SupaTunaGT

• April 26, 2024, 08:00:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• DAYTUNA 500: February 17, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAYTUNA 500  (Read 9153 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: DAYTUNA 500
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »

We will have to plan for a Let the chips fall where they may 500. Having one standard tire might settle things down a bit too.

I've noticed a variety of things over the past weeks.  First, some guys (not necessarily from these waters) simply refuse to use the brake.  Second, some guys (not necessarily from these waters) think you can win the race on the first lap.  Third, some guys (not necessarily from these waters) think they're real life racers and do what the big guys do...bump drafting the whole way around the track.  Sure, it works sometimes.  However, other times, not so much.  Last night there was one race in particular where I was in a Maserati Gran Turismo and Boston was in the Alfa Romeo 8C.  Those cars did not like to run together.  Finally, some guys (not necessarily from these waters, though there are a handful, me included) just aren't capable of running close to other cars.  

I agree that if you wreck and there's no caution the rest of the race is going to suck for you.  Maybe what we can do is have an enduro broken into smaller races.  Five 40 lap races or ten 20 lap races, something like that so if you fuck up, you're not bored for the next two hours.  Take the sum of all the races, best time wins the overall event.

I'll settle for the race lasting one hour. We could use fast or very fast tire wear to insure enough pit stops are made. Perhaps a top speed limit to limit the effects of bump drafting. Or find some car other than an effin napcar to drive around Daytuna.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:16:50 PM by DudeTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »

Rick run one however you like I will do my best not to shit all over it before it is even over. Which will be easy because I have zero interest in a race that will last more than an hour and not offer a caution. Little races to make one big one is a step backwards in my eyes. Going back to gt5p but not as cut up. A race like that lacks the flow and feel of actual race event.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2013, 05:34:06 PM »

Rick run one however you like I will do my best not to shit all over it before it is even over. Which will be easy because I have zero interest in a race that will last more than an hour and not offer a caution. Little races to make one big one is a step backwards in my eyes. Going back to gt5p but not as cut up. A race like that lacks the flow and feel of actual race event.

I hear you Baked. Maybe someday cautions will be just another host control option.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »

lots of good conversation here... nevermind that ther eare disagreements.  hashing it out is what matters for this group of racers and for all others.

(speaking mostly of the GT sats race, since I was not in attendance for the DayTUNA)

there HAS to be a better solution than calling cautions non-stop, and also to keep the races long and interesting.

one thing is for sure -- that you can't guarentee you won't be wrecked by someone else, especially in NASCAR & Ovals in general.  That's parto f the wildcard that is racing.

What I would like tosee is drivers admit they have put someone into a wall and wait for them, even if on an oval and that means losing the draft of the leading pack.

That is how respectable people race on non-ovals, so it stands to reason that's how it should work on an oval too.

So scenario 1: Two guys are side-by-side and one forces the other into the barrier and they merely slow down.  You KNOW you just did that, so slow down a bit and help each other draft up.  If you are unsure whether you made contact w/ or affectively forced the other driver into the wall and slowed them down, then ask.  if they say "no you're good, but if you want to help me out you can"

Scenario 2: someone clips someone else and there are wild spins and a huge wreck.  All cars left behind by the pack should work together to make a 2nd pack rather than spreading out.   It's simple physics that you will travel faster as a group than as lone wolves or even ifn pairs.

serious races are fun races, but going roundy round w/ friends is what we're all looking for.  There's a good way to balance those two things and I believe the Tunas are the best group out there at accomplishing that.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00:52 PM »

Just noticed update to points did not realize Agent made a last second driver change. Thanks gain for putting this on Brindle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up