• April 28, 2024, 07:27:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• Euro Trip--Italy: March 21, 2013
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro Trip Itinerary--Day 1  (Read 5827 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Euro Trip Itinerary--Day 1
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »

A couple notes of thanks.

First to Feldynn, for both allowing us to run on his Thursday night, and for using his lounge for the race.

Also to everyone who came out (or tried to come out, or wanted to come out and couldn't).  Turnout was much greater than I expected. 

Thanks.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »

For what it's worth I think the race length was just about perfect, I think it was just long enough to allow for either 1 or 2 stop strategies but it depends on the car and how you drive it.  I hurt my tires early on and had to stop by about lap 12 but for the 2rd stint I was actively trying to be a little more careful and saved significantly more tire without any significant slowing of lap times.

The kicker is the difference in fuel loads, one stop you pretty much need a full tank refill but two stops allows you to spend less time taking on fuel.  I took 50 liters first stop, ran til fumes then I think I took 80 liters and finished with a good 1/4 of a tank or more left.  I'm not sure that the difference between full tank vs. partial tank refills would be completely equal but I do think that coupled with the difference in tire wear makes it close enough to be interesting.

Also, you're more than welcome Rick :).  I'm glad to help out and that we could find a day to run this series that was good for so many people!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:20:47 PM by Feldynn »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »

Nothing different with my story ... logged in and got hit with updates.  Got past that, and found a car that fit in, but found a room I didnt fit in.

No biggie as i was totally unprepared and shouldnt have been on the track with the professionals anyway.

Maybe next time.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »

the Aston about 6.4

After early initial testing, I chose to bump the race from 30 laps where practically anyone could make it with one stop, up to 32 laps where you could likely make it, but you had to work it. 

I guessed around around 6.5 L for the Aston also, which means over 200 liters, which forced 2 stops.

The second statement here is one I would focus on. I only ran more than 7 laps once (which was in the race) but doubt I could reliably make 15 laps. I was getting sketchy in 11 laps. That would have improved with practice, but not that much. Perhaps this is one case I don't fit into 'practically anyone'.

PKR_Cipriani99

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 03:25:57 PM »

Maybe we should do the first race over, just call it a learning experience. looks like we could of had a real full room.

No, I `m not just saying this because I got disco`d when I had the lead with 10 laps to go.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »

Cip, perhaps we could call that first run a dress rehearsal and start keeping times for the final three races.  A couple guys weren't happy about missing the race, you got disco'ed and I only have two legitimate times for the races.  I'm open to that.

Turbo, I factored a couple things into my statement.  First, I figured for an endurance type race guys would be running at 80-90% of their regular pace so they didn't end their race in the sand.  And second, with the draft, they might have been able to get an extra lap out of the car that running by themselves they wouldn't have achieved.

The common theme is that I picked the lap count based solely on strategy.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »

No biggie as i was totally unprepared and shouldn't have been on the track with the professionals anyway.

That should never stop you. I hadn't setup the car until just before joining the lounge, and managed to pull out a solid 3th place.

I don't believe in practice, the main thing is, I had fun.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 04:48:25 PM »

I'm with you Chrome. 
I concur

Fun is FUNdamental...

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »

Like I said, No Biggie.  My plan was to off-track to the back and then stay out of the way.  I like 2 of the cars and wanted to drive 'em around ... maybe hook up with some other fun-like-minded-non-serious drivers and have some cool runnings while laying down some fast laps.  ;)

Next time ...  8)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »

Well :fuck! 

It turns out that my Lounge Settings were indeed set to a max of 11 players, no clue why I'd have set it like that but apparently I must have some time ago.

My humble apologies to everyone that tried to get in and received that Full Room message :-[.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »

i saw that when i entered but thought nothing of it at the time Feldynn.
Rick good job on picking the cars they all seemed to run similar times hope to make the next few races in the series if life permits.
Agent if i prepared for every race i entered i might run 1 race a month(and it very often shows), these cars are heavier than most of the cars we generally race expect less braking response..................

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »

I'm not looking for points or anyone to give anything up or asking for a re-run of the first race, I was just disappointed I didn't get to run with you guys in what sounded like a great race with lots of fun, and that I even prepped for a little bit (aka more than my usual not at all!)

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to hop in the next one, or two, or the rest, but even if I made this one I'd of probably disappointed myself anyway and pulled last so no biggies.  I'm just looking for more events I can have *fun* in, and by that I mean not knowing I'll be driving the next XX laps all by myself because I'm already that far in last place :P  Not even looking to win, but I'm sure you'll all agree a race is a lot more fun when you're part of the pack/able to see other cars than running a solo time trial basically for however long...

I think my real problem is that everyone here is just getting too damn good and I can't keep up!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »

Phreak--the next race is the eleventeenth of April.  I can't remember where, I think Germany.  Theoretically, we're supposed to keep the same car we drove the first time, but my memory is bad and you didn't race, so it's open for you. 

Despite some comments that the cars seemed slippery, I thought they all handled very well and were fun to drive (even without the few mods we added), though I admittedly put in more laps than anyone (in testing) and got used to each car's charm. 

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 09:01:22 AM »

Hey is there gonna be a new thread for Euro Trip Itinerary Day 2?  :-\

PSN ID = dawson864

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 10:38:55 AM »

Hey is there gonna be a new thread for Euro Trip Itinerary Day 2?  :-\

Yep.

I'm currently down for maintenance.  Had another injection yesterday and my wrist is still tenderish.  Plus, I just updated my Psycho Dad blog so it's even more tender.  Next race is next Thursday and I'll post everything in a Day 2 Itinerary post.  If I remember right, we're heading to Germany for the GP/D track or something close to those letters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up