• April 20, 2024, 02:15:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone had THIS problemo?  (Read 2366 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Anyone had THIS problemo?
« on: December 21, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »

Ninja reports his controller(s) won't work.  They work fine in XMB but when games loads it just sits on the menu screen and won't advance into GT-Life or even move.  El frozo controllo...

Any ideas or suggestions?

I've asked for more feedback from him but he's quite frustrated.  I wanted to know:

- does he see a "cursor"
- has he experienced same in other games

i looked all thru GT5 options and couldn't come up with any ideas as to why it is happening but he reports the behavior from both his DS3 and his DFGT.

:huh no "Troubleshooting" section in the Online Manual

And the wording seemed kinda counter-intuitive or maybe conflicting is a better word...

Section 2 Game Updates

Don't shutdown the game during an update.  But if you're having problems with the update, exit and deletes some things.  What things?  Can you nuke system updates without compromising your savedata?

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Anyone had THIS problemo?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »

Yes .... that happened to me about 3 months ago.  Luckily, I had a sort-of recent game save.  I had to reload the entire game.

Have him check another game and see if its OK.  If it is .... gotta reload GT5 from scratch.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 10:47:31 PM »

Does Ninja have a wheel?

I might be wrong but I could have sworn when I first got mine back in October I could use the DS3 to navigate menus and the wheel to drive without having to do a thing.  But it seems lately it's started automagically setting the DS3 to Controller 2 so I have to hold the PS button and change it from Controller 2 to Controller 1 in the menu then it works fine.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:06:14 AM »

Typically, based on examples that I have heard about, when one GT5 starts to have odd problems that others don't have, it's time to re-install.

And, yes, you can re-install without affecting a game save.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »

Does Ninja have a wheel?

I might be wrong but I could have sworn when I first got mine back in October I could use the DS3 to navigate menus and the wheel to drive without having to do a thing.  But it seems lately it's started automagically setting the DS3 to Controller 2 so I have to hold the PS button and change it from Controller 2 to Controller 1 in the menu then it works fine.

I've been resetting the DS3 since I've had the wheel hooked up.  The PS3 gets confused, so it moves the DS3 to slot 2 and uses the default slot 1 for the wheel.  They can both work from slot 1.  Just reset the DS3 controller before you enter the "My Home" screen or wait until after it is loaded...It doesn't matter.  But at ANY Rate, I've been saving games for 2 years and have not had problems with just adjusting the controller setting before each game.  But you Don't have to do a reinstallation - I've been playing the game every day with 5 separate game saves and have never had any problems.  Once you correct the DS3 "channel"to slot 1, it will remain  the same throughout game plays and logins as long as you don't turn off the PS3.  Once that is done, the PS3 goes into a state of confusion until you manually reset the next time you turn on the PS3 and login.  This only happens if you have a wheel hooked up.  Games that don't use a wheel have no problem.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:39:09 PM by TunahCroonah »

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 03:54:49 AM »

My recent problems got nothing to do with controllers and since there's been no action here lately I'm hijacking THIS thread.
I can be online fine
Can sign in no problem
Can open the game (its slow if signed in)
BUT
I'm having trouble to get online ingame
Trouble to go to seasonals
Can't get in online dealer
I HAVE ALREADY
Restrated game/PS3/modem in all sequences
Cleared my cache
Cleaned the game disc
Reloaded from last weeks gamesave
I NEED
HEEEELP
Any suggestions appreciated. Am hoping GT5 Asian servers just having an issue this weekend. Last week was no trouble
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 11:03:31 AM »

Might be something to do with PD's network, Soks.  I had a couple of hiccups last night while I was doing the SuperGT seasonals, seemed slightly slower loading a couple of times (not drastically more so than normal but looking back now I wonder) and also after exiting an event I received some error about a network connection problem which dumped me all the way back to the main menu.

Seemed like it was a PD error though, like I'd just lost my connection to the mothership because it seemed fine going back into GT Life, but still might be connected to what you're experiencing.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »

Are you on some local GT forum, too, to be able to listen for similar complaints from other players?

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »

MasterGT, have you heard about a refufeling bug?

I've only seen it in one race, but most drivers experienced it. Recommended fuel for a refill (on a pit stop) is based on fuel consumption for Normal Tire/Fuel, so if you are using Fast Tire/Fuel setting, you get recommended half of what you need for your last stop of the race. Imagine what it would do for Very Fast setting.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:07 PM »

I knew that there was a refueling issue, but I hadn't heard it put into those words before.

If that is how it works, then maybe they can make further more appropriate changes. Can this be verified? I won't be able to look at it for a few days.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:41:50 PM »

A number of guys had this issue in our endurance race (Gentlemen's FR Coupe endurance?) on Friday night, dlrsw, agentwd40, I had the issue. Others I'm sure.

I'll try to test very fast settings tonight to see what happens. The Veyron should be a good test subject at Daytona oval.

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »

I knew that there was a refueling issue, but I hadn't heard it put into those words before.

If that is how it works, then maybe they can make further more appropriate changes. Can this be verified? I won't be able to look at it for a few days.

that's how it works; dmcallis probably knows it in more detail than anyone I've spoken to about it, I know he took cars out to route X for some extensive fuel-burn testing after the update.  He may be able to give you more detail than I.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 08:22:15 PM »

Are you on some local GT forum, too, to be able to listen for similar complaints from other players?

Not on any forums but none of  the Indonesian guys on my friend list were on for more than a few minutes over the weekend. It seems a bit better today.
I see maintenance is scheduled this week lets hope that helps
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 05:22:00 AM »

Testing done last night.

For both tests:
Veyron, stock/unmodified, racing hard tires.
Daytona Speedway oval....20 lap race

First test...
Very Fast Fuel/Tire wear...fuel empty-power loss approaching pit lane on lap 8...I pitted
Game commended 37 liters...I quit race

Second test...
Fast Fuel/Tire wear... fuel gage displayed red near the end of lap 16...I pitted
Game recommends 7...I take the fuel and drive
fuel gage displayed red again near the end of lap 18..I pitted
Game recommends 5 liters...I take fuel and drive
I run out of fuel before I get around the track on lap 19.....and quit.

So yeah, unless you use the normal tire/fuel setting, the recommended fuel in pits will be wrong

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »

In your first test, you state that you used Very Fast.

Did you actually mean normal? 37 units doesn't sound like a problem.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up