SupaTunaGT

• April 27, 2024, 11:03:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Tune For 415PP Civic Competition Special Event  (Read 1368 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Need Tune For 415PP Civic Competition Special Event
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »

For the life of me, I can't get this dang car to stop understeering. I think I'm at the limits of my rubber. I've Google'd for every tune example I can find, and she's still pushing in the corners. And I am unable to beat the Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse track. Any tips would be much appreciated.    :)

:jimi:

MX5
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Need Tune For 415PP Civic Competition Special Event
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:10:48 AM »

I think I can find the car I did them in again. I will put it up for share later today.

Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse took me many tries to get my lap times quick enough to catch the lead car by the last lap.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »

Cant recall my tune I used (it wasnt anything special tho) but on Clubman, the race is won or lost on the first turn, and the hard right hander before going under the bridge to the front straight

One of my favorite tracks tho ....  ;D

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »

I think I can find the car I did them in again. I will put it up for share later today.

Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse took me many tries to get my lap times quick enough to catch the lead car by the last lap.

Thanks. I'll be interested to see any differences between your tune and mine. I've been adding more and more stiffness to the front springs to address the understeer in the beginning of the corner per Gar's recommendations. But at this point, I've got the front springs around 9.0 or something. And it still wants to push. I've also been stiffening the front roll bar for the push mid corner on that big sweeper in the tunnel. Wondering if you did something similar.

MX5

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

Cant recall my tune I used (it wasnt anything special tho) but on Clubman, the race is won or lost on the first turn, and the hard right hander before going under the bridge to the front straight

One of my favorite tracks tho ....  ;D

I don't know the track that well and once I remembered to slow for turn one things did get better. Then it was full throttle from as early as possible at turn two all the way to slamming on the brakes before some kind of hairpin (Ok just a hard right) thing.

The car and tune I used is shared have fun.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »

I've got corners 1 and 2 down pretty good. I make most of my time on the other cars on those corners. Where I'm struggling, I think, is in the second chicane (where the rightmost T is on your map). I think I'm carrying too much speed through the left hander before the hard right turn and I'm sliding wide and getting on the gas late there. I've come in 2nd place, .2 seconds behind the leader. But 1st place continues to elude me.   :)

Thanks,

MX

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

I've got corners 1 and 2 down pretty good. I make most of my time on the other cars on those corners. Where I'm struggling, I think, is in the second chicane (where the rightmost T is on your map). I think I'm carrying too much speed through the left hander before the hard right turn and I'm sliding wide and getting on the gas late there. I've come in 2nd place, .2 seconds behind the leader. But 1st place continues to elude me.   :)

Thanks,

MX

You just need to hit one corner better and you're there!
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »

Thanks,

MX

Yes you call it a chicane I say hairpin. Get on the brakes just a bit earlier. I kept having trouble getting on the brakes way too late there and wasting too much momentum.

Good call Looney and don't literally hit the corner.  :laugh

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 08:31:57 AM »

Thanks everyone. I took your advice and used the tune from Dude's car (thanks Dude) and managed to put down some consistent 1:04's on that track and finally took 1st place.    ;D

Thanks for the help!!!

MX

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »

Thanks. I'll be interested to see any differences between your tune and mine. I've been adding more and more stiffness to the front springs to address the understeer in the beginning of the corner per Gar's recommendations. But at this point, I've got the front springs around 9.0 or something. And it still wants to push. I've also been stiffening the front roll bar for the push mid corner on that big sweeper in the tunnel. Wondering if you did something similar.

MX5

Gar's advice was to soften the front-end to get rid of understeer, not stiffen it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up