• April 19, 2024, 07:41:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98048 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »

AC site is down. http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/
Preorder imminent?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 09:37:12 AM »

Quote from Devs...

Dear followers, finally the AC release is very close.

The Assetto Corsa's official site, www.assettocorsa.net is under maintenance: when it will come back online, all the information about the game, its contents and features, the hardware requirements and much more, will be finally available.

More importantly, the release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues (you can read about that here:

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/726358147390506), we have had to change some assets of our strategy, finding the solution that will make you happy and will let the development team complete its job as soon as possible, and at its best.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have decided to include the Spa-Francorchamps track and three additional GT cars (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3 and Lotus Evora GTC) in the main build of the game, to offer to you the best selection of cars and tracks that we are able to deliver, without any additional cost. We hope you appreciate it. Thanks to this addition, Assetto Corsa will include in total 35 cars, 16 vehicle classes, 11 circuits and 3 additional scenarios. Other extra contents will be added in 2014, in order to guarantee a long-life to this simulation.

The first build of Assetto Corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.

As part of the early access program, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for Assetto Corsa 1.0.

During the whole process, the AI, Multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.

Gentlemen, start your modems!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »

Quote from Devs...

Dear followers, finally the AC release is very close.

The Assetto Corsa's official site, www.assettocorsa.net is under maintenance: when it will come back online, all the information about the game, its contents and features, the hardware requirements and much more, will be finally available.

More importantly, the release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues (you can read about that here:

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/726358147390506), we have had to change some assets of our strategy, finding the solution that will make you happy and will let the development team complete its job as soon as possible, and at its best.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have decided to include the Spa-Francorchamps track and three additional GT cars (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3 and Lotus Evora GTC) in the main build of the game, to offer to you the best selection of cars and tracks that we are able to deliver, without any additional cost. We hope you appreciate it. Thanks to this addition, Assetto Corsa will include in total 35 cars, 16 vehicle classes, 11 circuits and 3 additional scenarios. Other extra contents will be added in 2014, in order to guarantee a long-life to this simulation.

The first build of Assetto Corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.

As part of the early access program, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for Assetto Corsa 1.0.

During the whole process, the AI, Multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.

Gentlemen, start your modems!

Welcome to the new wonderful world of sim development.  Allow people to pay for a partly-finished game and slowly develop it.  Even PD is getting in on the act (although they may be the pioneers with prologues and GT5).  Part of me is disappointed that it sounds like it is not really close to finished (even the full 1.0 version will be missing important features).  Part of me is excited that we'll finally get to play it. 

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 10:12:47 AM »

It's out!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »

:fucking finally!

If I only had time to play it.  :bummer

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »

FUCKING finally!

If I only had time to play it. 

My workstation is my cockpit.  Kind of dangerous.

My initial impression is that at this point it is basically another techdemo with a few more tracks and cars.  There are some challenges that I haven't checked out yet but no AI or multiplayer.  It has native rift support but it is currently broken (some things aren't rendered for the right eye).  The cars and tracks that I've tried are pretty good.  The x-bow is a lot of fun.  The 458 italia was a little dissapointing.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2013, 12:32:47 PM »

There are some challenges that I haven't checked out yet

Hey Doc have you had a chance to check these out yet?

If so, can you give me a short description of what they are?   I'm mainly curious if they're time trials and if so, are there leaderboards?

Thanks.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2013, 05:41:12 PM »

There are some challenges that I haven't checked out yet

Hey Doc have you had a chance to check these out yet?

If so, can you give me a short description of what they are?   I'm mainly curious if they're time trials and if so, are there leaderboards?

Thanks.

There are two types of event, time attack and something else.  I think that I tried time attack last night.  Basically just hotlapping but no leaderboards yet.  I take a look at it again tonight.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »

I wrote something more yesterday but for some reason it didn't go up. 

You can choose either practice or challenges.  Challenges is further broken down into hotlap, special events and time attack.  In time attack you have a certain amount of time to start with.  Each time you hit a checkpoint you gain points and a little more time.  You lose points by crashing.  Kind of gimicky.  Special events look like they are divided into test drive and time attack but the time attack isn't the same as the time attack that I mentioned above.  Basically special events, hotlaps, and practice are all just hotlapping.  Depending on which one you choose, you may start in the pits or a couple of corners before the start line.  IF you choose hotlaping you get a ghost car but otherwise they are basically the same.

GTPlanet now has a dedicated AC section.  Someone started a hot lap thread there.  A lot of talk on the different forums including iRacing.  A lot of positive and negative talk.  People are calling it everything from obviously simcade to the best sim ever.  Really to me, iRacing on NTMv5, rF2, GSC 2013, AC and even LFS feel close enough to the real thing to be believable.  I couldn't tell you which one was more realistic though there are many people who are certain that they can. 

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2013, 11:54:14 AM »

Apparently Steam has reduced the price to $19.99usd.  If you have a PC that can play this, go buy it now.

Why are you still reading this?  Go buy the game.  Seriously.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »

New update as detailed below.  The drift track is kind of cool.  Maybe I'll have to learn to drift.  But the P4/5 Competizione at Mugello is absolutely :fucking awesome.  Having a laser scanned Mugello is :fucking awesome.

V0.2 Live

New content

The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements. A new enhanced force feedback mode, new environments for showroom mode and several predefined profiles for gamepad and steering wheels. Also included are German and Spanish localisations.

New Tracks

Mugello Circuit. The awesome Italian circuit has been meticulously reproduced using laser scanning technology, allowing race fans to feel every bump, kerb and detail with the maximum fidelity.
Assetto Dorifto. This fictional environment has been designed to appeal not just to drift fans, but to all car-control fans: Featuring multiple layouts allowing you to showcase your sideways skills.
New Cars

Lotus 2 Eleven
P4/5 Competizione – Scuderia Cameron-Glickenaus
Pagani Zonda R
New Features

New car liveries
New showroom – Industrial
New showroom selection
New controller profiles
New car mode selection: Default, Step1
Game Modes

Drift. With racing game fans raving about Assetto Corsa’s authenticity, drift mode takes advantage of the flexible ultra realistic physics model, to seamlessly recreate the experience of drifting. No physics tweaks, no strange tyre calculations, just pure driving joy.
Enter Drift mode! Gain points by drifting to the extreme! Drift at outrageous angles, create smoke and receive bonus points for style and combos. Get enough points before the countdown ends and level up!

It’s addictive, thrilling and fun and it’s all made possible by Assetto Corsa advanced physics engine. Just think of the replays!

Six new special events, featuring new content are included in this first update, we look forward to providing more compelling cars, tracks and features over the following weeks.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »

Finally bought it! :)

Now I just need to find some time to play it.  :bummer

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 06:38:33 PM »

Finally bought it! :)

Now I just need to find some time to play it. 

Did you get the $19.99 deal?  I thought that I read somewhere that it didn't work unless you were in the Ukraine or something stupid like that.

This new patch is really good.  Performance is better.  Graphics are better.  Mugello is awesome.  Imola is very good.  Unfortunately, the version of Silverstone isn't the GP track only the version that you could unlock in GT academy.

The new patch has added canned ffb effects on by default.  You can turn those off in the options.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2013, 07:19:15 AM »

Did you get the $19.99 deal? 

No.  Paid $40

Are you happy with the way the game feels with your CSR?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »

Did you get the $19.99 deal? 

No.  Paid $40

Are you happy with the way the game feels with your CSR?

The game feels great to me.  Even without the canned ffb in the new build, I can still feel the curbs and stuff.  What do you think?  The ffb in the first build was so polarizing that I wonder if there was something wrong with some people's setups.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65   Go Up