• April 23, 2024, 03:58:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Future Of Gran Turismo  (Read 16838 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: The Future Of Gran Turismo
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 01:28:27 PM »

I say PD needs to forget GT6 and the PS4 for now and go old school. Give us an expansion disk for GT5, full of tracks, cars and new events that adds to what we have instead of starting over, plus fixes and updates, price it at 30 to 40 dollars and then move on to GT6 when you get a truly improved and enhanced physics engine built.

I could say more but I gotta go work now.  :(

This is actually a really good idea.

:stoopid:
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »

PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: !
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »

"ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!" Ok, so I'm chiming in late (as usual) :)

The future of this game is jeopardized only by its creator's inability to recognize the need to keep in touch with his CUSTOMERS! (what a Maroon)

He JUST doesn't FUCKING LISTEN!!  If he had, and taken our suggestions into account, this title would still be thriving today.   I don't expect the next iteration of this game to be released until AFTER THE RELEASE OF THE PS4. By then, I won't care.

And, even then, it will mostly only be a derivative of GT5, not having any "ground breaking" changes.  The next step for this title is to get Multiple screens working with ONE PS Platform and the extensive use of 3D. 

Albeit, we do REALLY NEED MORE TRACKS, the more important factor is getting the developers to listen to their customers suggestions - this has been a problem Since Gran Turismo was released on day one. 

Actually, they do listen pretty good now. At least that has been my experience. The franchise is still thriving, as you say. I don't see it stalling until maybe after Project CARS comes out. It will be really interesting to see how PD reacts to that one.

You may not realise it, but the recent revision of the tire and wear models seems to be entirely based on a compiled write-up from a few players that I sent in about problems with them. There have been other improvements and corrections from other player's suggestions, too. The US Director also made a point that they are trying hard to listen to players, but he qualified that with saying that they look for things that affect the majority.

Coincidentally, I got a chance to speak with a different part of SONY, a couple of weeks ago, and gave them the exact same suggestion about supporting three monitors from the one console. I felt this was something that might set the PS4 apart from the other consoles, since the original PS3 choked on supporting three HDMI ports and two were removed before release.

Yes, we need more tracks, but we did get Spa and Motegi, recently, too.  ;)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »

Seriously, they've been dicking around with the Physics for 2 years...and still find the need to change them.   I don't mind them fixing the tire traction, but at least make them realistic. 

As far as the tracks are concerned.....That's one of the BIGGEST complaints that has been brought to PD's attention.  If the Director of the U.S. Division of Sony (Taku Imasaki - Yes we know who he is) cannot influence PD and SCEI into providing more tracks, then they (SCEA) are either not listening to their fanbase, or they just don't give a shit. 

From what I have seen so far, this title will starve, stagnate and DIE when Project Cars is released. 

PD NEEDS to realize that the tracks that we had in GT4 are wanted in GT5.  They have them modeled..so what if they are a bit grainy...send 'em out and let us race on them.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »

Seriously, they've been dicking around with the Physics for 2 years...and still find the need to change them.   I don't mind them fixing the tire traction, but at least make them realistic. 

As far as the tracks are concerned.....That's one of the BIGGEST complaints that has been brought to PD's attention.  If the Director of the U.S. Division of Sony (Taku Imasaki - Yes we know who he is) cannot influence PD and SCEI into providing more tracks, then they (SCEA) are either not listening to their fanbase, or they just don't give a shit. 

From what I have seen so far, this title will starve, stagnate and DIE when Project Cars is released. 

PD NEEDS to realize that the tracks that we had in GT4 are wanted in GT5.  They have them modeled..so what if they are a bit grainy...send 'em out and let us race on them.

They did that with the cars and we know how well that turned out.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 09:38:52 AM »

And so, GT11, what are you saying?  Don't drive any "standard cars" because they won't photograph well?

So what you are saying is why bother?  Well then, why bother with ANY OF THIS? Just forget the game, turn off the PS3, shut down the Computer and sit in the corner and mope.

