• April 27, 2024, 01:02:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype  (Read 8865 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »

Ah, yes the old advertising ploy.

Cato! You imbecile, not now Cato!

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »

My thoughtsrobably not worth the time to write out but here it goes. Pd and many manufacturers should be getting togehter in a marriage of mutual benefit. Car makers could generate interest in a market segment that obviously has a thing for driving. And if we knew thta the game would be getting fresh material in vehicles it would help the games lifespan. There are more thoughts but for now I am going back to watching motorweek review a pair of Callaways.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:58:15 PM by BakedTuna »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »

Honestly, PD probably had access to the C7 before that ' mule'  was unveiled to the press at a recent auto show. And to be fair on my original issue, I think the base engine with 4 hundred and whatever horsepower is the only one GM has confirmed for the C7.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »

Steve is right on the money and was correct in agreeing with my initial assessment.    :lolz

There won't be a GT7.  Not gonna happen.  The Gran Turismo series is a dinosaur and now they're jumping the shark, hoping to catch lightning in a bottle one last time.  To be honest, I question if we'll see GT6.  Actually, I've been wondering about that for a while.

They saw an opportunity with the new Corvette.  And realize, it's not just a new model year Corvette, it's a new freaking generation of Corvette.  The car has been around for 60 years, and to date, there have only been 6 previous generations...this is big in the car world.  PD has jumped on GM's coat tails to help push their dying product.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 10:46:31 PM »

My thoughtsrobably not worth the time to write out but here it goes. Pd and many manufacturers should be getting togehter in a marriage of mutual benefit. Car makers could generate interest in a market segment that obviously has a thing for driving. And if we knew thta the game would be getting fresh material in vehicles it would help the games lifespan. There are more thoughts but for now I am going back to watching motorweek review a pair of Callaways.

That's exactly why I never understood Porsche deciding to give EA an exclusive license.  Sure they make a few bucks but they lose out on advertising to a large portion of their target demographic.  Imagine if just 100 out of the 9,000,000 GT5 owners decides to buy a Porsche because they plaid it in game.  That's probably $10,000,000 in sales right there.  I know that when my plan to make millions finally goes through, that I'll be more likely to buy something like an Aston or Ferrari rather than a Porsche.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »

I find it odd that they're including a Vette that seems to be weaker in many ways than the C6. I haven't driven it yet, but it seems like it includes the base engine (unlike the Z06(C6) in GT5). It is also almost 100kg heavier than said Z06 (C6), even though it has a smaller engine. This, when GM claims loosing weight was one of their goals with the C7. What am I missing? Is the Z06 lighter than the base Vette?

I haven't driven it yet, but I don't have great expectations. I'm betting the Z06 (C6) is more enjoyable, and may even prefer the Z05 (C5).

Yes, the base C6 is heavier than the C6 Z06.  They don't share much at all.  Different body panels, different materials even.  I understand the dislike for this C7 prototype but people forget that the "base" C6 is a far cry from the Z06 or even the GS.  It comes standard with all season tires and only gets by with floating caliper pistons, which is just flat out ridiculous for a sports car like that.

PSN ID = dawson864

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »

That's exactly why I never understood Porsche deciding to give EA an exclusive license.  Sure they make a few bucks but they lose out on advertising to a large portion of their target demographic.  Imagine if just 100 out of the 9,000,000 GT5 owners decides to buy a Porsche because they plaid it in game.  That's probably $10,000,000 in sales right there.  I know that when my plan to make millions finally goes through, that I'll be more likely to buy something like an Aston or Ferrari rather than a Porsche.

Well that's a shame, as I suppose you won't be tracking your sports cars.  As far as track worthiness goes a Porsche is far, far far ahead of anything offered by Ferrari or Aston Martin.

PSN ID = dawson864

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »

Well that's a shame, as I suppose you won't be tracking your sports cars.  As far as track worthiness goes a Porsche is far, far far ahead of anything offered by Ferrari or Aston Martin.

What was I thinking?  I must be a moron.  Who the hell would take a Ferrari or an Aston to a track.  They have no credibility when it comes to driving a car around a track.  Thanks for setting me straight.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 02:12:06 PM »

This game has influenced me to buy:

1. S2000
2. Tacoma XRunner
3. Miata MX5

I have no desire to buy a Porsche. Wonder why?    :D
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »

What was I thinking?  I must be a moron.  Who the hell would take a Ferrari or an Aston to a track.  They have no credibility when it comes to driving a car around a track.  Thanks for setting me straight.

While the point of the Porsche being a car that would withstand more punishment over other exotics is accurate. But maybe more true twenty years ago. High strung, fragile Italian exotics, British cars with electrical and quality issues while German cars have typically been well engineered durable vehicles. But as the Japanese ventured into more market segments namely the luxury and sports car segments they have forced the hands of every other manufacturer around the world to change their way of doing things. Some of the history remains though the globalization of these once independent companies might be eroding some of brand personality/identity.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 06:20:19 PM »

:popcorn
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 08:59:10 AM »

Hey now, I'm just speaking the truth here  :P

PSN ID = dawson864

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »

While the point of the Porsche being a car that would withstand more punishment over other exotics is accurate. But maybe more true twenty years ago. High strung, fragile Italian exotics, British cars with electrical and quality issues while German cars have typically been well engineered durable vehicles. But as the Japanese ventured into more market segments namely the luxury and sports car segments they have forced the hands of every other manufacturer around the world to change their way of doing things. Some of the history remains though the globalization of these once independent companies might be eroding some of brand personality/identity.

:ikik I wanna get in on this.

CoughCayenneCough

Aston, certainly. But Ferrari? While the 911 is fast and powerful and the Turbo especially puts up a solid fight against most of Ferrari's trackable monsters, it is downright evil. The 911 is so ass-heavy, it's one of the hardest cars to take to its limit by your average Joe Trackday. The 458 is well balanced - hell, even the Cayman/Boxster is a better track day tool - but it lacks the power and speed of anything Ferrari has. That said, it's a fuckton cheaper too... I think the fun:dollars ratio is far more important and ramblerambleramble...

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »

Well if you're gonna bring up the 458 then you need to talk about the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 or 911 GT2 RS.  Those are closer in price to the 458 and will show them it's taillights at most tracks.

Regardless I was talking durability, not speed :D

PSN ID = dawson864

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »

Well if you're gonna bring up the 458 then you need to talk about the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 or 911 GT2 RS.  Those are closer in price to the 458 and will show them it's taillights at most tracks.

Regardless I was talking durability, not speed :D

I was including the RS in there. They still have a lot of weight behind them rear wheels...

And what about crashability and balance?  ;)

Porsche™, proudly bringing you throttle-off oversteer insta-death since 1963.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:47:27 AM by TheHotstepper »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up