SupaTunaGT

• April 28, 2024, 11:47:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fisherrat58 Sunday ?hp ?kg Race cars  (Read 3925 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Fisherrat58 Sunday ?hp ?kg Race cars
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

so did you guys know that everyone runs their cars to near empty when trying to get a good q lap when tire wear is set to fast? i've been in a few races lately, where this has happened. cleary i am dumber than i look, and thats saying alot. i would have never thought of it by myself.

I know the car can be quicker with less fuel, but I have never bothered or managed to run that many laps without leaving the track for adjustments and such.

They are long races and I am usually just trying to get a consistent time that is close to fastest lap. Oh and for me close is a second or two.  :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:07:09 PM by DudeTuna »

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 04:22:57 PM »

they are approx 2 seconds faster per lap on near empty tank with fresh tires. i discovered this on wednesday nights fgt race at spa with wagg, and some other guys from the death star. side note, the crew over at the death star has gotten pretty cool i must say. original note, we had an hour long practice / q session. everyone elses time kept getting better by large amounts. my time however improved a tenth here, a tenth there. i started thinking i wasn't nearly as fast as i thought. granted i never race the formula 1 or formula gt cars ever, but still i'm never 2 seconds off pace in a spec race. so i ended up with a q time good enough for next to last place.

the race begins, half the group blows turn 1, i pass 4 or 5 people, and find myself in 5th place. it takes a few more laps before i catch the 2nd place guy( he q'd 1.75 seconds faster then me). he gave me a good run for 2 or three laps before he destroyed his tires trying to keep up. i'm thinking how am i keeping up with everyone when the are clearly seconds faster then me.  now i have nothing but clear track between me and position #1 guy. he pits shortly after, that leaves me in 1st. i'm now pulling away from 2nd at over a second a lap, still trying to figure out where everyones speed went. i ended up using the 1 pit strategy, while most everyone else used a 2 pit. i ended up 2nd place, (2 pit strategy was better it seems) but by only 9 or 10 seconds. not the 50 or 60 seconds i was figuring would happen. thats when it dawned on me that they must have let their fuel get low. i asked and they all confirmed it. lol, now i know.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »

they are approx 2 seconds faster per lap on near empty tank with fresh tires. i discovered this on wednesday nights fgt race at spa with wagg, and some other guys from the death star. side note, the crew over at the death star has gotten pretty cool i must say. original note, we had an hour long practice / q session. everyone elses time kept getting better by large amounts. my time however improved a tenth here, a tenth there. i started thinking i wasn't nearly as fast as i thought. granted i never race the formula 1 or formula gt cars ever, but still i'm never 2 seconds off pace in a spec race. so i ended up with a q time good enough for next to last place.

the race begins, half the group blows turn 1, i pass 4 or 5 people, and find myself in 5th place. it takes a few more laps before i catch the 2nd place guy( he q'd 1.75 seconds faster then me). he gave me a good run for 2 or three laps before he destroyed his tires trying to keep up. i'm thinking how am i keeping up with everyone when the are clearly seconds faster then me.  now i have nothing but clear track between me and position #1 guy. he pits shortly after, that leaves me in 1st. i'm now pulling away from 2nd at over a second a lap, still trying to figure out where everyones speed went. i ended up using the 1 pit strategy, while most everyone else used a 2 pit. i ended up 2nd place, (2 pit strategy was better it seems) but by only 9 or 10 seconds. not the 50 or 60 seconds i was figuring would happen. thats when it dawned on me that they must have let their fuel get low. i asked and they all confirmed it. lol, now i know.

Just another example of why don't we have more host controls. It could easily be an option to set fuel amount. Then if you want 15 liters in your tank to hot lap and Q you could do that.

Also, that's another reason to have a track reset before qualifying. :)

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 06:49:41 AM »

yes this^^^^

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »

A lot of us really missed you to day Fsher. I and many others hope to see you on track soon. It was too funny a large groupe of us kept asking the same question. Where is Fisher and the fishtank?  :jimi:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up