• April 19, 2024, 12:27:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Future Of Gran Turismo  (Read 16833 times)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: The Future Of Gran Turismo
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »

Agent is spot on.  If it wasn't for the TUNAVERSE, this game would have long been collecting dust.  It is you guys that keep it interesting for me, not the game.

:stoopid:

:stoopid::stoopid:

However, I still have a lot to do with this game.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »

Yeah, I think the thing to remember is that the Tunaverse is a racing community. I'm assuming that we'll all gravitate towards the latest and greatest racing simulator that they come out with for the PS3. And if there is an epic game on another platform, many of us will check those out as well. Regardless, the community lives on.

My point initially is that PD and Sony created a pretty great product for the console market. I feel like a lot of love for cars went into the game and a heck of a lot of effort and money too. It sure would be a shame if they just waited until the ps4 to come out with something new. They've got a great physics engine, great cars and a great supporting community. All they need now is some new content.

I would encourage them to place a call over to the folks at Google Earth and work out a deal to get some of that map data and do something like a GT5 Earth. Or maybe release a fully featured track editor? New tracks. New cars. But my point again is that they won't do it out of the kindness of their hearts. We'll have to buy something ... either DLC or something like Prologue.

Anyways, I'm glad to learn about stuff like Project:Cars. Seems like the racing sim world is getting better and better all the time. Can't wait to see what will be next. One thing I know ... if you folks are involved, there will be some really fast drivers out there.   ;)
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »

I like the Google Earth idea but they could just focus on certain roads even.  Give us the routes of some modern road rallies like the Mille Miglia or the Targa Florio. Or look to Top Gear UK for some of the roads they have found.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »

What really bugs me is all the tracks they could have brought over from GT4. That game had more tracks than you could shake a stick at, and some damn fine ones too.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »

:stoopid:

Less cars more tracks would have been great!

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »

"ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!" Ok, so I'm chiming in late (as usual) :)

The future of this game is jeopardized only by its creator's inability to recognize the need to keep in touch with his CUSTOMERS! (what a Maroon)

He JUST doesn't :fucking LISTEN!!  If he had, and taken our suggestions into account, this title would still be thriving today.   I don't expect the next iteration of this game to be released until AFTER THE RELEASE OF THE PS4. By then, I won't care.

And, even then, it will mostly only be a derivative of GT5, not having any "ground breaking" changes.  The next step for this title is to get Multiple screens working with ONE PS Platform and the extensive use of 3D. 

Albeit, we do REALLY NEED MORE TRACKS, the more important factor is getting the developers to listen to their customers suggestions - this has been a problem Since Gran Turismo was released on day one.   

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
Re: !
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »

"ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!" Ok, so I'm chiming in late (as usual) :)

The future of this game is jeopardized only by its creator's inability to recognize the need to keep in touch with his CUSTOMERS! (what a Maroon)

He JUST doesn't FUCKING LISTEN!!  If he had, and taken our suggestions into account, this title would still be thriving today.   I don't expect the next iteration of this game to be released until AFTER THE RELEASE OF THE PS4. By then, I won't care.

And, even then, it will mostly only be a derivative of GT5, not having any "ground breaking" changes.  The next step for this title is to get Multiple screens working with ONE PS Platform and the extensive use of 3D. 

Albeit, we do REALLY NEED MORE TRACKS, the more important factor is getting the developers to listen to their customers suggestions - this has been a problem Since Gran Turismo was released on day one.   
I'm sooooo with ya  :stoopid:
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »

I really can't see me dropping coin on a PS4 just so I can hate GT6.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 11:25:32 AM »

, My sentiments 'zactly, buddy.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 12:13:16 PM »

Are you playing iRacing instead? Waiting for Project:Cars? Which way are you leaning?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:26 PM »

I say PD needs to forget GT6 and the PS4 for now and go old school. Give us an expansion disk for GT5, full of tracks, cars and new events that adds to what we have instead of starting over, plus fixes and updates, price it at 30 to 40 dollars and then move on to GT6 when you get a truly improved and enhanced physics engine built.

I could say more but I gotta go work now.  :(

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »

I say PD needs to forget GT6 and the PS4 for now and go old school. Give us an expansion disk for GT5, full of tracks, cars and new events that adds to what we have instead of starting over, plus fixes and updates, price it at 30 to 40 dollars and then move on to GT6 when you get a truly improved and enhanced physics engine built.

I could say more but I gotta go work now.  :(

This is actually a really good idea.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »

Are you playing iRacing instead? Waiting for Project:Cars? Which way are you leaning?

I've lost most interest in racing.  To be honest, I've been keeping busy at home and that's helped kill my desire to race.  Plus, I couldn't care less about 975 of the cars in the game or 65 of the tracks.  I have been enjoying Dawson's enduros at Daytona Road Course and look forward to those (wish they were every 3-4 weeks instead of every 6-7 weeks).    

If there was a Corvette series (or some other fun car) or a Daytona Road Course series (or some other fun track), I'd be on the track more.  I don't have much desire to learn something new like iRacing or this Project thing.  

If PD had just given us a few things, I'd never have needed anything other than Prologue.  A handful of new cars every year as new generations of existing cars are produced, a couple tracks every quarter, the ability to create races like we have in GT5...that's all I'd have needed.

I think it was Allstar that said he didn't expect GT6 to bring anything Earth shattering to the table and I totally agree.  This whole franchise is on life support and I'm still not convinced there will be a GT6.  I'm reminded of something I read in the 1980s (yes, I'm an old fart) when I was in grade school.  Someone said they had no idea how they'd fight World War III, but positively knew how they'd fight World War IV...with sticks and stones.  I have similar feelings about GT6.  I don't know if there will be a GT6, but I positively know there won't be a GT7.  

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »

Lets do a Corvette series.    :)

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:42 PM »

...and lets make those corvettes non tuneable. :D possibly change the model from race to race.

also i'm waiting on project cars for my next race game for the ps3, due mid 2013 i believe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up