anyone tried the inversion kit? Worth it?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:14:05 PM by MX5#98 »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »

Sorry, I have the Clubsport V2 pedals. So how do you adjust the viscosity? Replace with water? I want the softest possible brake feel. Right now, I have to press so hard on them that the base lifts from the bottom. Never really liked the feel of the clutch or the brakes on this set. Might just buy the CSR pedals and sell this set.

This is what I need:

http://eu.fanatec.com/Pedals/CSR%20Pedals%20EU

Edit: Also, has anyone tried the inversion kit? Worth it?

Bolt them down or clamp or use a tie down something. Once they are secure you can just jump all over them and not have to be concerned. Personally I love that you can jump all over this pedal set and not have to "pussyfoot" things in an all delicate manner.

PS if you do go to sell please let me know I might be interested.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:50 PM »

Bolt them down or clamp or use a tie down something. Once they are secure you can just jump all over them and not have to be concerned. Personally I love that you can jump all over this pedal set and not have to "pussyfoot" things in an all delicate manner.

PS if you do go to sell please let me know I might be interested.

If I decide to sell, they are yours. $100? At this point, I just need to decide about the inversion kit and I'll place my order for the other pedals.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »

The CSR Elites have a load cell too.  Doubt they're much different from CSP's.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30   Go Up