• April 28, 2024, 04:01:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro Trip  (Read 1448 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Euro Trip
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »

I'm not smart enough to post videos on here, but if I was, right here you'd see the Youtube clip for the song "Scotty Doesn't Know" from one of my favorite movies, Euro Trip...but I'm not, so you can't see it.

Anyway, I Rekked Rick Enterprises is a multi-national, multi-company conglomerate that specializes in, well, everything.  However, they're making their first splash in high-end luxury automobiles by purchasing a car dealership in Europe.  Due to several territorial issues, they will only be offering 4 cars initially.  Currently on the lot are Audi RS 6 Avants, Alfa Romeo 8C Competiziones, Aston Martin DB9 Coupes and Jaguar XKR Coupes.  While these cars may range wildly in horsepower and weight, they match very well in performance points and weight/HP ratios. 

A sister company of the car dealership is currently offering packages to pick up your car and head out with friends on the travels of a lifetime as you touch base in Italy, Germany, Belgium and France. As we parade through each country, IRR has worked with the owners of a handful of tracks to allow us a track day, so we can see how our new cars perform on real life tracks.  In Italy, you'll get to see first hand what it feels like to drive on the Monza Circuit.  In Germany we'll use part of the Green Hell track (GP/F).  In Belgium we'll visit Spa.  And in France, we'll see what's going on at Circuit de la Sarthe (2009).

As owner of the company, I've test driven all these carts at the 4 tracks just to make sure the cars are worthy.  I tracked my best laps in each car at each track and in over 11 minutes of total driving time over almost 20 miles of tarmac, a half second separated the four cars (and that's only because I caught lightning in a bottle during one lap in the Jag). 

Since we'll be traveling in our new rides from track to track, we had to set some parameters so the car was somewhat track ready, yet still provided a pliant ride on some of Europe's less that perfect roads.  As such, sports soft tires will be required, since there is no need for a death on this first foray into Europe.  Also, only a handful of mods are permitted so these luxury machines keep some of their charm.  For suspension, you can purchase the Fixed Sports Kit.  It tightens things a bit, but still allows for a soft comfortable ride home from the track.  The transmissions in all cars are choice to begin with, so no need to change things.  Simple drivetrain options include:  twin plate clutch, semi-racing flywheel, and carbon drive shaft.  That's it. Really, that's all these cars need.

Ultimately everyone who buys one of these cars is a winner because they're all stellar in different ways, however, just to make things interesting, a winner will be determined by the lowest accumulated time of the four track days. 

Because of insurance requirements (and the fact that there seems to be an event already planned on every day of the week), dates have not yet been set.  Was hoping for possibly Monday nights, but don't want to step on MastrGT's toes; looking at Saturday afternoons, but no one seems to run then; and Fisher does the Sunday afternoon thing.  If I can't work out something in the next few days, I'll just pick a slot and you might have your choice of events. 

I'm thinking of races lasting about an hour in length with tire wear and fuel consumption set at fast.   

Also, if there is sufficient interest, IRR's travel agents have told us they can extend the holiday to include trips to Spain and Switzerland. 

After we hear back from the insurance underwriters, will post dates and times.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Euro Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »

PSN ID = dawson864

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »

Hmm, I'd been thinking about taking a vacation and this sounds perfect!

Depending on the scheduling plans there is always the possibility of IRR Enterprises teaming up with Touch of Class Productions to run something on some Thursday nights if that would help.. though that might end up with it being called "I Rekked Touch of Class" or "Touch of Rick" :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:55:04 PM »

Hmm, I'd been thinking about taking a vacation and this sounds perfect!

Depending on the scheduling plans there is always the possibility of IRR Enterprises teaming up with Touch of Class Productions to run something on some Thursday nights if that would help.. though that might end up with it being called "I Rekked Touch of Class" or "Touch of Rick" :).

That would probably work out well, Feldynn.  Also, I considered starting a new company because of the nature of previous IRR events.  These cars are simply too attractive and top-end to intentionally rekk. 

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »

Shhhhhh.  Scotty doesn't know.

Scotty Doesn't Know

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »

Shhhhhh.  Scotty doesn't know.

Scotty Doesn't Know

Thanks Boston.  It's such a great movie...it's always on my Tivo playlist at home...I can't seem to delete it. 

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »

Did someone say smashing up cars?  :D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »

Did someone say smashing up cars?  :D

Was actually hoping to avoid that this time Looney.  The cars are such lookers it would be sad to destroy them at will.  However, I'm always up for a good smashing.  I've got a birthday in April, might be time for a demo derby then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up