• April 28, 2024, 06:51:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nevermind  (Read 3397 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Nevermind
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:27 PM »

[snip]

Decided this is not a good idea. Someone has already created what I was thinking was missing.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:05:43 PM by MX5_Racer_69 »
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Introducing: The Supa Tuna Racing Association (STRA)?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »

:)  ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(  :copz:  ^-^  :laugh  :jimi:  :angel:  :lolz    :stoopid:

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:33:12 PM »

If the schedule fits I'm in  ^-^

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »

:)  ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(  :copz:  ^-^  :laugh  :jimi:  :angel:      :stoopid:

I'm in, time permitting.  :)

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »

in too

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »

Sweet. What nights? Mondays or Wednesdays?

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »

Also, please note ... this is not an attempt to copy that other racing association. This one will be run Tuna style ... no stress, no worries, laid back, have fun ... with pie and bacon.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »

Wednesdays are best for me

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »

I'm definitely interested and either Monday or Wednesday is generally fine for me.

Did you have anything specific in mind for the cars in each class yet MX?  Maybe basing them on the SCCA list you'd posted in the other thready, or perhaps based on cars with a stock PP that falls in a certain range?

While testing and looking for new / interesting ToC classes I sort of stumbled upon some ideas that might better suit a series race environment, when you mention the Touring and Racing classes it reminded me of some of those ideas I'd had over the past few months.  A bit like what I'd posted in the other thread too about the Weekend Racer idea.

Touring - Stock (T-S)
Certain cars of a similar PP range with minimal upgrades if needed for balancing purposes, no tunable parts only fixed ones (fixed suspension / transmissions only), no aero, running on Sports tires (probably Hard compound).  Perhaps using lower end sports cars, coupes and sedans.

Touring - Modified (T-M)
Same cars as above but with more upgrades to power / weight and drivetrain, adjustable transmission / suspension / LSD and all aero parts running on Racing Hard tires.

Grand Touring - Stock (GT-S)
Similar to T-S but with higher power cars (perhaps like Ferrari, Lambo, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Chevrolet, Dodge etc) but again with minimal upgrades, no aero, etc on Sports Soft tires.

Grand Touring - Racing (GT-R)
Similar principle to T-M, using the same cars as the GT-S class but with more upgrades / modifications to power, weight, etc.  Adjustable parts and all aero parts, running on Racing Soft tires.

Hopefully all that doesn't confuse matters even more, just throwing out some idea / info / input based on some of the experiments I've been doing :).  Also I don't have anything against the "tuning prohibited" so long as we can find groups of cars that work well together, I just have a feeling it might not be too easy without at least some basic upgrades to balance them out (just simple stuff like the odd bolt on power upgrade to certain cars).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »

^^^^ this is why I'd obviously like you to be involved.    :)

I've intentionally let the details remain somewhat vague so that we could solicit input from the group about what they want. But here is one thought that I'd like to throw out there. I've taken a little bit different approach with this, at least in my own head. Instead of being car focused and trying to find cars that match up well together (a noble endeavor, for sure), my focus is the driver / racing / competition. To me, it would be completely acceptable if everyone showed up with the same car. If it were only up to me, I'd pick a PP based on a common car from the SCCA list. I'd take that car out, break it in, do an oil change and set the PP based on that final PP. Then, I'd let everyone know which car I used as the test bed and let folks experiment with other cars and share their experiences. If one car was clearly faster than all the rest, I'd either recommend that car to the group or maybe ban it, again soliciting feedback from the competitors.

For me, one of the primary goals of these events is simplicity. If you're driving in the Stock - Touring class, it should take almost no effort to find the right car and show up at the last minute and be competitive. That's the goal, at least from my point of view. There are a lot of other events that strive for car diversity. I'm hoping to facilitate easy participation in a race that's very balanced and fun with a low barrier to entry. I also want to keep track of results and have a leaderboard to celebrate those that attend and drive well.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:16:31 PM by MX5_Racer_69 »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »

I've really been getting into the tuneless stuff. I would actually like it better if it were just one model car. The C7 is a great example of a car you can not tune, yet yields great excitement in a race. 

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »

I've really been getting into the tuneless stuff. I would actually like it better if it were just one model car. The C7 is a great example of a car you can not tune, yet yields great excitement in a race. 

I'm actually in the same boat as you, but I didn't want to assume that this is what everyone wants. I like having some events that are about diversity and encourages driving lots of cars. But I also like events where everyone has the same basic car with the same basic mods and no tuning. You all go out on the track and race. Eliminating the car from the equation ... it then boils down to differences in driving ability, skill and luck.   ;)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 05:17:57 PM »

Anything that does not involve practice, tuning or required running I'm in, when I can.  :)
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »

Also, please note ... this is not an attempt to copy that other racing association. This one will be run Tuna style ... no stress, no worries, laid back, have fun ... with pie and bacon.

Spoken like a true Tuna...   High Fin!!!

:ttu
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up