• April 24, 2024, 04:48:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Future Of Gran Turismo  (Read 16844 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
The Future Of Gran Turismo
« on: December 05, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »

I saw some comments about this in another thread and feel it deserves it's own topic.

Let me begin by saying that I love this game. It is a game after all. And as games go, this one is downright spectacular despite all it's blemishes. The part that really shines for me is the physics engine. It's the little things. It's how they thought to make cars top end higher with hard tires vs. soft tires. It's how the car behaves when the springs are too tight or if the car is lowered too much. You know you are dealing with a quality simulator when you can watch videos by Jackie Stewart talking about driving and apply those things in a game and have them help you. The people that wrote the code behind this game love cars. That is clear.

But as others have mentioned, our prom queen is getting some miles on her and she's not the young sexy thing she used to be. So where do we go from here?

Lets face it ... PD isn't making games out of a sense of social responsibility. We get new content when they think they can make some money. That's how this works. They've got a great platform now with GT5. Most of the hard work has been done. For my part, I hope they just start printing money by releasing whatever they can on this platform. Forza Horizons is a really good example of something they could do. They could use Google Earth to map various regions of the world and give us street maps. Then, just use the same cars and physics engine and you've got a new game. I'd buy that. And heck, if they threw in a few new Premium cars too and a track or two, that'd be great too. Their fanbase would support them.

That's my take on it anyways. What do you think?

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Future Of Gran Turismo
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »

All they need to do to reinvigorate this game/sim .... is to add new tracks.  Not fantasy tracks .... REAL tracks.  There are so many missing its almost disgusting.  Everything else is there, but please, no more Nissans ... just give us tracks, and I'd be back to playing GT5 like I used to.

Honestly, the only reason I still fire it up is to race and have a good time with fine Tuna-folks.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »

My point is ... what's their motivation to do anything? How can they justify the time and expense to even model a single car? Who's paying for the electricity to run the servers we play on 24/7?

They need to repackage the game ... add a few bells and whistles and release GT6. IMHO.

MS

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »

All they need to do to reinvigorate this game/sim .... is to add new tracks.  Not fantasy tracks .... REAL tracks.  There are so many missing its almost disgusting.  Everything else is there, but please, no more Nissans ... just give us tracks, and I'd be back to playing GT5 like I used to.

Honestly, the only reason I still fire it up is to race and have a good time with fine Tuna-folks.

this^

GT6 and the PS4 will be out together, either 2013 or 2014. I would be completely happy with more tracks and minor tweaks. There is still plenty of room for improvement in online play.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »

I keep my eye on Project:Cars .... I'm so damn excited about that game. 

Theres the motivation for PD to step up to the plate .... cause they'll lose racers just like me.  And why would they lose me?  Cause the game has gone stale, and I'm desperate for a shot in the arm to get excited about coming home at night to fire up some racing.

I'm more excited (and currently addicted) to play BF3 ... which is what I'm gonna do right now.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 05:38:48 PM »

That Project:Cars looks awesome. But I'm confused. Is the game out? How do they have leader boards and such if it's not out yet?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

I am trying to piece things together on a tower but still am worried I am not techie at all. That is part of what I like about GT5 and I am in agreement they could update with cars and tracks from now until they can make a huge leap in technology before doing GT6. But those updates first and foremost must include tracks. Cars should be included but they need to narrow their search for what to include. I would never use it myself but the livery editor could be another worthy addition.

I would gladly keep buying dlc with current platform and software for quite a while I believe. The possibilitites with the tools they have given us are many but it looks like they will go under utilized.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:58:49 PM by BakedTuna »

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »

That Project:Cars looks awesome. But I'm confused. Is the game out? How do they have leader boards and such if it's not out yet?

Its available on the PC .... in a testing capacity only.  I believe summer 2013 is the target

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »

MX, project cars is a build in progress.  You can buy into it at different money amounts.  It all goes to help the development of the game.

I am VERY excited for Project Cars.  One of the reasons is that they LISTEN to what players are saying about the game.  Development gets better with each voice.  By next year, IMHO, this will be the game that will set the bar for other games to emulate.

For me, GT is on life support and I wanna pull the plug.  PD doesn't care about us (see above)  2 years and minamal updates is pathetic in this day and age of gaming.  I just feel we have been playing the same game for 5-6 years, including GTP.

What would make it relevant again???  Tracks.  Real ones.  Livery editor (should have been in the dang game to begin with) And, a stinking stable online environment.

Agent is spot on.  If it wasn't for the TUNAVERSE, this game would have long been collecting dust.  It is you guys that keep it interesting for me, not the game.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 07:08:27 PM »

Agent is spot on.  If it wasn't for the TUNAVERSE, this game would have long been collecting dust.  It is you guys that keep it interesting for me, not the game.

:stoopid:
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »

Do cars really have a higher top speed on shitty tires than on good tires?  The last time I checked, and this is going back at least one update, maybe longer, the car (I only tested one) was actually faster on good tires than shitty tires.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »

I fijd the same as Rick.  I am faster on better tire - even topend wise.

Here's an idea.  They could kill two birds with one stone.  

Model new cars and tracks for GT6 - adding bells and whistles to the GAME (e.g better track editor, livery editor, etc...  But gives us the GT6 models as GT5 DLC; we test and complain and they tweak their designs so they are perfectamundo in GT6.  

:dingding

Sounds like a WIN-WIN!!!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:43:12 AM by CharlieTuna »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »

GT6 and the PS4 will be out together, either 2013 or 2014.

Jordan (from GTPlanet) and I have a bet about this.

He agrees with you (GT6 on a PS4).

I disagree. :D

What I think everyone agrees on is that Project CARS is going to put a big dent in GT5's on-line activity after it releases. I downloaded and installed it last night. Haven't fired it up yet, though.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 01:49:03 PM »

I'm mostly out of the loop these days...what is Project: Cars and why are we going to love it?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »

I'm mostly out of the loop these days...what is Project: Cars and why are we going to love it?

http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=1809.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up