SupaTunaGT

• April 19, 2024, 10:46:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Stock Car  (Read 11218 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: Game Stock Car
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 03:42:42 PM »

The video looks pretty cool and the game sounds fun, but my God, it has about the worst name for a video game as I've ever seen.    I hope something was just lost in translation.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 08:16:24 PM »

Quite possibly the best physics/FFB combo I've ever played.

Now I'm sure of it.  This game is great!

I just wish it had more cars. :bummer

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »

I just wish it had more cars.
I like it as well. Thought about restarting the season evnet I started several weeks ago. And I really liked the Nursehasbiggrin track  you shared.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:16 AM »

I just wish it had more cars.
I like it as well. Thought about restarting the season evnet I started several weeks ago. And I really liked the Nursehasbiggrin track  you shared.

I should have time this week to get the rest of the tracks I have shared.  There's probably about 50 or so.

Also, I hope to also have time to figure out why I can't get a room going.  :)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »

Anyone try 2013?  Does it have dynamic tracks?  What is the career mode like in this game?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »

Anyone try 2013?  Not yet.

Does it have dynamic tracks?   Day/night yes.  Weather not sure.

What is the career mode like in this game?   Not sure.

Not the best answers but that's all I got right now.  I'll probably buy it "soon".  :)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »

I bought the game but I still haven't had a chance to try it yet.  I'll give it a go tonight.  This guys seems to like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtfCe630p0

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 06:03:22 PM »

I still maintain that the stock cars in the 2012 version were the best feeling sim cars I've ever driven.  FFB was fantastic and the car/wheel just felt "right" in my hands.

I'm sure I'll pick up this new version eventually.

I'd like to hear your feedback once you've played it a bit Doc.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 02:49:05 PM »

My initial impression was pretty negative.  It looked like crap, side monitors were distorted, steering sucked.  It didn't help that it has a definite rFactor feel.  I hate the rFactor2 UI (never tried rFactor).  If I hadn't bought the game and was just trying out the 60min demo, I probably would have given up.

Part of the issue was my fault.  I didn't notice the multiview tick box on the config screen.  After rerunning the config and enabling multiview it looked better but still not good.  I couldn't get the FOV right in the options menu and ended up having to edit the cam files to correct it.  The default cam file didn't seem to do anything and it was a bit of a pain to edit all the car files.  Finally, I got CCC to handle the antialiasing and stuff.  That finally got things looking good.  Not as good as iRacing but much better than before.  The steering fix was simply to change my wheel to 540 degrees. 

After getting through all that, the sim is pretty darn good and well worth $25US.  The graphics aren't the best but fps performance is really good ~70 with a 20 car grid at Interlagos.  Though it's hard to see exactly since it's partly covered by the bevel (why is it so hard to get proper triple screen support?).  I'm no expert on physics but I think it's in the same ballpark as AC, rFactor2, NKpro and iRacing NTMv5 at first glance.  AI at first glance seems pretty good.  I'm pretty slow so it doesn't take much to challenge me.  I may need to turn up the aggression because I had a bit of a parade following me one race.  Even so, in one practice I moved to divebomb one car and he actually gave me some space and then retook the position the next corner.  While the UI definitely has rFactor roots, it's not nearly as bad as rFactor2.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 06:59:55 PM »

An interesting comment by one of the GSC devs on the iRacing forum:

Bear in mind that despite what the GTR3.co.uk forums say, GSC is NOT a different tire model or engine compared to rFactor 1.

If it feels like this, it is because our circuits are more bump detailed and our physics a step up from most rFactor mods. However, should you drive a straight conversion rFactor car and circuit in GSC, it'll feel exactly the same as it did in rFactor.

I never understood why people convert mods to the various gmotor sims as they are all effectively the same, so I stick to rFactor for modding and only drive the original content in these other gmotor sims. But that's just me, at least you know now that any 'magic' you feel in GSC comes from hard work, not from engine differences 

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »

I really like this game.  A good selection of cars from Karts to Minis and Camaros to Stock cars to Formula cars.  All the tracks are from the Brazillian stock car series.  Pretty well done and the track surfaces are nicely detailed.  The name of the game is kind of unfortunate since Brazilian stock cars are more like touring cars.  Here is a real race with a couple of former F1 drivers (Barrichello and Zonta).  The start to the race (at about 5min) is pretty crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JpyCt664gQ

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 11:29:06 AM »

2013 has been officially released: http://game-stockcar.com.br

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 10:31:53 AM »

I'll probably pick this up pretty soon as well.  2012 was amazing and I'm reading 2013 is even better.

BTW, here's a link with quite a few mod tracks and a couple cars too....  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac5re2kbbczl9/Downloads

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »

I tried the karts last night at Interlagos.  The karts were apparently one of the things that they changed from the pre-release.  They are a lot of fun.  The steering is lighter than the pre-release and the karts are much twitchier.

I had a great race against the AI.  I thought that I qualified 1nd but ended up starting last.  I might have been black flagged for speeding in the pits or something.  I managed to work my way up to third by the end of the race.  Racing in karts is pretty intense nonstop action.

This reminds me.  There are a lot of tracks in GT that apparently also have kart tracks.  It would be nice if they managed to include some of those in the game as well.  Maybe they will include the kart tracks at Interlagos as part of the Senna thing.  I'm pretty sure that Senna started off in karts.

I'll have to try the Formula Reiza cars at Interlagos later today.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »

Recent comment from the devs...

Over the next few months we plan to continue supporting GSC2013 with a constant flow of developments, including new cars, new tracks and new simulation features.

Without going into specific details just yet, this is what GSC2013 users can look forward to in the near future:

The updates will come in at a roughly regular pace – every month or so something new will be added to the sim, be it a new track, a new car, or a new feature, along with continuous improvements & eventual bug fixes;
All updates will be free – if you own GSC2013, the new content will be made available to you at no additional charge. We are however looking into experimenting with more community interaction for those willing to participate and contribute with the funding of these developments;
As with the content currently available in the sim, there will be a mix of licensed and fictional content;
The main goal for these updates is to continue to enrich the simulation and the diversity of driving experiences available – no “more of the same”, the new content will complement and enhance the existing stuff into an even more complete racing sim package;
The diversity is relative to our own content but also relative to other sims – these are not cars and tracks you are likely to find in every other racing game (they are not obscure either mind);
Also keeping to the “diversity” guideline, relative to base content the new content will be largely international (non-Brazilian) – from past, present and future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up