• April 28, 2024, 05:58:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype  (Read 8867 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

I'm not certain of this, but I think GM may actually welcome some input from GT5 players about the handling characteristics of the new C7 Vette.

My hope for this next gen "super muscle" car is for European car enthusiasts to at least respect it more, if not completely fall in love with it, but still to remain true to its core fans.  That being said, the main thing there to overcome is build quality in terms of plastic/fiberglas vs harder compounds, and having a mroe respectable handling profile.

In short, it needs Ferarri refinement but at a much more affordable price point.  Certainly the mega giant General Motors can do something that at least comes close right?

Excuse me for saying... and I love the vette.  But do you guys like the way this new prototype drives?

So far, I don't.  Especially on the "stock" tires they give us.  But even when upgrading tires, it seems to have a strange handling problem where, if the car get's off tilt and you happen to give it some inputs it doesn't exactly love, it is more difficult than it should be to recover from.

Can anyone help me put to words what this quirkiness is, perhaps in more technical terms?  It could very well be that PD didn't do a very good job of modelling this car, or it could just as easily be that GM isn't done tuning the prototype's handling?

Things we say as "prototype test drivers" might get their attention.  It's a longshot, I know, but I do have an uncle who is more of architect/engineer who might know who to pass this along to.  Or, if posted on the web they might just find it anyways...

He indicated they are very happy it is in GT5 for promotional reasons, but IMO they did hand us an incomplete car and might be reading our comments anyways, so what are your comments?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »

I actually liked the handling. I could do a little drifting and still maintain control.  :-\
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »

I downloaded the car, but I have not driven it yet.

cough, cough, Charlies cough, Midnight Show, hint, hint

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

I haven't driven it yet and honestly I'm not even sure if I will, maybe with the exception of Charlie's drive-in later in the month.  For whatever reason I just can't seem to get too terribly excited about a car in a bag, mind you I'm kinda the same about most concept and prototypes cars.

What does interest me though is what the inclusion of the car means for GT's future and it's potential involvement with GM and other car manufacturers: 

Does having the prototype C7 Vette now open up the door for us to have the real C7 when it's officially released? 

Does it mean GM is going to become more involved with GT from a sponsorship perspective perhaps like Nissan is?

If GM starts working more with PD will this encourage other manufacturers to follow suit?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:45:04 PM »

This is all very interesting. I have the card of the car, just like Feldynn haven't driven the Bag.
Just may have to cash in and take it for a ride. Maybe get some older vettes and the C7 together on track.
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »

I haven't driven it yet and honestly I'm not even sure if I will, maybe with the exception of Charlie's drive-in later in the month.  For whatever reason I just can't seem to get too terribly excited about a car in a bag, mind you I'm kinda the same about most concept and prototypes cars.

What does interest me though is what the inclusion of the car means for GT's future and it's potential involvement with GM and other car manufacturers:  

Does having the prototype C7 Vette now open up the door for us to have the real C7 when it's officially released?  

Does it mean GM is going to become more involved with GT from a sponsorship perspective perhaps like Nissan is?

If GM starts working more with PD will this encourage other manufacturers to follow suit?

What makes you think that?
   :laugh  ^-^   :copz:  :(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:24:43 PM by LooneyTuna »
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »

I haven't driven it yet and honestly I'm not even sure if I will, maybe with the exception of Charlie's drive-in later in the month.  For whatever reason I just can't seem to get too terribly excited about a car in a bag, mind you I'm kinda the same about most concept and prototypes cars.

:stoopid: on all counts. Especially about driving concept cars and prototypes, even tho this is a test mule, not a concept car.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 06:42:41 PM »

I haven't driven it yet and honestly I'm not even sure if I will, maybe with the exception of Charlie's drive-in later in the month.  For whatever reason I just can't seem to get too terribly excited about a car in a bag, mind you I'm kinda the same about most concept and prototypes cars.

What makes you think that?
   :laugh  ^-^   :copz:  :(

The jaded realist in my was on a bathroom break at the time, he would have finished the post by saying:

"Of course the chances of anything cool like that actually happening are probably about as good as that of a snowball in hell or a gerbil in a microwave, but maybe one day we'll get a pleasant surprise.. hopefully not the kind of surprise that involves cleaning gerbil out of the microwave though ;D"

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

I actually liked the handling. I could do a little drifting and still maintain control.  :-\

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:56 PM »

I doubt GM cares in the slightest what some of us 'gamers' think of the handling of the C7.  It's a game, nothing more.

