• April 28, 2024, 10:56:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Interest In UnModified Series?  (Read 1942 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Any Interest In UnModified Series?
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:27 PM »

Last week, Dude, nosoks and I got together and did some laps in a stock Lotus Elise 111R. The car handled amazingly well with standard equipment. And multiple folks mentioned how much fun it was to just show up race unmodified cars from the dealer. Cars are automatically going to be equal for every driver participating (although some may break in their vehicle and gain a few extra hp).

There are so many great cars available. We could just grab a different car each week from the dealer and put it through it's paces.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a series like this. We could start this week (Wed or Thur) and give it a try. I'm open to suggestions on the car to start with. Otherwise I'll pick something. Just let me know.

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Any Interest In UnModified Series?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »

Last week, Dude, nosoks and I got together and did some laps in a stock Lotus Elise 111R. The car handled amazingly well with standard equipment. And multiple folks mentioned how much fun it was to just show up race unmodified cars from the dealer. Cars are automatically going to be equal for every driver participating (although some may break in their vehicle and gain a few extra hp).

There are so many great cars available. We could just grab a different car each week from the dealer and put it through it's paces.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a series like this. We could start this week (Wed or Thur) and give it a try. I'm open to suggestions on the car to start with. Otherwise I'll pick something. Just let me know.

MX

We could call it something like Tuneless Tuesdays or Showroom Showdown.  Wait a minute....

Good idea.  Not sure why they were stopped.  I think sho sho turned into a tuning event at one point.  Anyway, I can only really make the midnight drive in.  I wouldn't mind if those were always tuneless cars.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »

I had forgotten about the history of those other events. And I don't want to tell folks how to run their stuff. I absolutely love the events others are hosting. So I suggested a **new** series (not really new, lol).

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »

I had forgotten about the history of those other events. And I don't want to tell folks how to run their stuff. I absolutely love the events others are hosting. So I suggested a **new** series (not really new, lol).

Like I said, it's a good idea.  Not sure why people lost interest in those other events.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »

Like I said, it's a good idea.  Not sure why people lost interest in those other events.

Well lets ask them.      :D

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 01:57:21 PM »

Not enough time for all the fine racing events. I enjoy them all, but can only make few.  8)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 02:02:10 PM »

Not enough time for all the fine racing events. I enjoy them all, but can only make few.  8)

Ok, let me ask this ... is there a way to submit requests for upcoming events already on the calendar (like the TuTu or ShoSho)?

MX

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »

By series do you mean something a bit like the Tuna Cup points series where we drive the same cars each week / race but only using stock / unmodified cars, or are you thinking more of the TuTu / ShoSho style with a different car each week?

If I remember right you can detune the engine power some and that doesn't affect the "Tuning Prohibited" rule, yes?  If so what about a "roll your own Stock Car" type thing, pick a PP number (or hp / weight) and we all run off and find our own unmodded cars that are fairly close to the number and see how they square off.

Example:  say 510PP is the number
I might bring along an '88 Lamborghini Countach and '02 Dodge Viper GTS, both cars stock come in around 516PP and should fit with minor engine detuning.  I've driven both of them stock before at 500PP and they're really nice cars, the Dodge was surprisingly comfortable unmodded.  Someone else might bring a Corvette or the SL 55 AMG, stock they're both around the 510PP mark also.

A bit like the game's shuffle feature but we pick our own cars in advance, could make for some interesting races and matchups :).

Not enough time for all the fine racing events. I enjoy them all, but can only make few.  8)

Ok, let me ask this ... is there a way to submit requests for upcoming events already on the calendar (like the TuTu or ShoSho)?

MX

Hotstepper is in charge of TuTu now, I don't know how far ahead of time he plans his events but I'm pretty sure he's done events by request before.  I assume sending him a PM or posting something in the TuTu section would be the best options.

Also since ToC took over from ShoSho a while back and I'm currently driving the ToC bus the same applies, PM or post is cool with me :).  I've certainly got no objections to trying new and interesting stuff with ToC on Thursdays, doesn't have to be an actual class that's already listed either, heck that idea I wrote above might actually work really nicely as a ToC event if it's something folks are interested in running :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »

Any event that involves stock tuning is always something that interests me.  ;)
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »

I like the untuned thing as well.

Also, keep in mind Fridays are kinda open for "free lance" events as filler for when there is no point series race.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »

:stoopid:

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 07:09:40 PM »

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »

I have the interest but I don't know if I have the time.  I actually was going to try something similar to this a few posts down but gave up due to lack of time and energy.  :(

If you do it I got one request.  2000 Camaro SS, I've been trying to find an excuse to use it online since day one of GT5.  ;D

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »

If you do it I got one request.  2000 Camaro SS, I've been trying to find an excuse to use it online since day one of GT5.  ;D

Is it a bone stock '00 Camaro SS with you want to run right DL?  If so I can take a look at similar cars (similar PP or power / weight that is) and see if there's enough to throw together something for ToC this week, unless someone wants to plan something for Friday instead?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

Yes, bone stock 00' Camaro SS with Sports Hard tires is what I've had in mind.  If you decide to do it you may want to check out the cars in the X-spearmint thread as a starting point. Back in 2001 PD felt all those cars were close enough to each other to make a 10 race no-mod series out of them. I feel it provided for some pretty awesome racing back in GT3 and equally interesting discussion on the old Gran-turismo.net forums back in the day.

I have to admit, when I put the race together, I had little time to test the format in GT5 and I was going to use the race itself as a test.  :copz:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up