SupaTunaGT

• April 28, 2024, 03:54:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Racing Equipment  (Read 40748 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Racing Equipment
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »

I wish I could help ya Trendy.   My skills at handiwork are pathetic.  I bought an Obutto cockpit.

Back a few pages, Baked has pictures of his rig that he made out of PVC.  It looks nice and stout.  Hit those guys up for there ideas. I don't know what the materials will cost.  It's gotta be cheaper than buying premade.  My Cost $300 5 years ago.

Best of luck to you sir.  Also, you will not regret getting a wheel!  It will take an adjustment period, but in the end you will be sooooooo much happier!

You just need to build a bigger bird house boston with a flat screen TV and racing rig. 

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »

I wish I could help ya Trendy.   My skills at handiwork are pathetic.  I bought an Obutto cockpit.

Back a few pages, Baked has pictures of his rig that he made out of PVC.  It looks nice and stout.  Hit those guys up for there ideas. I don't know what the materials will cost.  It's gotta be cheaper than buying premade.  My Cost $300 5 years ago.

Best of luck to you sir.  Also, you will not regret getting a wheel!  It will take an adjustment period, but in the end you will be sooooooo much happier!

You just need to build a bigger bird house boston with a flat screen TV and racing rig. 

:stoopid:

I was gonna say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

TrendyTuna

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #302 on: November 04, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »

Thanks guys.

Going to build my stand out of PVC.

I checked out a friends Thrustmaster T80 and it was so sloppy trying to drive with that that I would not recommend getting one.

He agreed and returned it today and then got a T300 which I will be able to test drive this weekend.

TrendyTuna

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2014, 04:24:11 PM »

I got to try out the new Thrustmaster T300 steering wheel over the weekend on both the PS3 and PS4.

I got to say I like it better the the G27. I also got to try out the new game called Drive Club on PS4 and even tho it is more like an arcade game, it was really cool. I would get it when I get a PS4.

Driving in GT6 was amazing and without a doubt will be getting this wheel for my driving cage I will be building.

Also saw a video about a game called Project Cars (PS4) and that looks to be an amazing game.

Still drawing up plans for my cage.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »

Thanks for the review of the wheel Trendy!

Project cars has been on my radar for a few years now.  I've only watched the progression of it.  But, some of the guys here have bought into the beta/tester thing years ago.  I am very excited for Project Cars.  If it can deliver, then it's doubtful I'll buy a GT game again.

We have a thread dedicated to Project Cars in the "Other PC Racing Sim" section.  Full of fantastic videos.  Check it out.  In fact, I think we a due for a new vid.  l grab one.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:39:57 PM by Boston77Bruins »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #305 on: November 11, 2014, 05:17:17 PM »

Asetto Corsa is looking like the game to beat at the moment but I think it is tower only. I will be getting a tower before even considering a PS4. Both P Cars and Corsa on a tower look like they will beat the snot out of the current status quo.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #306 on: December 01, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »

Looks good. ?

Like your chassis there Dude but I don't think I ever realized it was wheeled.

I just saw this. It came with feet, but I need to move it around so I purchased casters from Amazon.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #308 on: April 08, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »

I just received an invite to buy the Club Sport base, which is on sale for $550US.

It isn't PS4 compatible yet, so that is a waste. Am I missing something here?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #309 on: April 08, 2015, 02:04:45 PM »

I just received an invite to buy the Club Sport base, which is on sale for $550US.

Thought there was recent announcement about Fanatec and some software maker working it out so the two could be used together on the PS4 somebody help out this old stony guy's memory. And yes in a way you are missing something their clubsport line is head and shoulder above anything logitech ever offered. I used the DFGT and the G27 before stepping up to a Fanatec CSR wheel which was better than the G27 BTW before landing on the Clubsport which is fanfuckingtastic. Just my opinion but I believe there are others here that can chime in with how they feel about Fanatec's gear.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #310 on: April 08, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

Fanatec has developed drivers for the PS4 and has sent them to the different game developers. So at this time PCars is the only one so far to state in game support. PCars supported wheel list

I have the CSW V2 with BMW and Formula rims and CSP v2. I love the setup. If you do not use the code there's plenty of people who will use it. I do not know this person personally, but here is a planet link to his request.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-invitational-code.325071/#post-10589169

PS: The way you pass a code on is through the fanatec website. You select transfer code and insert the email address of the recipient. Also, the email needs to be the one they signed up to Fanatec with. :)   

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #311 on: April 08, 2015, 08:04:23 PM »

I knew about the PS4 compatibility change, but Fanatec is not showing that on their site.

So, I guess that I will have to send them a request for more info.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2015, 10:02:59 AM »

I knew about the PS4 compatibility change, but Fanatec is not showing that on their site.

So, I guess that I will have to send them a request for more info.

It's in their blog.
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/153/fanatec-on-playstation-4-and-xbox-one#Item_2
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:09:01 PM by DudeTuna »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2015, 01:24:54 PM »

They allow delaying a purchase up to 10 times.
I've delayed once.

The Club sport-2 wheel set will end up costing about $1,000 CDN plus, so I am in no hurry (except Project CARS is coming...).

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2015, 01:47:12 PM »

They allow delaying a purchase up to 10 times.
I've delayed once.

The Club sport-2 wheel set will end up costing about $1,000 CDN plus, so I am in no hurry (except Project CARS is coming...).

Yes, I'm sorry I should have also mentioned the delay option. A heads up though. If you are serious about getting one it will be cheaper to do so sooner rather than later as the prices are continuing to climb as originally stated. Plus now there is a monetary exchange rate imbalance making for larger price increases in some parts of the world that may eventually have an effect here.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Up