Depending on what they want to accomplish, GM can simply go to the parts bin if they want handling characteristics to change.  I can't remember which car it is, I believe the newer Z06, but the tires are borderline slicks.  Dodge did the same thing with their Viper.

Over the years, the one constant complaint I've heard from EVERY magazine is that the car has shitty seats that offer no support.  I'm a little suprised GM hasn't fixed this 'problem' though a part of me believes they ignore it simply because they can.  As a Corvette owner for over a decade, I've yet to talk with a fellow Corvette owner who complains about the seats. 

If GM really wanted to fix something that needs fixing, it would be the bulky, long-throw shifter.  I don't think handling even registers to them, particularly since the car hasn't been released and professionals haven't chimed in.  My guess is GM will listen to those people rather than a bunch of hacks like us.  They achieved a full g of grip ten years ago and now they've got two cars approaching 1.1g of lateral grip.  I don't think handling is an issue. 

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

I find it odd that they're including a Vette that seems to be weaker in many ways than the C6. I haven't driven it yet, but it seems like it includes the base engine (unlike the Z06(C6) in GT5). It is also almost 100kg heavier than said Z06 (C6), even though it has a smaller engine. This, when GM claims loosing weight was one of their goals with the C7. What am I missing? Is the Z06 lighter than the base Vette?

I haven't driven it yet, but I don't have great expectations. I'm betting the Z06 (C6) is more enjoyable, and may even prefer the Z05 (C5).

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 08:43:22 PM »

I wasn't impressed when I downloaded the new car.  I took it to the test track thing and realized it was a bit slower than the current base model.  That said, it's just a car on GT5 and God only knows what the real performance will be.

When the ZR 1 came out, I thought the Z06 would be cannibalized.  Instead, I'm now beginning to think the base model is being cannibalized.  There are currently a handful of models that are more appealing to the average buyer.  If money is no object, you get the ZR 1 or the Z06 loaded (or the new corvertible Z).  If you're a track rat, you get the base Z06.  If you're a chick or a guy with esteem issues, you get the convertible.  The base coupe is basically the Toyota Camry of the Corvette lineup.

Regardless, if the finished product resembles what I drove for a few minutes the other night, it'll be a disappointment for Corvette fans. 

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:34:22 PM »

My belief is that they have given us nothing more than a "mule" to play with, not a fully developed prototype.  There are no "adjustments" that can be made to the vehicle (as one would naturally expect).  My BIGGEST objection is that it is a baseline C7, and the only other comparable Corvette in the game (C6-Z06) can out perform this "poser".  :( Why did they whet our appetites with this P.O.S.? Only KAZ in his INFINITE Wisdom could have conjured up this total SCAM.  If you're gonna jerk me off PD, at least get out the Vaseline. STOP FUCKING US OVER, PD! (No reflection on you or your post EX....You have a really good Idea, it just ain't gonna fly with me, that's all, sorry, bud :() My post is to actually serve PD, not General Motors, something to chew on.  WHY DO THEY INSIST ON CONTINUALLY PULLING THIS SHIT ON US....WE HAVE MORE INTELLIGENCE THAN LANDCRABS........
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:41:08 PM by TunahCroonah »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 11:52:15 PM »

Releasing the prototype this close to the unveiling of the actual C7 without releasing the actual C7 when it is unveiled would be unbelievably incompetent.  That wouldn't be unheard of for PD but I expect that the C7 will be released soon after the unveiling of the C7 in Detroit.  I wouldn't be surprised if PD has GT Pods at the auto show with a drive-able version of the C7.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 08:53:49 AM »

Releasing the prototype this close to the unveiling of the actual C7 without releasing the actual C7 when it is unveiled would be unbelievably incompetent.  That wouldn't be unheard of for PD but I expect that the C7 will be released soon after the unveiling of the C7 in Detroit.  I wouldn't be surprised if PD has GT Pods at the auto show with a drive-able version of the C7.

I don't know, Doc, I wouldn't put it past PD to make everyone do the ol' Pavlov "salivation" before releasing the car to the gamers.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up