• April 28, 2024, 03:13:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Racing Equipment  (Read 40741 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Racing Equipment
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2014, 04:56:57 PM »

The CSR Elites have a load cell too.  Doubt they're much different from CSP's.

He has linked to straight up CSR pedals. Do they have a load cell?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »

The CSR Elites have a load cell too.  Doubt they're much different from CSP's.

He has linked to straight up CSR pedals. Do they have a load cell?

Ah I missed that.  I just took a quick look.  After looking again, it does not look like they have a load cell.

My bad.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »

The whole point of the load cell is that it is supposed to be easier to modulate your brakes.  If the brakes are coming on late and too quickly, something is wrong.  First connect your pedals to a pc and check how they are behaving with the Fanatec utility.  Try changing the sensitivity and see how that changes brake response.  The dial itself might not be setup properly.  Then, I'd take off the piston and make sure that it is running smoothly.  I wouldn't use water, its mechanical properties are a lot different than oil.  next make sure that the piston and the rubber bumper are moving smoothly and hitting the load cell properly.

Personally I run mine at high sensitivity to save the load cell which is the weak point in these pedals.  I also heel-toe with them and I don't have excessive problems with them tipping.  They do tip too much  but it isn't bad with high sensitivity.  The pedals aren't the best there is but they are pretty good for the price.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2014, 07:48:05 AM »

The whole point of the load cell is that it is supposed to be easier to modulate your brakes.  If the brakes are coming on late and too quickly, something is wrong.  First connect your pedals to a pc and check how they are behaving with the Fanatec utility.  Try changing the sensitivity and see how that changes brake response.  The dial itself might not be setup properly.  Then, I'd take off the piston and make sure that it is running smoothly.  I wouldn't use water, its mechanical properties are a lot different than oil.  next make sure that the piston and the rubber bumper are moving smoothly and hitting the load cell properly.

Personally I run mine at high sensitivity to save the load cell which is the weak point in these pedals.  I also heel-toe with them and I don't have excessive problems with them tipping.  They do tip too much  but it isn't bad with high sensitivity.  The pedals aren't the best there is but they are pretty good for the price.

Yeah, I'll do that. I have to be honest, I've never really been happy with these pedals. I spent a lot of time adjusting them and trying different things. I think they are just simply over-engineered. The final straw for me was when my daughter tried to use them after driving in my real car. She applied the same pressure she did in the car and got no brakes at all. I told her to push harder and she said, "why don't they work like your car?" And I went ... hmmm, yeah, that's how I've felt about them since I got them.

The clutch pedal is also really bad. They added this counter-lever thing to try to give it a feel of getting lighter as you push deeper. It makes a lot of noise late at night when I'm shifting. Again, if you go out to my car and push the clutch pedal in, it doesn't feel like that. I can remember really old cars that felt like that. Mine doesn't. I've also driven some Mustangs that felt like that. My clutch is pretty even pressure top to bottom. So in the end, I guess what I want is a set of pedals with adjustable springs so I can set the tension firm or soft. And that's basically what the cheaper pedals do.

I need to get this thing out of here, it's pissing me off the more I think about it. It probably has a bad load cell. Someone make me an offer.

MS
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2014, 08:34:17 AM »

I was going to take you up on that $100 price you threw out there. If it needs a new cell I am ok with that.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »

I was going to take you up on that $100 price you threw out there. If it needs a new cell I am ok with that.

Ok, I think that's fair. Let me order the other one and get it on it's way. We'll work out the detail via PM.

MS

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2014, 08:47:25 AM »

I had to change the load cell in my pedals last night. And discovered there are adjustments you can make to soften or stiffen the pedal.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2014, 12:03:22 PM »

I had to change the load cell in my pedals last night. And discovered there are adjustments you can make to soften or stiffen the pedal.

You can loosen or tighten the spring. I have it on the loosest setting. Are your pedals bolted down? I bet if mine were, it would be a non issue. As it stands, it's impossible to heal-toe with it because it moves around when you apply any force necessary to get it past 50% braking.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »

You can loosen or tighten the spring. I have it on the loosest setting. Are your pedals bolted down? I bet if mine were, it would be a non issue. As it stands, it's impossible to heal-toe with it because it moves around when you apply any force necessary to get it past 50% braking.

I believe both our pedals have similar adjustments. Where they mount to the pedal itself you can raise or lower the mounting point. I moved it to the lowest location and it makes for a very soft pedal. And yes mine are bolted down.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »

Moves around or just tips?  If it moves around you need some sort of stopper.  I have a pedal stopper on my wheelstand.  If it is tipping, try changing the position of your pedals.  If you are pressing horizontally it will tip all the time.  If you are pressing more downwards, it won't tip nearly as much and heel-toe is quite doable even without bolting down.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »

I believe both our pedals have similar adjustments. Where they mount to the pedal itself you can raise or lower the mounting point. I moved it to the lowest location and it makes for a very soft pedal. And yes mine are bolted down.

Ummm, how? It looks like you should be able to change the mounting point but I didn't see any way to get that pin out of there.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »

Ummm, how? It looks like you should be able to change the mounting point but I didn't see any way to get that pin out of there.

Yep I see that now. Sorry for any confusion. 

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #282 on: August 06, 2014, 06:20:42 AM »

Actually, based on your post, I tried removing the little allen-head pin screw and sure enough, that pin just slid out of there. I changed the mounting point and now the brake pedal is as smooth as butter. It is so much better now.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »

Actually, based on your post, I tried removing the little allen-head pin screw and sure enough, that pin just slid out of there. I changed the mounting point and now the brake pedal is as smooth as butter. It is so much better now.

Excellent.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/137/the-clubsport-wheel-base-v2-servo-power-and-multi-platform#latest

1 By Invitation Only

The great response we get from our beta testers lead us to the conclusion that the demand for this product will be much bigger than the supply. Production output will be lower as before as we spend even more time on quality control and testing.

At the same time we want to honor the loyalty of our existing customers and want to offer a special pre-order discount for the owners of the current ClubSport and CSR Elite base so that they can enjoy a little upgrade advantage.

This is how it works:
•    We will send an e-mail to our webshop customers with an invite code. There will be several waves of e-mails in the next months.  
•    Only after you entered the code to your profile page you will be able to purchase or pre-order this product
•    After you purchased one V2 base you will receive a second code. You can give that to a friend or buy a second base.

I would be happy to accept anyone's second code for pre order. Thank you.  :)

And some more info here.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-announcements-updated-op.203494/page-368#post-10019049
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:48:56 AM by DudeTuna »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30   Go Up