SupaTunaGT

• April 27, 2024, 05:36:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snail Spec Racing  (Read 1159 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Snail Spec Racing
« on: December 25, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »

Saw this on the mother ship:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235094

Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible while requiring the minimum amount of time and hassle. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. It's our belief that close racing is not only exciting, but is also the best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! We have our official league night every Sunday night at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific, but we also have a full schedule of events held on every night of the week. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about our league and how to join us.

What Makes Us Different

There are three key elements that make S.N.A.I.L. unique. First of all, we are the first league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. When you combine this with the fact that we require all of our drivers to compete in the same cars, it produces a type of racing called Spec Racing.

This is pretty much what I've been advocating for a while now. I think our TuTu races should run like this, or we need another night of racing that is all tuneless, single car races. What do you say?

MX
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:12:09 PM by MX5_Racer_69 »
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: Snail Spec Racing
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »

Saw this on the mother ship:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235094

Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible while requiring the minimum amount of time and hassle. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. It's our belief that close racing is not only exciting, but is also the best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! We have our official league night every Sunday night at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific, but we also have a full schedule of events held on every night of the week. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about our league and how to join us.

This is pretty much what I've been advocating for a while now. I think our TuTu races should run like this, or we need another night of racing that is all tuneless, single car races. What do you say?

MX

Sounds an awful lot like how our TuTu races do run

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »

:stoopid:

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 10:49:27 PM »

Sounds an awful lot like how our TuTu races do run

Oh, ok, I saw these events and thought the format had changed:

http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=2164.0

http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=2165.0

Didn't mean any offense.

MX

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 11:10:27 PM »

Should have included this in the original post:

What Makes Us Different
There are three key elements that make S.N.A.I.L. unique. First of all, we are the first league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. When you combine this with the fact that we require all of our drivers to compete in the same cars, it produces a type of racing called Spec Racing. We are also the only league to feature an Interactive Format that allows all of our members to vote on which cars and tracks we race. And finally, we use Promotion and Relegation to divide our members based on skill level. This ensures that everyone is able to enjoy close and competitive races, regardless of their skill level. These three elements combine together to provide a one-of-a-kind racing experience!

Fixed.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 06:25:58 AM »

TuTu is a come and go as you please type of evnet, for the casual racer. These snail races sound like point races, which is something we could do on another night, I'm sure.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 07:12:08 AM »

TuTu is a come and go as you please type of evnet, for the casual racer. These snail races sound like point races, which is something we could do on another night, I'm sure.

I'm really not trying to take the casual nature out it. I've just come to the conclusion that I've personally had the most fun racing with single cars with no tuning. That Ford Focus event, for example, was a blast. The racing was so tight that many of us were giggling at the insanity of it. I realize that people have different tastes. Some like variety. Some like to tune a car. I like three wide into the corners praying that the tires hold. So I get where these guys are coming from. I've signed up for a few races with them. I'm going to check it out. If there is interest in doing something similar here, let me know. I'd love to be a part of it.

MX

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 07:58:58 AM »

My philosophy on the matter. 

Discussion is good, but if you want to run a race in a way or format that is not currently being done. Just make up the rules, test it, post it and host it. It will succeed or it will flop but you won't be able to say it was never tried.  :D

But I agree with the others. This sounds like a formal TuTu. 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 09:11:34 AM »

I understand what you are saying about close quaters events adding to the fun factor for ya mx. With some events i helped with in the past though something i found that was even more fun is if you can find two cars that are equal but have contrasting styles to getting them around that track quickly. One of the coolest events we did way back early on was Mustang vs. Clio @HSR. It created for a very racy enviroment where you had to accept being passed knowing full well your car would have it's own strong spots on the track and you'd get that spot back then. Had a blast watching the strategies playing out.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »

I understand what you are saying about close quaters events adding to the fun factor for ya mx. With some events i helped with in the past though something i found that was even more fun is if you can find two cars that are equal but have contrasting styles to getting them around that track quickly. One of the coolest events we did way back early on was Mustang vs. Clio @HSR. It created for a very racy enviroment where you had to accept being passed knowing full well your car would have it's own strong spots on the track and you'd get that spot back then. Had a blast watching the strategies playing out.

Great points Baked, which is why homogenizing all the races would be bad. I'm also not interested in the point system, because we already have the Tuna Cup and going any further than that ... well, we already have the TPRA for that kind of racing. All I'm really trying to do right now is gauge interest. If there is just a handful of us that want this kind of thing on a regular basis, then the Snails may be the place to go. Just wondering if there are more folks here that crave that as well.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »

Cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up