SupaTunaGT

• April 27, 2024, 10:44:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype  (Read 8866 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »

Is it possible GT has thrown us a bone simply to get us interested in the game again?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 10:14:03 AM »

IMHO a livery editor would have breathed more life into the game that the C7 would/did...

I'd probably spend hundred of hours designing...

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »

livery editor

:stoopid:

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »

okay many valid points, but some of them miss the point.

is the base vette slower than a z06?  yes, and that would be natural to assume.

is this a teaser to get us interested in the unveiled production model? Absolutely.

does that mean we're definitely getting the production vette?  No, but I'd say there is a very good chance.

This base vette isn't a track car, as Rick said.  the z06 is better suited for that.  But, as far as a car that provides a solid start for later z06 and ZR-1 models to be produced... how does it stack up to previous generations, based on the handling?

As for drifting, sure, that is easy to do.  My issue is that I seem to have difficulty stopping that slide and regaining control once it happens to go straight down the track and win a race, rather than just looking pretty around a corner going sideways.

And and... if it's not tuna-able as a prototype I think that is a given, and should be seen as them trying to showcase the car exactly the way it is rather than allowing us to "fix" it to be what we want it to be.

I know that there are much better experts out there than us, but I also wonder if they might also at least be interested in reading our comments.

I'ts not "Just a game" because we've already done so much with it that is not just "playing". Several GT fans have already gone from very little racing experience and only playing GT to becoming race car drivers.  I think if they said something about this car needing a particular tweak, GM would be wise to listen.  And the rest of us, to a lesser degree, can provide good insight too.

So can anyone articulate what the problems with the car may be and if they could just tune that one thing out, what it would be?

Look, if nothing else this is at least an interesting experiement.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »

I believe the relevant thing here is related to this line below, with the highlighted fix being the key...

PD didn't couldn't do a very good job of modelling this car

Nothing more, nothing less. 

It is my understanding that very few people in the world have even driven one of these yet.  How much data could they (they being PD) possibly have to create an accurate physics file for it?

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »

Is it possible GT has thrown us a bone simply to get us interested in the game again?

BINGO! DING! DING! DING! :WINNER

JOHNNY, WE HAVE A WINNER :TTU

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »

IMHO a livery editor would have breathed more life into the game that the C7 would/did...

Actually, ANYTHING would have breathed more life into GT5 than a burlap covered P.O.S. that can't be tuned - GOD forbid, it could have been YET another skyline with a jet engine..... :palm2

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 02:32:03 PM »

Wizard, it is my understanding that the cars go through some data gathering process (unknown) to make sure GT cars handle more or less like the real life counterparts.  I don't think that this being a prototype and under "wraps" means they didn't give PD a chance to drive it or hook a few instruments up to it.  I mean, they must have gotten inside of it to photograph it, right?  At the very least an approved GM test driver would have given them a few laps around a track while the eggheads sat shotgun, right?

I'm very open to the idea that the car isn't modelled exactly right, but I would expect it to be based on some real data though.  It would seem like that desire on PD's part would be part of the negotiation process of having the car included at all.

Croonah, I think we can look at this as a positive move in the right direction.  Is it what you want?  No.  Is it the first thing I would ahve asked for?  Nope.  But it sure ain't a skyline or japanese at all for that matter.  It seems like a possible change in direction so that PD starts to look at giving us North American based content in DLC.

I know that I personally did not buy the new Subaru or GT-R DLC a few months back.  I bought the Honda only, and it was something we didn't already have. If there is a paid DLC production vette, no matter how it drives or looks, I'm snatching it up just to send the message that it's more appreciated than the same old same old.

MasterGT has relayed some things recently which make us believe PD is definitely planning SOME content that isn't purely japanese.

This could just be the beginning.

But that is not to say you all are not right -- that a track wouldn't be better, or that a livery editor wouldn't be more welcomed.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »

BINGO! DING! DING! DING!

JOHNNY, WE HAVE A WINNER

It's going to take a whole lot more than a car to really stir up interest. As far as I'm concerned, this game is a dieing old acquaintance, that I just go visit when I know somebody else is there.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »

It's Christmas time, right?

Maybe PD was giving us a "present".  (They did wrap it...)

And maybe because they think we've been bad little Tuna, our present is really just a lump of coal...

Come to the Late Show on the 21rd and find out!!!  ^-^

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 03:04:52 PM »

BINGO! DING! DING! DING!