My point is that MGT Posted that they (PD and Sony - SCEA) Listen to our issues and take the ones most list as an issue and address them.  I say - Bullcrap.  How many of us have complained about the engine rebuilds and frame restorations being put in the online lobbies? How about something as simple as FUCKING oil changes?  Did we get any results - I'll leave the answer to you.  

What I'm saying is that they are choosing what they feel is important to the game and THEM - the "easy fixes" that they can make good, that will get them some "brownie points".  This is called "treadng water" in my dictionary.  

They are finished with GT5 and are working on 6 and will ONLY put minimal effort into keeping us "strung along" until their New Title is released - most likely as Sony announces the release of the new PS4 - for about $500.  

We who supported the GT series from the beginning, who put up with the "soons" and the delays, yet again get shit on.  How many times does this have to happen before people realize that they don't care?

Sorry boys, but I'm not buying into their bullcrap.  They have the technology, they have the tracks modeled, they have DLC, they have ALL OF those capabilities...."where's the beef"?  Seems to me they could provide this request with "Minimal" effort - which is what they are looking for anyway. Seems like a "natural" recourse to me.

I don't want a hamburger roll with the pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard WITHOUT the BEEF.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:57:40 AM by TunahCroonah »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »

I understand all the gripes. I really do. But as I've pointed out before, the gaming industry is not a charity, they don't do things for free. What we are seeing is the product of their revenue model. With a game like this, they make a return on their initial investment in the first few months. Then the revenue begins to slow as the newness wears off. They release some new DLC and it props up revenue for a while. But before long, most people have moved on to the next big blockbuster that is getting all the marketing attention. Those of us that truly love the game stick around and keep playing it and get disappointed when there's no new DLC. They can look at their numbers and know ... if we give them more DLC, how many will buy it? If they charged a monthly fee to play the game, then things would be different. We'd have every right to complain and they'd most likely keep improving the game.

Back when I played WoW, I would justify my monthly costs by how much time I played the game and the amount of entertainment it provided. If I pay $9 to see a movie in a theater, how does that compare to $15/month for a game? Stuff like that.

When I think about the amount of money I've paid for GT5 ($60 + DLC) and the number of hours I've had a blast racing online (thousands?), I find it hard to believe what a great value this is. It's really unbelievable that we get to play for free at this point. Yes, the game has little annoyances that I'd like to see fixed. But I can't wait for GT6 to come out. Rather than patching this game, I hope they are taking all of our feedback and trying to make the next version even better.

Just my humble opinion.

MX

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »

Good point, MX5.  But if they wanted revenue, how about they put out a new game more frequently than every 5 and a half years?

I'm with Steve.  They suck.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »

Not sure if these numbers are correct, but if they are ... it explains a lot:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

9,190 units sold in the US? Does that sound right? At $60/copy, that's $551,400 of revenue in the US? And then, if you take out all the costs associated with distribution and packaging, then what you're looking at is a lot less than that.

Maybe we don't get updates because they lost money on this title? I would have expected revenue to be in the millions.

MX

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »

9,190 units sold in the US? Does that sound right? At $60/copy, that's $551,400 of revenue in the US? And then, if you take out all the costs associated with distribution and packaging, then what you're looking at is a lot less than that.

Maybe we don't get updates because they lost money on this title? I would have expected revenue to be in the millions.

MX

From the site you linked. 9,190 is world wide, US 2,410. But it is units (K). So isn't it 2,410 x 1000 = 2,410,000 units sold in US? World wide sales 9,190,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5#Sales

I love this game and as you mentioned before it is a great value. Time spent enjoying game/$.  :)

Brindle

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »

MX

It is more...  At the top of each region, there is a "K" in parentheses meaning 9,190 x 1000 = 9,190,000.  There has been 68 million copies sold world wide.  :)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »

LOL. Ok, that explains it. I'm an idiot.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »

Nah not an idiot, but I think you do qualify for membuhship to..

;D

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »

Nah not an idiot, but I think you do qualify for membuhship to..

;D

Hey now. I resemble that remark.  ^-^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up