JOHNNY, WE HAVE A WINNER

It's going to take a whole lot more than a car to really stir up interest. As far as I'm concerned, this game is a dieing old acquaintance, that I just go visit when I know somebody else is there.

It seems the same to me as Prologue only with more cars and tracks. I enjoy online races a lot as do others. Next time your bored and want some GT5 look for an orange dot.  :)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »

Wizard, it is my understanding that the cars go through some data gathering process (unknown) to make sure GT cars handle more or less like the real life counterparts.  I don't think that this being a prototype and under "wraps" means they didn't give PD a chance to drive it or hook a few instruments up to it.  I mean, they must have gotten inside of it to photograph it, right?  At the very least an approved GM test driver would have given them a few laps around a track while the eggheads sat shotgun, right?

I'm very open to the idea that the car isn't modelled exactly right, but I would expect it to be based on some real data though.  It would seem like that desire on PD's part would be part of the negotiation process of having the car included at all.

To clarify a little...  I wasn't trying to suggest that PD just pulled some numbers out of their ass and slapped them in a physics file.  I'd be willing to bet that you're correct in saying that GM gave them some sort of access to the car to put something together.  My main point was basically wondering how much data and how accurate of a file they could make from it.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »

Wizard, it is my understanding that the cars go through some data gathering process (unknown) to make sure GT cars handle more or less like the real life counterparts.  I don't think that this being a prototype and under "wraps" means they didn't give PD a chance to drive it or hook a few instruments up to it.  I mean, they must have gotten inside of it to photograph it, right?  At the very least an approved GM test driver would have given them a few laps around a track while the eggheads sat shotgun, right?

I'm very open to the idea that the car isn't modelled exactly right, but I would expect it to be based on some real data though.  It would seem like that desire on PD's part would be part of the negotiation process of having the car included at all.

To clarify a little...  I wasn't trying to suggest that PD just pulled some numbers out of their ass and slapped them in a physics file.  I'd be willing to bet that you're correct in saying that GM gave them some sort of access to the car to put something together.  My main point was basically wondering how much data and how accurate of a file they could make from it.

And if I'm a car manufacturer, I'm going to do everything I can to manipulate those numbers in my favor ($$$ to PD). So, it's a simulation, that's all. The relationship between the sim and reality is open to interpretation.

PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »

Seriously, I look at it as an advertising ploy between PD and General Motors.  It's not so much about putting the car in the game as it is about utilizing every form of advertising to sell a product. Good grief can't anyone else see this with the commercialization of television for example?  This appears to be a shabby way of keeping interest in GT5 (and Chevrolet) while PD works intensely on GT6. C'mon guys they've already said they were done with GT5 and are concentrating on the next generation of GT.  GM is looking to hit on young men that like fast cars to entice them into buying their product, and PD is adding this car and promoting the furtherance of their game.   Sorry for being a skeptic and sounding cynical, but it's what I do best.  

ExExbox - I applaud your enthusiasm and promotion of this game, and I would be right there with you, but I guess I've seen too much of the BS with which PD has continually used to fertilize this series to keep it alive without putting forth some serious effort to improve themselves.  

After all, it took them 5 effing years to get this title to store and they have essentially done nothing of consequence in the last two to really improve the game other than to continually screw with the physics. Not only boring, but annoying to have to "learn" them over and over and...  Let's forget about the "DLC" and the "track packages" new content -  they were essentially done on day one of game release.  They have basically done nothing new to this title for the last two years.  

Let's face it, PD has been predictable from day one.  We know what to expect in the "Seasonal events" - every other week 5 A-Spec races and a new online garage selection, while alternating  that with time trials and drift trials the other week.  And we get to get......wait for it........*drum roll*............

helmets and suits!   What happened to the engine and frame refresh tickets?  that was a nice change.

PD Doesn't listen to their customer's needs and desires, period.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:53:24 PM by TunahCroonah »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »

Seriously, I look at it as an advertising ploy between PD and General Motors.  It's not so much about putting the car in the game as it is about utilizing every form of advertising to sell a product.

Of course it's an advertising ploy.  What else would it be?  They are trying to capitalize on the excitement generated by the unveiling of the new Corvette.  As an advertising ploy it's pretty good IF they follow it with the release of the real car in the game.  Otherwise it's a wasted opportunity and an incredible fail.  The baggy corvette is a teaser to get you excited about the real car and the game.  They can build on that with the release of the actual car in game(probably paid dlc).  If not we just end up with a baggy car that no one cares about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up